does anyone have a hard time making friends?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• markdenton31
    markdenton31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had a hard time with it too. I always wanted someone else to make the effort to get to know me. I made some great friends, but then they didn't want to be around me anymore. I thought it was me, but honestly...I realized afterwards I always did things for them and they never once did anything for me. I have 3 great friends. I don't see them every day and I don't talk to them every day, but I know they're there. Most importantly to me is that I have Jesus. Not trying to make a religious thing out of this thread, but to some people...like myself...it's the most important thing.

But yes, loneliness is there, but don't overlook the people that are in your life. Honestly, you don't miss something until its gone.
  • PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    Yes it has always been hard for me. :( Since I became a mom so many of my "friends" fell off the map as well, it was ridiculous!

It's sad to say but I believe it's easier to find a good man than it is to find a female friend 0_o and that says a lot!
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    alot of people are in the same situation and there are groups on the internet where you can hang out with people with similar interests. I think there is one site called 'meet up'.

i have seen this.....do you know of anyone who has used it. i feel so strange going out to spend time with strangers.

Yes! It's a great site. I met all my runner girl friends there, and there is always something to do. I would get nervous, too, but I'm the same way you are. Try it!

I'm a pretty private person, so people think I'm never upset or that I have it together. So, I don't have people to call sometimes when I'm wanting to talk. Or, people want to go party all the time and I'm over that (or they never want to do anything ... lol).

I have realized as I get older that I'm just very particular about who I let into my life. It can be lonely sometimes, but it's just who I am. I tell more to people on my newsfeed here than I do in my real life (except for my BFF).
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly shy with no self confidence. I have a hard time even requesting friends on here, thinkning :why would they wanna be friends with me?" i'm my own worst enemy and critic most of the time :(
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No, making friends comes very easily.
    Just get out and spend time with real people with common interests.
    Have fun, be yourself, and the right folks will be drawn to you, and the toxic people will be repelled.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    Apparently if you pick the right photo to be your main photo you get many friends LOL
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Apparently if you pick the right photo to be your main photo you get many friends LOL

I gotta find a better photo!
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options

You got plenty of friends!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options

You got plenty of friends!

But... But... You can never have too many friends
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I didn't have time to say what I really wanted to say the other day but I'm really outgoing and love to have fun and in high school I had a ton of friends...when I got married they all seemed to disappear.
    I have a few in college that I talk to often but have barely hung out outside of school and stuff.
    I also have two good friends that I hangout with from college and we often find ourselves in not being able to because of our schedules.
    I also find it hard to do anything outside of school since i'm maxed out on credit hours...even this summer I'm taking 5 classes and haven't had time to just hang with anyone.
    Every time i try to set something up with older friends from high school they're super excited then everyone bails out at the last minute.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem making friends. If you are a positive, happy person people will be drawn to you.

i think this blames everyone on this forum, that has responded that they do have trouble, for their lazy 'acquaintance' type friendships.

i'm not gonna lie, i cringed at a lot of people that said friendship comes easily to them...but then went on to say they don't have deep friendships. that is what everyone is saying, you aren't any more special than the rest of us. everyone on here has clearly put themselves out there for others at one point or another.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    ive moved across country so its been hard! i dont know anyone aside from my hubby lol....yayyy.... i want to meet ppl just dont kno where!
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    OMG GODSPELL. LET'S BE FRIENDS!
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem making friends. If you are a positive, happy person people will be drawn to you.

i think this blames everyone on this forum, that has responded that they do have trouble, for their lazy 'acquaintance' type friendships.

i'm not gonna lie, i cringed at a lot of people that said friendship comes easily to them...but then went on to say they don't have deep friendships. that is what everyone is saying, you aren't any more special than the rest of us. everyone on here has clearly put themselves out there for others at one point or another.
    Well, I'm quite positive. I'm always smiling and laughing (I've actually gotten made fun of for "laughing too much" once). People just don't stick with me. Right now, I can honestly say I only have 5 very close friends. I love them dearly, but sometimes I wish I could meet and befriend new people. It never works out for me though. They usually form their own "clique" and I'm shut out of it.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I have no friends :(

My depression has a huge part to play in this.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hard time making them, but I do have a hard time keeping them.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    yes! there are very few people I clique with. My ex was my bff, I still consider him a friend, sometimes I fear I will never find that again in another person
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    me too, but then, I always have. I always was interested in things that other kids weren't--theatre, classic movies, old music, etc. I give myself credit for never trying to "act normal" for the sake of being popular! But at the same time, because I had nothing in common with other kids, I never learned how to really make friends! There's three other girls in my old neighborhood that I grew up very close with--they're more like siblings (I'm an only child as well) really. Our parents were friends and we grew up together, and they're there when i REALLY need a friend--but, we have little in common and they aren't the type of friends that I go to the movies or travel with. They're there for the big things though, if that makes any sense (kind of like family).

I dropped out of high school to pursue a career in theatre and never went to college, so I didn't have the opportunity to form close friendships in college or anything. And now, the closer I get to 30, the more people seem to not NEED or WANT to make friends--they're set with their group already.

As a result I'm fairly independent, have travelled to other countries alone many times...but, sometimes it would be nice to have a friend I can call up on a lazy Saturday and meet up for brunch with.

Plus, I moved away from NYC for a few years--now that I'm back, a lot of the people I used to hang out with have either moved or I just have zero in common with (since I no longer work in theatre). it sucks :-(
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    so i am trying to put myself out there, i have joined a couple meet up groups but have yet to go out to any of them yet

but, i am still trying to go out with my 'old' friends

there is a concert tomorrow night that i just heard of, local show, cheap tix kinda thing

invited a friend, she is 24...she texted back that her curfew is 930!