Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Who said INSANITY was just for skinny people???? IM IN!!!!!

Start Date: 7/9/12
    Projected End: 9/9/2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: no, but tracking calories
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 305 <<< so embarrassing
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 250ish

I will also be doing Zumba every night!!!!

When i first got Insanity, I was told by others I was "too big" and it was for people who was already fit... So this I believed because I have started it twice already and quit because it was dreadfully tiring. But now, I am ready to start again and determined to prove those who doubted me wrong.... I GOT THIS!!!!
    Hey at 220ish I am right there with you! We can do this!
  • KJs_Mommy
    KJs_Mommy Posts: 24
    Options
    Start Date: 07/07/12
    Projected End: 09/07/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: NO (not to found of their choices lol)
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 180
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 155

ADD ME GUYS!!! WE CAM DO THIS HANDS DOWN! I GOT YOUR BACK AND I KNOW YOU GOT MINES! LETS GET IT!
  • insanity525
    Options

When i first got Insanity, I was told by others I was "too big" and it was for people who was already fit...

No one is too big for insanity and noone can tell you you are too big (except for a doctor)!!! I was at almost 190 when I started and extremely out of shape. Prior to starting I ran the Miami ING half marathon so that was a big motivating factor for me.

Good luck with the program and have fun with it!!! Even though I do curse out Shaun T and Tanya every chance I get!!! hahah they make it look so easy! But after almost 4 months of the program I can finally say I can keep up with them 90% of the time and can do half pushups (NOT on my knees) and do the full set of power jumps the first two times of the sections. The third time around they all look like they have springs in their legs!! WTF????
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If I can get my hands on the DVD, I'm in...

Start Date: 07/16/2012
    Projected End: 09/16/2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: continue tracking calories
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 160
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 150-155
  • k33rstyn
    k33rstyn Posts: 5
    Options
    I started yesterday! I've struggled with eating disorders and awful body image for the last few years and now I'm serious about being healthy physically and mentally. It's a big step allowing myself to eat more, especially because my metabolism is wrecked from everything I've put it through and eating anything pretty much makes me gain weight. I'm excited to challenge myself in a POSITIVE way and help my body heal. My goal is to lose 15 pounds and feel better, to eat normally and make this a lifestyle, not a diet.

Start Date: 7-8-12
    Projected End: 9-5-12 (My birthday!! :)
    Following Nutrition Guide: Sort of. I already eat a very clean, high protein, low carb diet, so I'm just trying to eat more. And not have periodic binges.
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 150
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): Between 125-135.

Cheers to you all! I'm off to get my booty kicked by Shaun T. ;)
  • Sarahdix1322
    Options
    I wanna do this, but I haven't got it yet. My boyfriend is supposed to buy it for me as a birthday present for the 22nd of this month. So hopefully I will start after that.
  • fozzybr26
    fozzybr26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Start Date: 7-16-12
    Projected End: 9-16-12
    Following Nutrition Guide: no, just calorie counting
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 138
    Goal Weigh: 128

I hope I can do this....
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yea that what I thought.. At first I wanted 2 lose an additional 50lbs b4 starting but my friend got it and was going 2 start working out with me.. I thought about and asked her you want 2 try it?? If its 2 difficult we'll stick w/ Turbofire.. So we said what the heck what hav we got 2 lose?? I was soooo nervous.. We went ahead nd did it and SUCCEEDED!!! We did the fit test (of course we had 2 modify a few things.. But not a whole lot). It was hard i'm not going 2 lie.. But it was doable and when we were done I wanted 2 do again!! Were going on week 2 now and LOVING IT!!! So 4 those who think that theyre 2 big 2 be doing this workout YOUR NOT!!! Get up get moving and TRY HARDER!!!
    Who said INSANITY was just for skinny people???? IM IN!!!!!

Start Date: 7/9/12
    Projected End: 9/9/2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: no, but tracking calories
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 305 <<< so embarrassing
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 250ish

I will also be doing Zumba every night!!!!

When i first got Insanity, I was told by others I was "too big" and it was for people who was already fit... So this I believed because I have started it twice already and quit because it was dreadfully tiring. But now, I am ready to start again and determined to prove those who doubted me wrong.... I GOT THIS!!!!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Start Date: 6/17/12
    Projected End: 8/19/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: no, just eating healthy - 1800-1900 calories/day.
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 159
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 150

I'm three weeks in, down 1.5 lbs and down a half inch in my waist.
  • mcanfield724
    mcanfield724 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Date: July 2012
    Projected End: September 2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: No, just tracking food and meeting calorie goals.
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 143
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 135
  • mariadch12
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Date: june 27th
    Projected End: august 28th
    Following Nutrition Guide: no ..stop eating when im full
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 175
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion) 165
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Date: June 24th
    Projected End: August 10th, I think
    Following Nutrition Guide: Not precisely. Triying to loose the last of my weight so I am consuming 1800 caleries and eating 40/40/20
    Starting Weight: 161.8
    Goal Weight: 155

Husband and I finished P90X mid-June and decided we were just crazy enough for INSANITY. We are in week 3 and Shaun T is kicking my butt!! I think my main goal here is just to be able to hang through just one whole workout.

How much weight did you lose after doing p90x?
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Start Date: July 8th
    Projected End: September 8th
    Following Nutrition Guide: nope
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 202
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion) 194
  • mrzragz
    mrzragz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 today and I am able to keep up the whole video with just a few minor breaks here and there. I am literally soaking when I am done. My husband does it with me and he pushes me to "Dig Deeper" lol. Its rough I will tell you that but the more I do it the stronger I am feeling.

I am nervous about the Max workouts in the second month. However I have been seeing changes so here's hoping its doing something good. Tomorrow is Pure Cardio with Cardio abs...... pray for me this is a tough video.
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 today and I am able to keep up the whole video with just a few minor breaks here and there. I am literally soaking when I am done. My husband does it with me and he pushes me to "Dig Deeper" lol. Its rough I will tell you that but the more I do it the stronger I am feeling.

I am nervous about the Max workouts in the second month. However I have been seeing changes so here's hoping its doing something good. Tomorrow is Pure Cardio with Cardio abs...... pray for me this is a tough video.

Good for you. I sweat like crazy too! Drenched! I feel so much more stronger as well. Big difference in muscle tone and core. I keep up with them as well so its some hardcore cardio. I'm in week 3 of max workouts and girl I thought month 1 was hard; Just picture the pure cardio and Plyo of month 1 lasting 1 hour instead of 45 minutes. Thats all it is. You do a few more circuits so you burn so much more. You will do some of the same moves and he will introduce some new ones. I love this workout and I do it faithfully every AM and I feel great! Good luck.
  • sugarfoot928
    Options
    Start date: July 9th
    End date: Septemeber 9th

Third attempt. New motivation this time.

Anyone using the nutrition guide?

If not what are you logging your calories as?
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options

When i first got Insanity, I was told by others I was "too big" and it was for people who was already fit...

No one is too big for insanity and noone can tell you you are too big (except for a doctor)!!! I was at almost 190 when I started and extremely out of shape. Prior to starting I ran the Miami ING half marathon so that was a big motivating factor for me.

Good luck with the program and have fun with it!!! Even though I do curse out Shaun T and Tanya every chance I get!!! hahah they make it look so easy! But after almost 4 months of the program I can finally say I can keep up with them 90% of the time and can do half pushups (NOT on my knees) and do the full set of power jumps the first two times of the sections. The third time around they all look like they have springs in their legs!! WTF????

Those F bombs come out let me tell you! They motiviate me soo much though! Especially with power jumps, ouch! I'm almost done with round 1 and going to start round 2 immediately after.
  • rolo1978
    rolo1978 Posts: 12
    Options
    I completed cardio recovery today, it was a pleasant surprise as i wasn't sure if I was up to all the jumping around today. My legs were burning and I was still sweaty though.
  • mardris
    mardris Posts: 5
    Options
    I started off strong then fell off the wagon "food wise" I missed two days non consecutive and took those as my off days but I feel like I have become lazy. I am restarting month 2 as of Monday. I have seen crazy results as far as toning I can fit into my size 10 clothes and I was in a 14. I have not seen the scale move too much though.

Start Date: May 21st
    Projected End: End of July I redid the second month week one
    Following Nutrition Guide: No
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 179
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 160
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!