Top 11 Things I've Learned From MFP Forums

Options

Replies

• corymink
    corymink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    And, don't swim one half hour after eating.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    And, don't swim one half hour after eating.

Brilliant!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I studied biology and I'm married for over a decade to a physicist. I've spent the past 16 years of my life surrounded by people that have a Doctorate degree in biology and physics, but then I joined MFP and found out that only people who lift weights are scientists and everyone else must be utterly stupid...oh and skinny fat. And anyone that is not an expert at weight lifting must be afraid of getting bulky (there is no other possible explanation for why someone would be new to weight lifting or for why anyone would enjoy any other physical activity other than weight lifting).

But, there are some really nice (and funny) people here!

Also I don't even know how I ended up here. I just signed up out of curiosity.

One more: No conversation is complete unless someone says "pink barbie weights".
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options

bite me:tongue:

Do you bite back? :love:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You also forgot to mention that you have to get offended at anything and everything. You're not allowed to have a sense of humor.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    BUMP is not a drug reference but more of a way to remind self that I should read this post
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are a lot of conflicting statements on the forum.

I am glad that I kept it simple (KISS) and didn't let myself get sidetracked or confused by all the hullabaloo.

I let MFP guide me and it worked.
  • TamTamW
    TamTamW Posts: 27
    Options
    Here ya go!

Wait for someone to say it's ok to do something when you know it's not! If you wait long enough you will get the answer you want to hear. That doesn't mean that it's the right answer!
  • aleham
    aleham Posts: 44
    Options
    If someone complains about a problem they're having don't be honest with them about other things they could be doing that are more productive, which could ultimately fix that problem.

Bottom line: Sometimes people don't want your advice, they just want to complain. Don't play in to it.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    If you are a girl and don't lift weights, all the weight lifting girls will turn their nose up towards you after learning a few exercises.

If you have a tattoo, you need to make 3 threads a day how awesome it is

People get offended when you don't leave a message with your FR, but they don't mind posing half naked in their profile
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you are a girl and don't lift weights, all the weight lifting girls will turn their nose up towards you

If you have a tattoo, you need to make 3 threads a day how awesome it is

People get offended when you don't leave a message with your FR, but they don't mind posing half naked in their profile

^^^ this is AWESOME
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I learned what a thigh gap was. :laugh:
    Booo I don't have one!

I don't have one either. I just learned what it was. :grumble:
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Best post ever.

Agreed :)
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    Define nonsense and who gets to judge that versus a difference of opinion. I've had people praise the Atkins diet and other swear it off as nonsense (just one example of many). Can you further quantify what you're defining as being eligible for attacking?

You'll most likely see nonsense around these parts in the form of demonizing a single maconutrient, food or ingredient with no regards to context or dosage. Other common nonsense is talk of starvation mode from skipping a meal, special snowflakes who think they can operate out side the laws of the universe, post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacies etc etc

lol at "special snowflakes"!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You also forgot that "loose" and "lose" can be used interchangeably.

THIS drives me crazy! They are 2 different words that mean 2 different things.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Very true.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You also forgot that "loose" and "lose" can be used interchangeably.

U mean there not? Thats to crazy!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA Love this!!!!
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I really like this post and really reflects how I feel sometimes, but you're right its all about what works for the individual.
    Thanks for sharing xx
    :smile:
This discussion has been closed.