Calling all Cathe fans!

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Laurie ~

Weekend was good! Volleyball went a little better yesterday - we won 3 of our 6 games so that was nice. :wink: I'm with you on the cleaning house - I did that on Saturday and met a friend for lunch & shopping. It was fun. Cold and windy here this weekend so it was nice to be inside.

Today was Disc 19 again .... because I repeat them each on this rotation. Did you like Disc 22 workout? I will start that one next Monday.
    I have a few of Billy Banks workouts .. haven't used them in a while though. I have those others from Cathe, Kelly & Jillian that seem to always come before his. :wink:

That would be excellent if your DH started working out!! Did he ask you or have you been encouraging and he decided to try it? Keep me posted.

Tomorrow I think I will do Kelly's Ultra Cardio blast! :noway: :smile: :noway:

Hope you have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Morning Tami,

This morning I did BFBM again. :embarassed: I have to admit that I :love: this workout. Hope her new one is just as good.

:love: Disc 22, I have DOMS in my chest muscles this morning. I thought because we have not done push-ups for the first part of Meso 2 that I wouldn't be able to do them that well. Well forget that thought. I did them all on my toes, but could in no way keep up with Cathe. :laugh: None of those people could actually. :laugh: The shoulder work was tough, but I think that I could have gone heavier on the tricep work.

I have a soft spot for Billy, he was the one that got me started exercising. :blushing:

Glad you won some of those games. Do they go to 21 or 25 points? We just started the cold part again. :grumble: I really like the short stint of warmth though. :wink:

As far as DH, I usually turn the TV on to catch up on some news, and I wasn't in the mood so just had the infomercial on for 10 min. trainer. He started to ask me if that would be something that would be good to start with. I jumped on it right away. :happy: I said that 10 min. was probably the best way to get started. And I figured that we could do this together, I don't think adding an additional 10 min. would hurt me. :laugh:

So was the choice Ultra Cardio Blast or not. :happy:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    HI Laurie ~

LOL! I love that workout too and it is definitely a “go to” one for me as well!!
    I don’t know about her new one?!!?? When does it come out? :smile:

I am sad to report :embarassed: that I didn’t workout this a.m. – so bummed. :cry: I hit my snooze :yawn: and the next thing I knew it was too late. :grumble: So I hope, I hope that this evening I can get it in. I can always feel a difference in my day if I miss my workout in the a.m.

That’s excellent on the push-ups – good on ya! I saw that Disc 22 has push-ups again. Cathe is a machine on the push-ups!

We play 2 games to 21 (cap of 23) and the 3rd game is to 15 – just for time purposes.

That is awesome your hubby was interested in trying the 10-min trainer. I agree, what’s another 10 min workout – especially if he is wanting to do it together. :wink:

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami,

I have the day off today for Veteran's Day. Have to like it when the union negotiates every four years, we usually get another day off. :wink: Have Disc 23 Legs done, and that one really get the HR up there. I had my HR monitor on, and during the leg squats, my HR was up to 130. :noway: I still would like to get a run in later this morning. Otherwise I will be relaxing, doing some housework and making a grocery list. :tongue: I'm thining of heading to the Super Walmart, because then I can browse the exercise area. Never know when a girl could use an extra heavy weight. Oh ya I think I just might! :laugh:

Did you get your workout in yesterday. It was very tempting not to get up as usual this morning, but then I know that I would delay getting in the workout. After all it's a day off, and shopping isn't that far away. Much more fun than exercise. :noway: :laugh: :noway:

Well I'm off to fold some laundry! Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning Laurie ~

I am jealous that you have the day off .... enjoy!!!

Disc 20 - Legs for me this a.m. and I also got in the Stability Ball Abs workout! :smile:
    Felt good ..... my HR definitely gets up there on the leg workouts as well. It's funny, because I don't feel winded necessarily like a cardio workout but when I look at my HR monitor it's up there.

No I didn't get my workout in last night, I was bummed - :cry: :cry: BUT onward and upward, I'll have to make up for it tomorrow and Sat. cardio! :wink:

Have a fabulous day off and fun shopping! :flowerforyou:
    OH... and what is that new workout you mention of Jillians??!!!?

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami,

This morning was KCM's 30MTF Kickboxing Premix #1, and the Ab/Core workout on that DVD also. The ab workout is a killer! :noway:

Sorry to hear that you didn't get your workout in, I know how hard it is to get motivated after a full day of work. :grumble:

The new Jillian workout is from The Biggest Loser series, and is called Last Chance Workout. From what I have seen it is a 25 min cardio workout, and to me it sounded like BFBM. Also on there are two 10 min. weight workouts. So I'm going to guess that it will be like NMTZ. I have not heard if there are any premixes that combine the two. It is suppose to be coming out at the beginning of Dec. If you go to collagevideo.com they have the best description of the workout. It is in there coming soon section.

I didn't find anything that I needed while shopping, so only grocery's where purchased. :frown: :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Laurie ~

Sounds like you had an awesome workout!! That's great.

Well I got KCM's Ultra Cardio Blast in this a.m. - did both workouts! Felt good to get my cardio in since I missed it the other day. :blushing: :smile:

Thanks for the info. on that workout ~ I love Collage! I'll have to check it out. :wink:

So tomorrow will be Disc 21 Back & Biceps. I am going to shoot for another ab workout too.

Hope you have a great day! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami, :wink: TGIF!!! :drinker:

Today was the last disc in Meso 2 :drinker: Disc 24 Back & Biceps is finished, and WOW :noway: I was having problems with the bicep work after the curls. :noway: My back was a littls sore this morning, I think is was from the ab work yesterday. Lot's of twisting in that ab section. I added on the extended stretch, and that really helped. :smile:

Next week is recovery! I still find it funny that we choose the same instructors on our cardio days. :laugh: :laugh:

My workout for Saturday is KPC, and Sunday will probably be a short run, and stretching. After today I realized that I need to get more stretching done. :wink:

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning & TGIF to you too!!!! :drinker:

Back & Biceps for me as well .... I'm with ya on those biceps at the end of these workouts :huh:
    Going to get in the Ab work tonight after work.

I will be doing a couple more weeks before recovery week for me - do you know what you will be planning during recovery week? Sounds like you might incorporate some stretching in there.
    I know I need to do more of it and trying to fit in all the others bits & pieces I put it to the side, but it feels great when I do get it in. Hope your back loosens up for you.

LOL! :laugh: I agree, our "picks" for cardio are so similar, it's funny!
    BTW: I did watch the You Tube of Cathe and her showing some of the choreography on the NEW Step workout. It does look a little tricky. :noway:

Tomorrow I'm going to go for either Imax 2 or Drill Max for my workout and then Sun. hope to do a good stretch before volleyball games.
    Have a great Friday and weekend!! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami,

Recovery week for me, and this morning was Power Yoga with Kristin McGee. I might get in Box'n'Flow with Kimberly Spreen when I get home. KPC was finished on Saturday, and Sunday I got in a short run with the dog. I'm probably going to have to not take the dog on my runs, because she is just way to interested in those squirrels, horses and goats. Sometimes I was tugging on her leash. :frown: Otherwise I think she really enjoys the runs, or maybe it is just going outside. :laugh:

I agree on that step workout. All those turns are just way to confusing! :happy:

Will probably have a new driver in our house by Tuesday, so I'm sure that I will start being the passenger. :noway: Kind of scarry!

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning ~

Sounds like an active weekend ~ that's awesome. That's funny about your dog. When I take my dogs it is two of them wanting to race each other so the pulling action is intense but hilarious! . :noway: These days it is soooo cold and dark when I get home. Weekends are really the only time.

Again I must say I'm really glad I am not the only one on the choreography. It will be great to chat with you about those new ones & get through them together! :laugh:

I ended up doing Kick Max yesterday and and then went and played volleyball. :noway: I know, what was I thinking?! But I didn't get my cardio in on Sat. so I decided to do it first thing that a.m. It felt good though and all worked out! I wasn't overly tired or anything so that was good.
    Today was Disc 22 - Shoulder/Triceps - yowsa on the push-ups at the end of workout; my arms were spent. :tongue:

Good luck with your new driver ~ I remember those days and wanting to always be the driver!

Tomorrow will be cardio FORSURE! Since last Tues. I overslept. :blushing: Not sure what just yet but won't miss it!!

Have a great day!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning, :glasses:

Today was a 2.5 mile run on the TM, and the kickbox portion of Box'n'Flow. Overall a good workout, and I will get in some stretching after work. :wink:

Kickmax and Volleyball :noway: I think that we can surprise ourselves about how much our legs can handle exercise. Right now my legs are sore, but by the end of the day I know that they will be energized again. I found it interesting that the push-ups where doable, but I could only do the 10 last ones, unlike Cathe. I was very happy that I could actually get in those 10. :happy:

So how was your cardio this morning? :smile:

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning :smile:

It was good! I ended up doing the TimeSaver Cardio Blast from Cathe's Drill Max. :drinker:
    Tomorrow will be Disc 23 - Legs and hopefully an Ab workout too.

Sounds like a nice workout ~ are you enjoying recovery week?

I know, that was quite the combo. I actually felt better at volleyball though; more ready to move around and play vs. just jumping out on the court and starting. We don't have much of a warm up. So it was good. Only a little bit sore yesterday but not much.

Do you have special plans for Thanksgiving!?!??!

Hope you have a great day! I'll chat with you tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning!

First time that I have done this workout, One on One 5-6 Cardio Plus with Tony! 9 exercises split into 3 rounds. So you do 3 exercises for 30 seconds, then repeat two more times. This was a good workout, but I think it could have been a great to super workout if Tony had been in the mood. He started by saying that he really didn't want to do this, and you could tell that his energy level was really low. He was bending over catching his breath, and I was looking at him like WHY! We only did a punch ~ travel ~ upper cut for 30 seconds! :grumble: But since I really like Tony, I forgave him! :laugh: I would like to try out the Yoga One on One tonight after work, but I know as soon as I start I will have to get my oldest to her few remaining drivers ed classes. :frown:

My DD passed her test, so she will be getting her temps on Thursday. That is the soonest that we can get to the DMV.

You are just a glutton for punishment doing that cardio blast from Drill Max! :laugh: I am enjoying my recovery week, and I'm using it to try out some workouts that have been collecting dust. :wink: I might just try that Cardio Blast Premix tomorrow! :wink:

Our plans for Thanksgiving are just the four of us eating a turkey dinner. :smile: But we are going out to dinner with DH's family on Wednesday night, and then Friday we leave to visit with my family. My family goes to the water park capital of the world! We stay at a hotel in Wisconsin Dells that has three indoor water parks. I have 14 neices and nephews, so they are in the water from the time we get there until we leave! I just have to remember to get a book, because I don't spend all that time in the water! :noway:

So what are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning ... almost afternoon!

Sounds like it would be a good workout - minus the lack of Tony enthusiasm that we all love! :laugh:

I had Disc 23 today - Legs. Another good one:wink: I'm going to do Abs tonight when I get home. Hubby will be gone so I will have my workout area free.
    I am a glutton aren't I. That's a tough one. I have to get myself psyched but always proud when I finish.

That's great your daughter passed, I'm sure she is very excited to get that official license in hand.

Thanksgiving sounds really fun for you! Nice relaxing time with your hubby and daughters and then lots of laughs probably at the water park.
    My husband and I are going to my moms in Portland, OR. My sister will be meeting us there (via: Australia and then NY to Portland for a quick visit) so I am super excited to see her and her little ones!
    I'm thinking I will have to finish up next week by doing STS on Mon, Tues, Wed. We leave Thurs. a.m. and I won't be able to workout until I get back. :cry: Other than just a walk/run near my moms house.

Well tomorrow is cardio again .... not sure which one just yet. :huh: I'll try and make up my mind tonight so I have it planned when I get up in the a.m. :wink:

Hope you are having a great day!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning!

Today I only had time for a 2.5 mile run, because it is doggy daycare day! :laugh: Oh how she LOVES to go there to play! :wink: I have her talking to me all the way there. Gets annoying after a while. :happy:

Have a great time at your parents, and of course getting the opportunity to see your sister. I'm lucky, all my brothers and sisters live in either WI or MN. I have 3 of each sibling so that is actually quite nice to be able to see each other often. :wink: I only have Saturday that I won't get a workout in, but I figure that walking up and going down the waterslides will be a workout! :laugh:

Can't wait to hear what you decided to do for cardio today! :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning ~

Well I did the whole DVD of KCM Ultra Cardio Blast .... :noway: phew! I know, glutton! Decided since next week won't be the "ideal" workout week I better work hard this week. It was good and burned a bunch of calories, always happy when that happens.

Tomorrow will be Disc 24 Back & Triceps for me along with Abs. :wink:

That is so great you take your little sweets to doggy daycare. I know ours would love that but I haven't tried it yet.

Hope you have a great day :flowerforyou: and are enjoying your recovery week!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Tami, :drinker:

I love Fridays, but I sure wish it was 4:00pm right now! :laugh:

Last night I did a Kettlenetics Core Balance workout, that was very low impact but I was sweating! This morning I did get in One on One Fountain of Youth with Tony. I actually am thinking that I might want to do Core Synergistics when I get home from work! :noway: I must be on a Tony kick! :laugh: Tony didn't stop talking during this workout, but that is why I like this guy. He makes me laugh at least once in every workout! :bigsmile: Saturday is kickboxing, so 10 min. Solutions Knockout is going to be the selection, and Sunday is suppose to be nice weather wise so a 2.75 mile run is going to happen also.

I NEED to get that KCM workout! Mary at totalfitness.com is having a sale on Thanksgiving weekend, so I'm planning on loading up my shopping cart at her site and that one is in the cart! :wink:

How was your last day of Meso 2? I have been enjoying my recovery week, it makes me use those workouts that I tend to neglect when I'm on a rotation. When I consider doing Core Syn., then you know I'm enjoying myself. I just can't stand Dreya in that one! :devil:

Have a great day!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    TGIF! :drinker: I know what you mean on wanting it to be the end of the day!! :wink:

I'll have to check out that totalfitness.com sale :happy: - I have no doubt that you will love that workout.

Today was Back & Biceps - Disc 24 - but I still have one more week; which due to Thanksgiving and being gone I will do Disc 22, 23, 24 on Mon. Tues. Wed. so I can finish up next week before we leave.
    Workout was good ..... biceps at the end were feelin it forsure! :noway:

Sounds like you are getting a great mix of workouts in this week, that's awesome! It's funny how sometimes you do just enjoy a certain instructor ..... he made me laugh a lot during P90X. I don't have any of the One-On-One workouts though. LOL! I would love to check out the Core Syn. ~ is Dreya the blonde lady from P90X?

Going to get in an early a.m. workout tomorrow and probably do another one Sunday before I hit the V-ball court!

Have a great day and weekend if I don't chat with you until Monday!! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm sure ya'll know this already, but it looks like Shock Cardio may start shipping out Dec. 15! I can't wait to get reviews. I hope MMA is as fantastic as I want it to be!

I'm heading into the last week of INSANITY. YAY!!!! I wasn't too impressed until I tried on clothes that used to not fit...and now they do! So no weight lost, but still changes are happening. If ya'll end up doing Insanity, consider the deluxe package. My husband & I both really enjoy the sports training workout. I can't remember the cost so I can't say if its worth it, but it is a great workout.

Enjoy your weekend!