Calling all Cathe fans!

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Laurie & Karen ~

Laurie: Don’t you love it when that happens – put in a workout thinking it will be a little bit “lighter” and you end up working harder than you thought & burning more calories! :noway:
    I bet the Jillian rotation is good – those are great workouts. I really like her “tough” approach in pushing you through the workout. Makes you want to work hard!

Yes, it is a tough one. I always think, oh no – I have to go through that whole set one more time YOW-sa! But it is a great feeling to make it through. Then I had Legs this a.m. – they are enjoying a little rest now at my desk I’m sure! :laugh:
    Tomorrow (depending on how they feel) :noway: I may do Kick Max. I did that last Thursday after following the Leg “day” and it was good!

Karen: How did you do yesterday? Did your workout go good and feeling ok!??!

Hope you both have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Morning, :flowerforyou:

No run for me last night, had to help the DD with her Geometry. :wink: I was actually able to help her with the one and only problem she couldn't figure out. :happy: After she was finighed I rushed out the door to get the grocery shopping done. :grumble: That is not one of my favorite jobs. :grumble: So this morning I got on my TM (raining out), and did a 2 mile run. After that I had enough time to get in Basic Stretch from Total Body Stretching. I'm going to try to get in StretchX after work today. :wink: Oh and I did receive a doggy kiss on the top of my head when I was on the floor stretching. :laugh: So funny when you look up and there is this big German Shepherd tongue about to hit your face! :laugh:

Tami, Did your legs feel good enough for KickMax? I have not done that one in ages, and probably should try it out again. It is such an intimidating workout, that it has a HUGE dread factor for me. But once you get it done, you feel so great. :smile:

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes ~ I got in my Kick Max workout this a.m. My legs felt great (not even sore from Leg workout day before) so that was good. :smile: Definitely a burner but it was good!

That's hilarious about your dog. I can absolutely relate. My sweet Golden Retriever likes to hang out right where I am working out (if she is in the house) and then if I am down on the ground she stands right over the top of me. I think they have this sense about making sure we're ok and wanting to be right there!

Tomorrow is Back & Biceps w/ hopefully an ab workout too.

Hope you have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I've been snooping again on your thread to see how ya'll are doing w/STS. You've mentioned the KickMax workout. I absolutely love Kick Punch & Crunch and have thought of getting KickMax numerous times but there are lots of bad reviews of it out there. It seems you like it? How does it compare to KPC? Reviews have said KickMax is kinda boring...

Thanks for any input. Sounds like you're still enjoying STS. I'm on day 18 of INSANITY. Still kicking my butt, but I don't ever press pause anymore which is great. It is getting a bit old doing the same workouts over & over I must say. Luckily they are short. I ended up going back & ordering the extra deluxe workouts. So now once a week I am doing Shaun T's upper body weight workout. Somehow he still manages to turn that into cardio. I'm finally feeling leaner though. I've never had to eat this many calories!!! Lost only 1 pound, but then again I really don't have any weight to lose...Will keep ya posted. I see some of you are thinking of doing INSANITY next.
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for popping in with your update on Insanity. Yes, we have definitely been chatting about wanting to try that workout as one of the next programs on our list! So you’ll have to keep us posted. I continue to hear good things.

I don’t have Cathe’s KPC DVD so Laurie might be able to compare the two but Kick Max doesn’t seem boring to me. I enjoy it definitely. It’s a great cardio if you don’t want to do a step program & want a different style of workout. If you like a “kick boxing” style workout w/ plyo drills that is what this is.
    The first 30 minutes are punching and kicking drills that progressively get more complex. Then the next 20-25 min. are 10 circuits that include plyometrics and some kicks as well. The last portion of the DVD is leg training/conditioning drills. Leg raises and extensions, holding them or slow kicks; working on form for kicks & strength. (works your outer/inner thigh and butt forsure!) :wink: So not sure how that compares to KPC. Hope that helps! :smile:

Keep us posted with Insanity! That’s great that you are feeling leaner. :flowerforyou:
    Talk to you later ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning, :drinker:

Today was Power Yoga for Happiness, and I did the Magical Hips portion which was 55 min. total. I think Eion Finn is a goof, but he sure can get the body moving. :wink:

Tami, That is exactly what my Cami did to me. And again this morning I was doing the relaxation pose, and I think she had to check to see that I was still breathing. :laugh: Eion actually has a dog in this DVD when he is talking about down dog and up dog. :laugh:

BiloxiBelle, Tami has given you a good description of the workout. My thoughts on the difference is that the cardio in Kickmax is much more intense than in KPC. She doesn't really do a gradual increase like in KPC, where she will start out in low intensity, then intermediate, then on to the high. Some of the people didn't like the set up of doing the kicking/punching before the cardio. They felt that the drills at the beginning where not intense enought to get the HR up there. She does have premixes on this workout that reverse the process. I like the workout, but it does have a dread factor because the cardio is so intense. I have not done the thing in quite a while, so probably should test my endurance. I know that I probably would have no problem with it, because I have a higher endurance level than when I did this workout before. Yes, please keep us posted on how you are liking the Insanity workouts. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tami & Laurie! Guess I will add KickMax to my ever-growing wish list of workout dvds!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies & TGIF!

Glad we could help on the DVD descrip. :smile: I know we can all relate to an "ever-growing" wish list of workout dvd's!! :laugh: :wink: It's not a bad fetish to have I would say.

Laurie - have you enjoyed your recovery week!?!? Some nice Yoga workouts in, that's great!

Shoulders/Biceps for me today. Hoping to get in a good cardio workout tomorrow a.m. and then a stretch on Sunday!

Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Have a chance to get on the computer on a Saturday, so thought I would post.

This morning was kickboxing, and I did Powerstrikes. Then I hopped on the treadmill and did a short run. Feel good right now, but need to hop in the shower. Have to take my dd to her dance class.

Tami, Yes I have enjoyed my recovery week, and now I'm thinking that Sunday's will be my yoga day. So tomorrow I will probably be getting that done inbetween making some scrapbook pages for my Mom & Dad's 50th wedding anniv. Have to get that done before next weekend. I know procrastination. :wink:

BiloxiBelle, Glad we can help with that wish list. I know mine is ever growing. :laugh:

Have a great day!

Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Options
    :smokin: Morning,

Well I didn't get in any yoga yesterday, but that is ok. This morning was Disc 13 chest, shoulders and triceps. WOW is all I can say, and I'm looking forward to next week when I go to a higher % of the 1RM. Really can feel the body parts have been worked. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good morning Laurie :smile:

Yes, that workout is different isn't it?!?! Get's those muscles good. :wink:
    I had a good weekend. Did Kelly Coffey Ultra Cardio Blast - Plyo segment. Which I have to correct myself from a few posts back :embarassed: I told you she uses the step in both segements. Just the first one uses the step the whole time. Plyo is all on the floor but a goodie!

This a.m. was Disc 16 Shoulders & Triceps - different from Disc 13 but good. Again to exhaustion and then a burn out set at the end with lighter weights. Yes, muscles were fatigued. :tongue:

Tomorrow a.m. will be cardio. Not sure which one yet.

Hope you have a great day!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami, :smile:

This morning was Kenpo Cardio+, and that really didn't get the HR up in the zone so I added Kickmax Cadio Challenge. :bigsmile: Will get in Ab Circuit Weights & Plates after work. Yesterday I turned my normal dog walk into a run. Cami was all for it, but at some points I was dragging her because of squirrels, other dogs.... :laugh:

Thanks for the info on Ultra Cardio Blast, now I know for sure that I need to get that one. :wink:

I was well aware of my chest muscles this morning, until they warmed up. :happy:

Have you seen the pics from the Hiit in Shock Cardio. With the knee issue I have, I wonder if I will be able to do these workouts. I'm hoping that one or more of these do not use the step. :huh: Or I just don't use the step! :wink:
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds like you had a couple of good workouts! I didn’t work out this a.m. :grumble: :embarassed: so hoping to get it in this evening. Although with the Yankees being on and my husband glued to the TV I don’t know. We’ll see. If not, I will have to make up for it somehow!??! Extra cardio on Thurs. maybe.

I have seen some of the photos on Cathe’s site for the Hiit in Shock Cardio, but not a whole bunch. I was going to ask you about that program as well. :wink: It looks like it would be great cardio. I had the feeling that a few of them didn’t have the step but I didn’t know forsure?!? From the descriptions I read.

Tomorrow a.m. is Legs ….. and hopefully abs too!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning,

This morning was Disc 14 Legs, and what a great workout! Want to get in a run after work also. This really worked the legs, and I really liked the Plie squats/lunge portion. :laugh: Guess I'm a glutton for punishment. :wink:

I have the Shock Cardio on pre-order, but am wondering if I really want it. :noway: But now I wonder if I can still do the HiiT without using the step. I bet that I could still get a good workout by not using it. I think that one of the DVD's is suppose to be an all step cardio workout. I really want to see something on the Boxing/KB DVD.

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good morning!

Today was Legs for me as well – Disc 16. The plie’ squat is in this one too! Yes, love working the legs! :laugh: I did get Abs – No Equip in as well so I was glad! :smile:

Yes the STS Shock Cardio does look good ~ that’s excellent that you have ordered it. I bet modifying it w/out the step will be just fine. The Boxing/KB DVD sounds really good too. Kind of makes me think of Kick Max a little … maybe?!??!

Cardio Tomorrow. Either Kick Max or Step KickBoxing w/ Kelly Coffey!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami,

Cardio day for me also, and it was Jillian's BFBM. Love this workout, and I burned 593 cal. :happy:

Tomorrow I leave to go visit my parents. May or may not get to post before I leave. I still plan on getting up at my normal time to workout, and then my in-laws will be arriving. So tomorrow will be Disc 15, which I think is Back & Biceps. Can't wait to see how my biceps will feel tomorrow. While at my parents I'm planning on getting in a run.

Of the STS Shock Cardio I probably will not even do the step cardio workout. :blushing: Sometimes it kills me that my knee doesn't enjoy it. :frown:

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning Laurie ~

I love that workout too - Jillian's BFBM it is always a good one. I have a tendency to pull that one out whenever I am not sure which cardio I feel like doing. Calorie Burner forsure! :wink:

I did end up doing Kick Max this a.m. and my legs were feeling it :ohwell: . . . I felt a little bit more tired this a.m. than last week so I had to push through but I made it! I was glad.

Tomorrow a.m. will be Disc 18 - Back & Biceps. Depending on the length I hope to get in an Ab workout again too!

Have a great time at your parents! I'll chat with you soon. :smile:

Tami
  • JUICRC
    JUICRC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Cathe as she is the only woman I know that lifts as much as I do. I love to workout, I am heavy because I eat too much. My fav is boot camp. You get cardio and weights in one workout, its terrific. I have been doing boot camp for 2 years and my arms are seriously toned. I had a coworker start doing this with us at our work gym who lost 38 lbs in 12 weeks. She is great, give it a try
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami!

Well of course I ate to much this weekend, but am back to working out. :wink:

Disc 16 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and what a workout that one is. :wink: Will try to get in a run after work, and I still want to get in the ab work from Saturday. No run for me at my parents either, it was starting to snow when I was driving up there on Friday. My sister even went into the ditch. I'm so glad that we left early. My workout was delayed this morning on a count of mice in the work room! One mouse I could deal with, but two mice running around! :noway: Hubby came down and took care of them for me. My HERO :smooched: Those dang things had me standing on my bench, because they where running all over my area! First time we have had mice in our house, does that mean that the winter is going to be BAD! :noway:

You really do love that Kickmax don't you. :laugh:

JUICRC: Bootcamp really is a good one, with those terminators!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning Laurie ~

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps for me too this a.m.! :smile:
    Yesterday I did the full 1 hour of Kelly Coffey Ultra Cardio Burst. Ended up burning 700+ calories! Which was excellent!! :bigsmile:

OK, I would have been really freaked out too from the mice. There is something about 1 or more being in your house. It just gives you the willies! :noway: :noway: That was nice of your hubby to rescue you!
    Yes, hopefully that is not an indication of what is to come for winter - and snow at your parents, YIKES!

We are supposed to be getting snow in the mountains forsure this week. . . it's coming definitely but after the last 2 winters we have had in our area it is not an exciting moment for anyone other than the skiers!

Tomorrow will be Cardio. I'm thinking one of Cathe's Premixes will be good!

Hope you have a great day!

Tami