Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 16 :-D QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH!!!!! WHOOP!!! I've done my measurements I'm down 0.5inches everywhere I'm not stepping on the scales til Saturday earliest as I dont want to get demotivated going to try and focus of inch and fat loss only. Keep digging everyone!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    week 3 day 1 Fit Test I got my heart rate monitor over the weekend so I am able to count my calories, todays fit test burned 190 calories. my switch kicks +4, power jacks - 1, power knees + 3, power jumps decreased - 7 (???) globe jumps - 1, suicide jumps +2, push up jacks + 6, low plank oblique +16. I am hoping the minus numbers are because I am using more muscle with better technique on each individual rep or maybe just having an off day. Either way I feel good and I think i will go straight into an 6k ride so I get to eat more calories today to have more power for tomorrows workout. Anyone else have any concerns with decreased numbers on fit test?
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Starting Month 2 today!! Scared but oooohh SO EXCITED!!!
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    started week 2 today! :)

anyone else not trying to lose weight, but trying to gain strength?? if so, friend me please!! :)
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    Just finished my fourth fit test. I improved on everything, some more than double! I'm proud of myself. :D
  • radiotrash
    radiotrash Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting week 2 today. I got halfway through last week and then **** kept me from getting home till 11pm. I almost actually did go ahead and exercise but since I get up at 5:30 am for work I decided sleep was more important. Ah well. It just means I'm a week behind my initial end date.
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 2. Almost there *whew*. Results have been amazing!!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Whoops, i haven't updated here in a while! I'm still chugging along, day 2 of recovery week for me. I'm really excited to get into the next set of exercises, but i'm going by the calendar, so sticking with recovery week. I've not lost any weight yet, which is kind of freaking me out, but I'm being mindful of the changes I see in the mirror, and the inches lost.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Day 5 week 2 complete...just one more day to finish week 2!!! :drinker:

I can't wait to measure and take some new pics to see what the first two weeks produced. I have to admit though that I have not been eating half as well as I should but I plan to fix that quick so that I can really get the most out of this program.

Realise tonight that my right knee is not feeling so good...anyone have tips on how to deal with knee pains? I really want to push through and do the program to the end but I don't want to bust my knees :cry:
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Day 5 week 2 complete...just one more day to finish week 2!!! :drinker:

I can't wait to measure and take some new pics to see what the first two weeks produced. I have to admit though that I have not been eating half as well as I should but I plan to fix that quick so that I can really get the most out of this program.

Realise tonight that my right knee is not feeling so good...anyone have tips on how to deal with knee pains? I really want to push through and do the program to the end but I don't want to bust my knees :cry:

I've had this happen a couple of times, usually a nice warm bath and massaging my calves and knee would help a lot. Could it be a form thing? Once I started 100% keeping my knees soft during the moves and making sure to land on my forefoot instead of heel or flatfooted when jumping I stopped having any issues with my knee.

Edited to add:
    Here's a basic article on landing: http://www.livestrong.com/article/189322-how-to-land-when-jumping/
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Whoops, i haven't updated here in a while! I'm still chugging along, day 2 of recovery week for me. I'm really excited to get into the next set of exercises, but i'm going by the calendar, so sticking with recovery week. I've not lost any weight yet, which is kind of freaking me out, but I'm being mindful of the changes I see in the mirror, and the inches lost.

I have to keep on reminding myself that inches loss is everything, scales arent that important. Ive gone up on the scales but trying not to get discouraged. I'm going to give it a full month before attempting to chang anything.
  • MtTovey
    MtTovey Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 for me! As promised, insane. haha And I'm feeling the soreness. No doubt. Question... anyone tried Muscle Milk to help with the rebuilding and soreness of the muscles?
  • lcerda822
    lcerda822 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the P90X, Turbofire, Insanity, Tap Out at home but could NEVER see any change! Out of desperation I signed up for a boot camp. In the first 2 weeks (6 sessions) I had lost an inch in each thigh, an inch in my waist and an inch in my hips. After the 2nd two weeks the results were almost the same....so in a month I've lost nearly 6 inches. My weight has stayed the same (weird) but I don't really care about that so much. I still do the Beachbody workouts 3 days a week for cardio. I don't know why the boot camp works....maybe it's the group environment that makes me push myself just a little bit harder. Or maybe my body had plateaued on Beachbody. Whatever it is, I'm so excited and can finally see change!
  • cnvandenberg
    Options
    confession time.:embarassed: I havent even started Insanity!! I just havent been having enough energy. I work at a daycare From 9 to 6. And when I get home all I wanna do is sit and watch tv/computer. I keep saying tmrw tmrw thmrw. But it never happens. Any advice? I tried the am workouts and I just dont have any strength I am so tired. I know I just need to get off my butt and do something!!!

Try and do it in the morning. You may want to consider getting the energy and endurance formula... makes a HUGE difference!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies. I started Week 3 yesterday! In the past 2 weeks I have lost 8 inches overall :*)

Yesterday was Fit test #2.

I did: 21 more SWITCH KICKS, 10 more POWER JACKS, 20 more POWER KNEES, 5 more POWER JUMPS, 2 more GLOBAL JUMPS, 4 more SUICIDE JUMPS, 3 more PUSH-UP JACKS, 16 more LOW PLANK OBLIQUE as compared to the 1st fit test 2 weeks ago!

And that's me after the fit test yesterday... and every day after the workout :) DIG DEEPER GIRLS!!!

IMG_20120730_061148-Copy480x640.jpg
  • cnvandenberg
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 for me! As promised, insane. haha And I'm feeling the soreness. No doubt. Question... anyone tried Muscle Milk to help with the rebuilding and soreness of the muscles?

Beach Body has the recovery formula you may want to consider... However, I found that regardless of what I did my first week was ROUGH and I was sore for a week... Just have to push through the pain and after about the first week, the pain subsides.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hey Ladies. I started Week 3 yesterday! In the past 2 weeks I have lost 8 inches overall :*)

Yesterday was Fit test #2.

I did: 21 more SWITCH KICKS, 10 more POWER JACKS, 20 more POWER KNEES, 5 more POWER JUMPS, 2 more GLOBAL JUMPS, 4 more SUICIDE JUMPS, 3 more PUSH-UP JACKS, 16 more LOW PLANK OBLIQUE as compared to the 1st fit test 2 weeks ago!

And that's me after the fit test yesterday... and every day after the workout :) DIG DEEPER GIRLS!!!

IMG_20120730_061148-Copy480x640.jpg

Aaahh! I love this! Crazy enough...this is what we look like while doing JUST the warmup!
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    bump
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    week 3 day 2 plyometric cardio circuit. I had no trouble keeping up with anything on my feet today but once we hit the floor I fell behind. I may just try and repeat that part of the workout just so I can say I did it. sounds like everyone is sticking with it! Love it!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my husband and I just finished week two last saturaday and onto week three. I was kind of nervous about the fit test. I did sooo poorly for the first test. I knew I felt stronger, but was I strong enough? Well here are my results:

insanity fit test 1 vs Insanity fit test 2

switch kicks 120-130
    power jacks 30-50
    power knees 60-80
    power jumps 5-16
    globe jumps 5-16
    suicide jumps 2-10
    push-up jacks 7-14
    low plank oblique 30-44

HELL YAY... that's all I can say! I was so proud of myself. I dug deeper and pushed myself harder. I've lost an inch on my waist and tummy, 1/2 inch around my arms. No weight loss, but I'm not too worried. I need to build the muscles first!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!