What delicious food are you allergic to?

Options

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't have many allergies, just a severe one to hazelnuts, less severe ones to tree nuts (I have to eat quite a few before the itching starts) and I'm allergic to some pesticides. Eating fruit is a 50/50 chance that I will end up with itchy lips and tongue. Mostly from apples, peaches and cherries.

I also have severe intolerances to pork, beef, dairy and eggs.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Peppers, but i don't like them so it's okay! I just hate that everyone seems to put them in everything.
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Coconut and raspberries...
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tree nuts, corn, eggs, crab, some fish.

I'm not deathly allergic. I do avoid the tree nuts, but do a low corn, low egg diet.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Cauliflower, Honey, Grapes, and Aspartame so anything diet, sugar-free and actually most beverages I get to avoid like the plague.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Also some hormone or pesticide that is used in meat processing and on some vegetable farms, so I eat organic vegetables and avoid meat unless it is organic and hormone free.
  • Dalacombe
    Dalacombe Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm not allergic to foods, but my 5-yr-old is deathly allergic to peanuts, so we can't have peanuts or tree nuts b/c of cross contamination. I LOVE nuts and miss them terribly. Love my son more though ;)
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Soy.

It's a minor allergy though. The less processed it is, the more of a reaction I get from it. Organic green tea soy milk made me throw up during class ;x. Tofu and edamame makes the area around my lips itch ad my lips kind of swell, although fried Chinese tofu is okay for me XD.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are apparently allergic to tilapia. It's pretty yummy, but I'm not much of a fish eater, so it's not a big deal.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm mentally allergic to peanuts!!! and anything related to it....
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love really spicy food but found that some chilies give me evil headaches.... and sugar makes me all stuffy nosed and miserable if I have too much. Nothing makes me die... well so far.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, here's the list:

Raw: Cherries, fig, snow peas, celery, green peppers, certain apples (it's Russian roulette with that one), any dairy product (yes, cheese, ice cream, yogurt etc), carrots.

Any of these items with the exception of dairy products are fine once they're cooked.

Ironically, I'm allergic to most allergy medicine as well...smh.
  • Sweetyli
    Sweetyli Posts: 1
    Options
    Kiwi
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    strawberries :sad:

11269213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. And it kills me this time of year. They look SOOOOOO yummy. :cry:
  • thenry429
    thenry429 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Papaya ...I get deathly ill within minutes of a tiny amount, like food poisoning. Discovered this when I learned it was a good cancer fighting food and my fiance' was prematurely diagnosed with stage one colon cancer.

I am so surprised at all the allergies to good healthy foods.
  • filmdir
    filmdir Posts: 5
    Options
    Coconut
  • Huggenkiss27
    Options
    Just found out a few weeks ago that I'm allergic to wheat a gluten. Lots of delicious food has it- bread, tortillas, cake, and many other things. At least it's forcing me to really watch what I eat!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    almonds and hazelnuts
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Bananas of all things
    Asparagus and I love asparagus
    Oysters blech.

I would just probably get a lot of gut/stomach reactions and pain there.