Little trick for eating greek yogurt

Solosesso
Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
Hi guys!

Recently I tried switching low fat yogurt (which contains a lot of sugar) by plain greek yogourt (which contains a lot of protein and very few sugar). The problem is : I just hate the taste of plain greek yogurt! But I kinda find a way to eat it : I mix half a cup of plain greek yogurt with a bit of sugar free jello powder and lots of fruits. It's yummy!

My favorite mix by now : Plain greek yogurt + some raspberry flavored sugar free jello + raspberries and strawberries.

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    That sounds delish! Thanks for the tip!
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    No problem =)
  • Thanks for posting that. I'm the same way with Greek Yogurt.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Yum! Never would have thought to do that. Going to give it a try. Thanks!
  • laumcdow
    laumcdow Posts: 2
    I add about a tsp of sugar free jam (All-fruit) to the yogurt with the fruit,and that helps.
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Hi guys!

Recently I tried switching low fat yogurt (which contains a lot of sugar) by plain greek yogourt (which contains a lot of protein and very few sugar). The problem is : I just hate the taste of plain greek yogurt! But I kinda find a way to eat it : I mix half a cup of plain greek yogurt with a bit of sugar free jello powder and lots of fruits. It's yummy!

My favorite mix by now : Plain greek yogurt + some raspberry flavored sugar free jello + raspberries and strawberries.

I mix it with fat free/sugar free pudding. Any kind and it is...wait for it....amazing!
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Honestly, when you reduce the sugar in your diet (including "fake" sugars), you will begin to taste the real sweetness in foods. Adding in fake sugar isn't healthy or a viable long-term solution.

When I cut out sugar I was able to eat Greek yogurt plain and have it taste sweet to me. :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Yum! Never would have thought to do that. Going to give it a try. Thanks!

THIS! :) The pudding idea is awesome too! I used to mix coolwhip, canned pumpkin and sf/ff pudding for a yummy mousse-like treat.
  • laumcdow
    laumcdow Posts: 2
    I add about a tsp of sugar free jam (All-fruit) to the yogurt with the fruit,and that helps.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Adding artificial ingredients to make somthing you don't like edible seems silly to me. If you don't like greek yogurt, why eat it? There are plenty of other healthy foods out there.
  • stinamarie17
    stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
    it also makes an excellent replacement for sour cream... i use it on my chili and it is delish
  • tgym
    tgym Posts: 7
    I had the same problem, just gave up and went back to my sugar loaded greek yogurt.
    So thanks for posting this - very inspirational!
  • cinasana
    cinasana Posts: 40
    Also stir in some honey mustard to plain Greek yogurt for a delicious salad dressing
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    it also makes an excellent replacement for sour cream... i use it on my chili and it is delish

I do that too!

Also, .. I mix a scoop of a flavoured protein powder in to make it chocolatey .. (or whatever)

NOT to go with the Chilli ;)) ... haha
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Honestly, when you reduce the sugar in your diet (including "fake" sugars), you will begin to taste the real sweetness in foods. Adding in fake sugar isn't healthy or a viable long-term solution.

When I cut out sugar I was able to eat Greek yogurt plain and have it taste sweet to me. :)

Ohh sooo true! ... when I cut back on sugars I can even taste the sugar in a sip of skimmed milk !

also.. I can now taste SALT in some red wines!

weird..
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member

I have been cutting sugar and feel the same way. natural sweets taste so much more intense now.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    I am to the point now that I don't need to add the fake stuff to it. Just a little fruit and pure vanilla extract. Yummy.
  • DebFlores
    DebFlores Posts: 1
    If you want to get a chocolate fix while you're at it, mix in an envelope of swiss miss sugar free cocoa mix. Suh-weet!
  • tronapage
    tronapage Posts: 23
    That is GENIUS!!!!!!!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    THANK YOU! I can't stand the taste of that stuff straight up! Hey, speaking of sugar free jello, a friend of mine just let me taste something she made. White grapes with sugar free watermelon jello sprinkled on them. YUM!!!