What delicious food are you allergic to?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wine!! It makes my nose run & I start to sneeze a lot because of the sulfites. But I have a solution: I keep a box of kleenex handy if I plan on having a glass (or two, or three)... ;) I do love my wine.

Organic wine contains no sulfites, but it usually costs a bit more.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Corn. Which really sucks because I am in Texas so that eliminates 1/2 the menu at most restaurants. One of my fav places to go I can only order 1 thing that isn't corn!

A friend of mine is allergic to corn also and she has to avoid anything with corn gluten, glucose, etc. in it. And there are a LOT of products that contain hidden corn.

I'm also allergic to beer. Even a sip of it makes me sick.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have a mild-moderate reaction to all fruits and veggies. And a severe reaction to kiwis and melons.

But I love them so I eat them anyways with an allergy pill.
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Melon, (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew,) Raw carrot, raw apple, avocado.

Those are some biggies. :(

* I can eat cooked carrots and apples all day long.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. It's only a light allergy though... my throat gets scratchy and puffy. They were my favorite fruit so I still sneak one or two every once in a while. :P
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Squid. No calamari for me!
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i am also allergic to avocados--and i never meet ANYONE with the same allergy: crazy! i get intense stomach pain, nausea, gas, generally just feel like i am dying.

also, allergic to so many foods that i lived on for years, and never realized how much they were hurting me until i elminated them:
    -all dairy
    -all artificial sweetners
    -excessive amounts of processed soy

Those are my avocado allergy symptoms.
  • Athena7579
    Athena7579 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to everything that's delicious....

Shrimp (shellfish period)
    Eggs
    Chicken
    Peanuts
    SOY....even if I apply it to my skin and you would be surprised how many products have SOY in them...
    Avocado

Sucks A@@!!!! But I usually take my chances, mostly causes itchy throat. I'll take a Benadryl and keep it moving!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Wheat.... so no bread/pasta/etc... I actually have celiac disease. But I am also sensitive to corn, rice flour (but not rice??), and bananas make me sick to my stomach
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    flying fish roe & escargot will give me hives

any large amount of grease will make my stomach explode but I'm not allergic
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I know its not my allergy but my mother is allergic to beef, carrots and passionfruit in a serious way, eating = annaphalytic shock and possible death.then theres also mild allergies to kiwi, strawberries and red wine. impacted seriously on my diet when i was younger..dad grows all our veg so i had an excess of carrots to eat to make up for her, but havnt had roast beef since i was about 6 and as such don't really have a taste for beef (except fillet steak medium rare ;)
  • findusfaithful18
    findusfaithful18 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everybody has a hard time believing this, but I'm actually allergic to regular refined sugar. If I were to eat even a teaspoon of regular sugar, all of my muscles start to ache and feel heavy, I'll sleep for 12 hours a night plus need naps throughout the day, and the symptoms will last 2-3 days. Basically it makes me unable to function, so that's pretty strong motivation to stay away from it (even though sometimes I really crave sweets!)

When I first discovered it and took sugar out of my diet, I had a huge weight less over the next year and a half - went from a size 14 down to a size 6. Unfortunately since that time I've discovered I don't react to organic sugar or to things like Splenda, so I could basically just make myself all the sweets I wanted as long as I used those kinds. So a few pounds have gone back on and that's why I'm on here :P

Anyways, it can be really difficult because I can't eat any dessert outside of my house (restaurants, get-togethers at friends' houses), and it really sucks when my husband is eating something that just looks oh so good! I also work for Starbucks and I can't have hardly any of drinks and absolutely none of our pastries, so it can be difficult to describe those things to customers. But in general, I know I'm much healthier without refined sugar in my diet and I can actually function normally, so I'll keep at it :D
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Dairy, bananas, peanuts, gluten.

I do eat them occasionally and then pay for it big time! :sick:
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to sesame and my daughter is anaphylactic to milk, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shell fish, eggs, wheat, string beans, sunflower seeds/oil, coconut, cinnamon, legumes and nutmeg. :noway:
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Granola bars - I break out in hives if I have one. The hives are usually on my face.

I also have a problem with some fruits - melon, grapes, strawberries - my throat feels like it's closing. I still eat them but in small quantities.

The really bad one though is crushed red pepper or various other spicy peppers. I'm still trying to figure out which ones. If I eat them, I feel like my intestines are on fire. It's very painful and I'm sick for a day with symptoms that are way TMI. I think that's more of an intolerance than an allergy but it really sucks because I have always loved spicy food.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    food
    whenever i eat it i get fat
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Kiwi :(

same here. and they're so good! :sad:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Nothing that I am aware of...
  • diadora95
    diadora95 Posts: 9
    Options
    Shellfish. It's so depressing.
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    Nuts - just started about a year ago! My mouth turns into one big canker sore - very painful.