Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• maylene1853
    Options
    im in
    i modify most things pushup related, my upper body has no strength at all!
    i also lose weight a lil faster than most when i buckle down to it, cuz i had a rny 2 years ago. i lost over 100 pounds and got lucky, not too much lose skin, i am soft and lil flabby tho so im hoping this will help me get a lil firmer.

Start Date: saturday july 7
    Projected End: 60 days after that date, lol.
    Following Nutrition Guide: yes
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 153
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion):135
  • maylene1853
    Options
    Starting week two this afternoon! I feel really good afterwards. I get a little frustrated with myself during the workouts though for having to take so many breaks. But I am dripping with sweat and sore so I know it's working! Started my high protein low carb diet today so I should start to see the scale drop. I kind of took a break with food and I was eating whatever I wanted last week and the scale stayed the same all week. Yesterday was break day and I was up a lb this morning so I know Insanity was helping me maintain weight.... Now I should drop a ton with my healthier eating :) Best of luck to everyone!! Oh and I bought new cross training shoes and they are so much better to wear then my running shoes were - what a difference!

i also felt frustrated, i take many water breaks! and cant do a single pushup, im on my knees! but i figure all that sweating and soreness means its working so ima keep going!
  • goalreachingal
    goalreachingal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in for sure! I was doing great with the insanity program and then I pinched my sciatica.... It has taken me almost two months to recover. After doing it religiously, I went from 30 pounds away from my goal weight to 7 pounds away from my goal weight in 30 days.... after hurting my back I made it back to 17 pounds from goal lol! But what can ya do?! Get back in there and dig deeper!!!
  • maylene1853
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Just finished my first week, today was the rest day, and getting back to business tomorrow.
    The past two days I have literally felt like I am STARVING, even though I'm eating about the same as I was prior to Insanity (which would be the same I was eating while doing Ripped in 30), so I went out today and bought some 100% whey protein powder and I'm hoping that will help!
    Hope you're all having a great weekend!

yesterday i did day two and also felt starving, so i added an extra big protein rich salad in that day that i had not initially planned on eating. and i made sure my first meal today was a smoothie not just with protein powder but with peanut butter and oatmeal too!
    nice and filling....
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in it ... Started last Monday ... took me 3 days to finish the Plyometric cardio .. haha .. but I did it ... Now, I do have a question ... Do you ladies workout when you have your "monthly visitors " ? It's my first day today, and my next workout would be Cardio Abs ... :(
    Thanks .. :)

Yes I do. For some reason when I workout, it helps the cramps and bloating. I will do cardio, no abs or anything for the first day or two. By day 3, its back to insane workouts.
  • loveachallenge
    Options
    Starting week two this afternoon! I feel really good afterwards. I get a little frustrated with myself during the workouts though for having to take so many breaks. But I am dripping with sweat and sore so I know it's working! Started my high protein low carb diet today so I should start to see the scale drop. I kind of took a break with food and I was eating whatever I wanted last week and the scale stayed the same all week. Yesterday was break day and I was up a lb this morning so I know Insanity was helping me maintain weight.... Now I should drop a ton with my healthier eating :) Best of luck to everyone!! Oh and I bought new cross training shoes and they are so much better to wear then my running shoes were - what a difference!

i also felt frustrated, i take many water breaks! and cant do a single pushup, im on my knees! but i figure all that sweating and soreness means its working so ima keep going!

Pushups and pullups are usually harder for women because we lack upper body strength. I started on my knees way before insanity and then I progressed to 1 pushup and so forth. On a really good day I can do close to 50 in one minute. But I've had boot camp training and when you have someone screaming in your ear to keep going, you do! And you get better. Start with 1, then push for 2 and then next thing you know you will have some amazing shoulders and will be able to do a set.
  • misskerimac
    misskerimac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For those that don't have a heart rate monitor, I found a formula to calculate your calories burned based on your avg heart rate during the Insanity workout...
    (.074 x age in years -.05741 x weight in lbs + .4472 x avg heart rate during workout - 20.4022) x length of workout / 4.184 = calories burned

ex (.074 x 32 - .05741 x 165 + .4472 x 150 - 20.4022) x 35/4.184=
    2.368 - 9.47265 + 67.08 - 20.4022 = 39.57315 x 35=1385.06025 / 4.184 = 331.03734 calories burned for my 35 minutes of insanity LOL

Hope this helps for some :-)
  • loveachallenge
    Options
    Hi ladies! I started 11 days ago, but I would love the support!

Start Date: 6/26
    End Date: 8/26
    Following nutrition guide: Nope
    Starting weight (with Insanity): 165
    Goal weight (hoping to reach after completion): Hmm... 150?

Quick question! How many calories are ya'll eating while on the program? My bday's coming up in a week and I'm going to get a heart rate monitor, and then I will probably stick with MFP, but for now I'm just trying to eat 1400 a day (just 1400, not net,) and I'm getting the feeling it might be too low.

The calorie intake is my struggle too. Its really hard to tell. I consume between 1200-1700 calories per day. But I burn the majority of it with my workouts. I do Insanity every am and I do another workout in the pm (running or strength training). So I end up with extra calories every day. I do eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks that contain lean protein, fruit and veggies. I keep my carb intake low and monitor my sugar and sodium. I keep track with myfitnesspal.com. It really helps you keep track of everything.
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

Start Date: Hopefully today, 7/9
    Finish Date: 60-90 days out
    Starting Weight: 165 (weighed this morning)
    Goal Weight: 125 (this is a long shot and I don't plan to lose it all by doing Insanity)
    Diet plan: Working towards eating clean and by using my BMF, will be creating a 500-700 calorie deficit daily
  • mwoods4146
    mwoods4146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Start Date: 7-9-12
    Projected End: 9-6-12
    Following Nutrition Guide: yes
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 180
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 160
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    Day 13. Skipping the fit tests - I know I'm getting stronger don't really care about the stats and am hoping to finish day 30 before a 9 day vacation at the end od this month.

I haven't lost any weight but my body is definitely tightening up. I'm feeling weird sensations in my muscles (like fire) while I'm resting so I know my body is being pushed. I'm eating about 1500-1800 calories per day trying to get my sodium intake down so I can see scale movements too. :)
  • RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Started today! Yay! SO excited to do this finally. I mentioned before that I just finished P90X a couple weeks ago. I only lost 3 lbs. so I think my calories were too high. I was eating about 1800-1900 every day (which is what they recommended). Anyways, I think I'm going to shoot for 1500 with Insanity. Does that sound right to everyone? I really would love to lose 10-15 lbs. I know I won't lose it all w/ one round of Insanity, but would love to at least lose more than 3 lbs!
  • candik
    candik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    count me in!!!

start date: 7/9/12

end date: 8/9/12 ( taking my time, starting one month at a time)

nutritional guide: No, only keeping track on here and eating better foods

weight: 167

goal weight: 155
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'll start
    Start Date: July 16th 2012
    Projected End: September 25th 2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: Yes
    Starting weight: 165 (not sure exactly yet as I wont be weighing until that monday of)
    Goal Weight: 140-120lbs

OOHH!!! IM IN!!
    start date: July 1, 2012
    Projected end: 9 weeks later...lol
    Following Nutrition Guide: YES
    Start weight: 155
    Goal Weight: 140 (but body fat down to 20 % is myREAL goal)

Im anxious to hear others' results and experiences...I didnt get what I wanted from P90X and after week 1 of Insanity I must say I expected SOMETHING but nope. Im not quitting...Im giving it my all (usually my workout is about 30 min in the max hr range 92-99% and 15 min of it is 85-90%...so Im pushing it....)

Michele
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Started today! Yay! SO excited to do this finally. I mentioned before that I just finished P90X a couple weeks ago. I only lost 3 lbs. so I think my calories were too high. I was eating about 1800-1900 every day (which is what they recommended). Anyways, I think I'm going to shoot for 1500 with Insanity. Does that sound right to everyone? I really would love to lose 10-15 lbs. I know I won't lose it all w/ one round of Insanity, but would love to at least lose more than 3 lbs!
    [/quote

RJ74, seems we are in the same boat!! I lost 4lbs in my recent round of P90X. Not a whole lot of inches to speak of either. Altho I AM fitter and tighter..but I'd like to lose another 10/15 as well!
    I started on July 1st. No change. Im impatient.
    I too was at the 1800-1900 cals with P90X and felt it was too high. Im at 1878 w/Insanity..but usually try to get around 1600. My hr monitor says I burn 225-275 a dvd.....do you have a hr monitor and what do you burn? I see 500+ is to be expected...but my hr is UP the whole time....IDK what is up!

Michele
  • melaniejp1
    Options
    I'm glad I found you. I started INSANITY on 3 July and I am loving it, has anyone managed to get all the way through without stopping!!!
    SW 189 hoping to drop as much as possible would like to be around 147. I keep seeing lots of posts about people not losing weight when they are doing INSANITY... I am getting weighed tomorrow, fingers crossed
  • Jhensley2011
    Jhensley2011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I'm starting today! So excited to start something new.

Start Date: 07/09/12
    Projected End: 9/10/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: Partially , I have my some of my own recipes that are like the nutirtion guide
    Starting weight: 143
    Goal Weight: 115-120

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been loving to see my improvement and of course the changes in my body.
    Start Date: 3/5/12
    Projected End: Finished, but still going
    Following Nutrition Guide: didn't at first, but now I am focusing on keeping my diet at 40% protien, 40% carb, 20% fat
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 173
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 150
    Current Weight: 160
  • loveachallenge
    Options
    [/quote

RJ74, seems we are in the same boat!! I lost 4lbs in my recent round of P90X. Not a whole lot of inches to speak of either. Altho I AM fitter and tighter..but I'd like to lose another 10/15 as well!
    I started on July 1st. No change. Im impatient.
    I too was at the 1800-1900 cals with P90X and felt it was too high. Im at 1878 w/Insanity..but usually try to get around 1600. My hr monitor says I burn 225-275 a dvd.....do you have a hr monitor and what do you burn? I see 500+ is to be expected...but my hr is UP the whole time....IDK what is up!

Michele

Michele,

I know the question wasn't directed to me but I can relate to you. I did P90X and didn't loose much but did tone up. With Insanity, I burn between 650-1000 calories (1000 on the max cardio circuit only), 200 calories on recovery days. My heart rate ranges from 140-170. Now, some people can have their heart rate up and not burn enough calories because it depends on how much effort you put into it as well. I do the workouts at their level now and better so I am working at 100% and this is why I burn so much. Do you take more breaks than they do? Are you working at their level? If you are, then I'm not sure what else it can be, but maybe your HRM. I got mine at Walmart for $30, nothing fancy and at first I thought it wouldn't be accurate. It turns out to be pretty good and its accurate when I repeat the same workouts. But you should definitely be burning more.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Glad to here its going great with most of you. I always got frustrated when I couldnt complete a workout hince me quitting on day 4/5. Just remember you are lapping everyone thats sitting on their couch!:)

NO QUITTING!! Impossible says the I'm Possible. Keep Going Dont give up.

Welcome aboard new friends:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!