Replies

• raggyanndoll
    raggyanndoll Posts: 176
    Options
    Amen brother! Well said.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    14. You must haz use propper speling an' grammer er what you say haz no merrit!

Writing clearly is a courtesy to other readers. And if you don't know the difference between "lose" and "loose," go back to elementary school.
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    1) Barefoot or minimal running is best.
    2) Barefoot or minimal running will destroy your feet.
    3) You should eat back your exercise calories.
    4) You should not eat back your exercise calories.
    5) Starvation mode is real.
    6) Starvation mode is a myth.
    7) It's about eating healthy, not calories.
    8) It's about calories, not eating healthy.
    9) Losing a certain amount of weight (.5-2 lbs) per week is best and the only right way.
    10) Losing any amount of weight is okay if you're permanently changing your lifestyle.
    11) It's okay to be classless, hateful, ugly, and just rude to anyone who disagrees with you on the above opinions (or anything else for that matter) as long as you're just some anonymous person behind a computer.

So, what I've really learned...

1) Discover what works for you personally and that you feel you can sustain for the long-haul.
    2) Most people are trying to become healthier to feel better about themselves, but some find it's just not enough and need to try and do so at the expense of others. This is really sad no matter what you weigh.

I don't listen to anyone except KBSwinger LOL. Can I add #12??? I'm with stupid!!! Some of the posts on here really make me laugh more than Americas Funniest videos LOL
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    One thing I learned is that newbies will tell you how it is done.

Well DUH!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    This is SO TRUE, I've never meet so many health experts in my life....

TRUTH.

Right, amazing so many unhealthy people become experts just by logging in :laugh:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be classless, hateful, ugly, and just rude to anyone who disagrees with you on the above opinions (or anything else for that matter) as long as you're just some anonymous person behind a computer.
    Plenty of people who can't be big in life do so through the safety and anonymity of a computer.
    Fanaticism is the brother of doubt.:bigsmile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've learned not to say anything. Ever. Unless you want a bunch of people to rip apart whatever it is you said no matter true, informative, helpful, backed up with scientific evidence/personal experience, etc. it may be.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

What I have truly learned is that I should do my own research and not just count the variety of opinions on MFP
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be classless, hateful, ugly, and just rude to anyone who disagrees with you on the above opinions (or anything else for that matter) as long as you're just some anonymous person behind a computer.
    Plenty of people who can't be big in life do so through the safety and anonymity of a computer.
    Fanaticism is the brother of doubt.:bigsmile:

It is, isn't it?
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome to just about every forum on the internet. Have a nice stay.

ps, the internet is a lot more fun with a thicker skin.

Also more fun when you can laugh at the idiocy...

Preach!
  • kathym42
    kathym42 Posts: 26
    Options
    Well said and very amusing too!!! :laugh: :tongue: :drinker:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Define nonsense and who gets to judge that versus a difference of opinion. I've had people praise the Atkins diet and other swear it off as nonsense (just one example of many). Can you further quantify what you're defining as being eligible for attacking?

Is this for me?
  • mrsslimkatie
    Options
    I just started reading these forums 2 days ago and was kind of dissillusioned by learning these things right off the bat. It makes me feel better to see that others are recognizing this and aiming for a more supportive and open minded vibe!! :flowerforyou:
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You forgot the most important thing on MFP...

Everything is better with Bacon!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Define nonsense and who gets to judge that versus a difference of opinion. I've had people praise the Atkins diet and other swear it off as nonsense (just one example of many). Can you further quantify what you're defining as being eligible for attacking?

You'll most likely see nonsense around these parts in the form of demonizing a single maconutrient, food or ingredient with no regards to context or dosage. Other common nonsense is talk of starvation mode from skipping a meal, special snowflakes who think they can operate out side the laws of the universe, post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacies etc etc
  • zimfour
    zimfour Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like #3:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Very true, great post!
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    You forgot the most important thing on MFP...

Everything is better with Bacon!

Bawahahahahaha.... everything except for my *kitten* and thighs!! Those could definetely do without the bacon!! :drinker:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    14. You must haz use propper speling an' grammer er what you say haz no merrit!

Writing clearly is a courtesy to other readers. And if you don't know the difference between "lose" and "loose," go back to elementary school.

bite me:tongue:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    #12: There are lots and lots of UNIQUE folks here on MFP. Who....look at a barbell, and gain like 2 lbs of muscle a day. ...all while eating 500 calories below his/her TDEE.

#13: Someone who has logged on for 5 days in a row asks a question (that usually has been asked 800 million times, no big deal...whatever)....THEN (here's the kicker) doesn't like what most of the veteran MFPers have to say....gets defensive.
This discussion has been closed.