Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my husband and I just finished week two last saturaday and onto week three. I was kind of nervous about the fit test. I did sooo poorly for the first test. I knew I felt stronger, but was I strong enough? Well here are my results:

insanity fit test 1 vs Insanity fit test 2

switch kicks 120-130
    power jacks 30-50
    power knees 60-80
    power jumps 5-16
    globe jumps 5-16
    suicide jumps 2-10
    push-up jacks 7-14
    low plank oblique 30-44

HELL YAY... that's all I can say! I was so proud of myself. I dug deeper and pushed myself harder. I've lost an inch on my waist and tummy, 1/2 inch around my arms. No weight loss, but I'm not too worried. I need to build the muscles first!

Really great results you must be soooo pleased! and yay for inch loss!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Day 45 tomorrow! Bring it, Max Interval Plyo.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Day 57! One more week to go, I thought I'd be exhausted by this point but I'm so pumped!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    So I started Insanity on July 18 and while it's been really HARD I must admit it's getting easier and I'm enjoying the workouts...I still have a LOONNGG way to go and I've been strugglng with my eating which is why I felt when I first saw my "progress" pics...that I was seeing no progress at all and was feeling a bit discouraged...but on closer look I think I'm seeing small changes in my upper back and it's given me motivation to keep going...not just with the workouts but to seriously improve my eating so that the next two weeks will be even more successful...was kinda ashamed to post these but I've learnt here to celebrate even super-duper-tiny steps...not giving up!!! What do you guys think?

July 18 front
    July18front.jpg
    July 31 front
    July31front.jpg
    July 18 back
    July18back.jpg
    July 31 back
    July31back.jpg

P.S. Please excuse the "less than attractive" outfits :ohwell: and extreme sweatiness in the "after" pics...that was just after a workout...
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 !!! :))))))
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    way to go nikig7, to have visible changes in 2 weeks is fantastic. I see it in upper back and obliques. Looks like you have a very strong core. I didn't take pics but I lost 2 pounds in the first week and 2 pounds in the second week. I am happy with that. Having said that, time to press play!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    week 3, day 3 Just completed pure cardio and cardio abs. Love it. Love it. Love it!!!
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    Week 5 day 4. Lets goooo!! :drinker:
  • FattyToHotty
    Options
    Today is Week2, Day 4 for me. I'm not losing as much weight as I would like to. I only lost a pound last week, but I can see improvements in my body. 'm going to skip my cardio recovery days (like today) and replace them with REAL workouts like Zumba
  • nikig7
    Options
    way to go nikig7, to have visible changes in 2 weeks is fantastic. I see it in upper back and obliques. Looks like you have a very strong core. I didn't take pics but I lost 2 pounds in the first week and 2 pounds in the second week. I am happy with that. Having said that, time to press play!

Thanks...it's what's keeping me motivated...really gonna do better with my eating these next two weeks and push through to see what happens...my plan is to take new shots every two weeks as part of my progress tracking...week 3 starts today!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    week 3 day 4 cardio recovery, i feel oddly calm after todays workout. hrm says 171 calories. I was happy to see that.
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Day 21 in a few hours! A third of the way through yaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! No more movement on the scales but i feel more compact! Think I'm going to try and hold out til Day 28 to weigh in again!

I did Sport Training from the deluxe pack to shake things up a bit, Shaun T is sooo flipping hilarious in this video - he's practically dancing! Hard video but a lot of fun too I look forward to doing it again soon!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Great job guys...let's keep it going!

Day 1 week 3 complete! :drinker:
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    week 3 day 5 cardio power and resistance. I felt stronger in this workout today, the time went by very quickly. It still kicked my butt but I feel really good. Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am.
  • adjoa84
    Options
    week 3 day 5 cardio power and resistance. I felt stronger in this workout today, the time went by very quickly. It still kicked my butt but I feel really good. Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am.

I definitely am! Day 22 for me I'm going to try Insane Abs instead of Cardio Abs today I'll let everyone know how I get on.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Almost done with week 7! Core cardio and balance tomorrow.
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did insanity for a week and then I havent done it at all this week... but I need to start doing it again but I feel tired all the time...
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Ok so I did insanity for a week and then I havent done it at all this week... but I need to start doing it again but I feel tired all the time...

How much are you eating? Maybe you need to eat a bit more for extra energy.
  • Tkm0150
    Tkm0150 Posts: 6
    Options
    I see that you have been doing Insanity, that's VERY hard! A lof of work! My Sister-N-Law introduced me to something kinda of like Insanity, it's called Turbofire, and for me, it was easier, but did just as good! I guess you can say it's more of a womans workout! Maybe you would enjoy it better and not be so burnt out like some people are on Insanity. Just a thought :o)
  • stacieathompson
    Options
    Try sticking to the morning workouts for at least 2-3 weeks at least every other day. Make the committment and you may realize that after the first 5 min. warm-up you feel great...amazingly. I get up at 4:30 so I can get my workout and shower in before having to wake the kids up at 6:00 to get them on the bus. Then I eat breakfast and head out the door to work by 7:30 a.m. There is noooo way I'd have the energy after work and after picking the kids up from childcare after work, there is dinner to make and homework to do...plus their sports activities and as a teacher there are always conferences and meetings at the end of the day. My husband and I switch off every other morning working out but since he leaves for work by 6:30, I really am the go to person for getting the kids ready and off to school. By 8 p.m. I am drifting off and never have trouble sleeping. I am NOT a morning person and it is REALLY hard to roll out of bed to go do Insanity workouts or a hard run at the gym so early but I know it is my only option so I just do it. When I get to the gym there are always people who are leaving when I'm arriving so that fixes my feeling pity for myself : ) I also try to get my hardest, longest workouts in on the weekends when I have more time but still get up early. I prefer working out when my kids are sleeping so I don't feel guilty about the time it takes me away from family. I only do the Insanity workouts 1-2 days a week. The other 3-4 days I do intense running (either treadmill or outside), and a day of 40 mile road-biking. I am backing off the weight training as I have a lot of muscle mass I just don't need or want. Once you do about 3 minutes of the warm-up on Insanity it is easy to continue...not sure why but it is true.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!