Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• shezza3
    shezza3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I started insanity today. It was hard and I thought I was reasonably fit!!! I actually skipped the fit test...I know I shouldn't have but I thought it was just teaching the moves etc. Now I am out of sync with the days, do you think I should do that tmrw which will mean the first two days will be reversed? This way I will be back on the correct days on the plan? Thanks :)

Start Date: 09th July
    Projected End: Sept
    Following Nutrition Guide: Partially, it is similar to what I follow at the minute
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 138
    Goal Weight: 128
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hi I started insanity today. It was hard and I thought I was reasonably fit!!! I actually skipped the fit test...I know I shouldn't have but I thought it was just teaching the moves etc. Now I am out of sync with the days, do you think I should do that tmrw which will mean the first two days will be reversed? This way I will be back on the correct days on the plan? Thanks :)

Following Nutrition Guide: Partially, it is similar to what I follow at the minute

its okay to skip the fit test. I will do the same because I have already did the fit test and I dont wanna do it again lol. Just keep following the order of the calender. Good luck on day 3
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in -

Start Date: July 9th
    Projected End: September
    Following Nutrition Guide: Not really except for the nutrition ratios 40:40:20
    Starting Weight: 135
    Goal Weight: 125 (just for the end of insanity. 10 lbs in 60 days sounds plausible since It works out to 1lb every 6 days)
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Please add me! I'm near the end of Insanity now but would still love to track progress (especially since we will likely start it again):
    Start Date: 4/14/12
    Projected End: Next week (July 20 or so)...I'm taking the long road :)
    Following Nutrition Guide: No but carefully tracking everything with MFP
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 160
    Goal Weight: 132
    Current Weight (week and a half left): 143
  • ShanM0593
    ShanM0593 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm in!! :)

Start Date: Today w/ the fit test. 07/09/12
    Projected End: 09/08/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: Somewhat
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 255
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): -15 lbs
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts...But I will doing Insanity Asylum

Start Date: 7/17/12
    Projected End: 8/17/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: Lean Meats, Veggies, high protein shake and items...
    Starting weight(with Insanity): unknown
    Goal Weight: currently at goal :150 with muscle
    Current Weight (week and a half left): 145.3
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Started today! Yay! SO excited to do this finally. I mentioned before that I just finished P90X a couple weeks ago. I only lost 3 lbs. so I think my calories were too high. I was eating about 1800-1900 every day (which is what they recommended). Anyways, I think I'm going to shoot for 1500 with Insanity. Does that sound right to everyone? I really would love to lose 10-15 lbs. I know I won't lose it all w/ one round of Insanity, but would love to at least lose more than 3 lbs!
    [/quote

RJ74, seems we are in the same boat!! I lost 4lbs in my recent round of P90X. Not a whole lot of inches to speak of either. Altho I AM fitter and tighter..but I'd like to lose another 10/15 as well!
    I started on July 1st. No change. Im impatient.
    I too was at the 1800-1900 cals with P90X and felt it was too high. Im at 1878 w/Insanity..but usually try to get around 1600. My hr monitor says I burn 225-275 a dvd.....do you have a hr monitor and what do you burn? I see 500+ is to be expected...but my hr is UP the whole time....IDK what is up!

Michele

Michele,

I know the question wasn't directed to me but I can relate to you. I did P90X and didn't loose much but did tone up. With Insanity, I burn between 650-1000 calories (1000 on the max cardio circuit only), 200 calories on recovery days. My heart rate ranges from 140-170. Now, some people can have their heart rate up and not burn enough calories because it depends on how much effort you put into it as well. I do the workouts at their level now and better so I am working at 100% and this is why I burn so much. Do you take more breaks than they do? Are you working at their level? If you are, then I'm not sure what else it can be, but maybe your HRM. I got mine at Walmart for $30, nothing fancy and at first I thought it wouldn't be accurate. It turns out to be pretty good and its accurate when I repeat the same workouts. But you should definitely be burning more.

Loveachallenge: I got my hr monitor at walmart too. Once I hit 160 hr Im in the 90% zone....Im usually in the 160's for about 30 min of the workout. I rest rarely, but when I hit below 160 I rest to get to 155 then I get back into it. I rest more on the pushup stuff and tend to keep pretty good w/the cardio stuff. I rarely take a break but sometimes I do go slower than they are...but Im still doing it and my hr is still up. just my legs feel like cement pillars :) My monitor is pretty consistent. I keep track of what I burn for which dvd....and its pretty consistent......
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Started today! Yay! SO excited to do this finally. I mentioned before that I just finished P90X a couple weeks ago. I only lost 3 lbs. so I think my calories were too high. I was eating about 1800-1900 every day (which is what they recommended). Anyways, I think I'm going to shoot for 1500 with Insanity. Does that sound right to everyone? I really would love to lose 10-15 lbs. I know I won't lose it all w/ one round of Insanity, but would love to at least lose more than 3 lbs!
    [/quote

RJ74, seems we are in the same boat!! I lost 4lbs in my recent round of P90X. Not a whole lot of inches to speak of either. Altho I AM fitter and tighter..but I'd like to lose another 10/15 as well!
    I started on July 1st. No change. Im impatient.
    I too was at the 1800-1900 cals with P90X and felt it was too high. Im at 1878 w/Insanity..but usually try to get around 1600. My hr monitor says I burn 225-275 a dvd.....do you have a hr monitor and what do you burn? I see 500+ is to be expected...but my hr is UP the whole time....IDK what is up!

Michele

Michele,

I know the question wasn't directed to me but I can relate to you. I did P90X and didn't loose much but did tone up. With Insanity, I burn between 650-1000 calories (1000 on the max cardio circuit only), 200 calories on recovery days. My heart rate ranges from 140-170. Now, some people can have their heart rate up and not burn enough calories because it depends on how much effort you put into it as well. I do the workouts at their level now and better so I am working at 100% and this is why I burn so much. Do you take more breaks than they do? Are you working at their level? If you are, then I'm not sure what else it can be, but maybe your HRM. I got mine at Walmart for $30, nothing fancy and at first I thought it wouldn't be accurate. It turns out to be pretty good and its accurate when I repeat the same workouts. But you should definitely be burning more.

Loveachallenge: I got my hr monitor at walmart too. Once I hit 160 hr Im in the 90% zone....Im usually in the 160's for about 30 min of the workout. I rest rarely, but when I hit below 160 I rest to get to 155 then I get back into it. I rest more on the pushup stuff and tend to keep pretty good w/the cardio stuff. I rarely take a break but sometimes I do go slower than they are...but Im still doing it and my hr is still up. just my legs feel like cement pillars :) My monitor is pretty consistent. I keep track of what I burn for which dvd....and its pretty consistent......

Sounds like your good Michele. Staying at 160 for the majority of the workout is what you want to loose the calories. The huffing and puffing! And your HRM is consistent so that is really good. You'll get better on the pushups. The pushups get your HR up as well. Month 2 is alot harder then the 1st so I'm sure you will burn more calories then. Good luck.
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Your good. I think if you reverse the two days you'll be fine. Its all cardio really. Not like P90X that you have specific muscle groups that you target per day and can mess up the schedule. I thought the fit test was just that, to determine if I was fit, lol. I didn't do it until 2 weeks later. Your suppose to do it every two weeks. You'll definitely see the improvement everytime you do the fit test.
  • gottolosethisweight
    gottolosethisweight Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in but I will not be starting until July 23rd. That is when I am done 30DS
  • ejwetherby1
    ejwetherby1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm In!

Start date: July 9th
    Projected End: Sept.
    Following Nutrition Guide: No.. I try to keep a 1200 cal diet.
    Starting Weight: 147
    Goal Weight: 110 ( though if I manage to tone my body, I don't really care how much I weigh).
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!

Start Date: July 9th Projected End: September 25th 2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: No
    Starting weight: 145
    Goal Weight: 135
  • GetFitWilliams
    GetFitWilliams Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Who said INSANITY was just for skinny people???? IM IN!!!!!

Start Date: 7/9/12
    Projected End: 9/9/2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: no, but tracking calories
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 305 <<< so embarrassing
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 250ish

I will also be doing Zumba every night!!!!

When i first got Insanity, I was told by others I was "too big" and it was for people who was already fit... So this I believed because I have started it twice already and quit because it was dreadfully tiring. But now, I am ready to start again and determined to prove those who doubted me wrong.... I GOT THIS!!!!
  • angiek681
    angiek681 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Date: Hopefully tonight (if it arrives via snail mail!) 7/9/12
    Projected End: 9/9/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: Maybe
    Starting Weight: 151
    Goal Weight: 142

I'm nervous! LOL
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    IM IN...round deuce!

Start Date: 7/9/2012
    Projected End: 9/9/2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: NEVER
    Starting Weight: 120
    Goal Weight: FIT

I didn't push myself as much as I wanted last time so I'm going hard to the core this round! I LOVE ME SOME SHAUN T ( :
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I started... Today =) 7/9/2012
    My ending date will be 9/8/2012
    Not following nutrition guide.
    Starting at 181.2 lbs.
    Goal is at least 165 =)
  • ksteele66
    ksteele66 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Date: June 24th
    Projected End: August 10th, I think
    Following Nutrition Guide: Not precisely. Triying to loose the last of my weight so I am consuming 1800 caleries and eating 40/40/20
    Starting Weight: 161.8
    Goal Weight: 155

Husband and I finished P90X mid-June and decided we were just crazy enough for INSANITY. We are in week 3 and Shaun T is kicking my butt!! I think my main goal here is just to be able to hang through just one whole workout.
  • bacp
    bacp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!
    Start Date: 7/9/12
    Program Projected End Date: 8/4/12
    Starting Weight: 142.6
    Goal Weight: 138
    Program: Brazil Butt Lift
    Following nutrition guide: I'll eat clean meals

26 days to beach and counting!
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Start Date: 07/08
    Projected End: Early September
    Nutrition Guide: Not really. Shooting for 1750 calories per day
    Starting weight: 145
    Goal weight: 135
  • Maiducali
    Maiducali Posts: 35
    Options
    Start Date: 7/16 (Hopefully sooner)
    Projected End: 9/16/
    Following Nutrition Guide: I will follow it to the best I can, but I think I'm already near that it says.
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 162.5
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion: 150

I really hope I can do this, because my body can't handle too much, because of my previously broke L4 and my multiple torn ligaments in my ankles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!