Little trick for eating greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can even use it to cook and bake with! And an excellent mayo substitute! So MANY things to do with Greek yogurt!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    How weird, I just came across this idea last night when browsing recipes on Pinterest, but the person used the Cheesecake one as dessert! I'm definitely going to be exploring the jello idea! Right now I've just been getting plain non-fat and adding a Truvia into it. I should start making smoothies, but don't want to up my sugars too high. Sugar free jello has lots of good flavors too!

I just read the first page, I'll have to read the rest and write down all the great ideas. Thanks for posting this!
  • MDixon26
    MDixon26 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Non-fat greek yogurt + homemade taco seasoning (I like Gimme Some Oven's) = delicious!!

I make this and use it in place of sour cream lately I like to make a chicken quesadilla with a Joseph's Lavash wrap and 2 oz of grilled chicken and 1.5 oz of Cabot extra lite sharp cheddar cheese. SO GOOD!! I've been on a total Mexican food kick lately and it's all because of the taco seasoning + greek yogurt!

The entire meal:
    235 calories
    37 protein
    11 carbs
    2 sugar
    7 fat
    3 fiber
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yum! Never would have thought to do that. Going to give it a try. Thanks!

^ this..:love:
  • StacieLynne2012
    StacieLynne2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    May just be me but greek yogurt taste like eating straight sour cream to me. blah!
  • StacieLynne2012
    StacieLynne2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Non-fat greek yogurt + homemade taco seasoning (I like Gimme Some Oven's) = delicious!!

I make this and use it in place of sour cream lately I like to make a chicken quesadilla with a Joseph's Lavash wrap and 2 oz of grilled chicken and 1.5 oz of Cabot extra lite sharp cheddar cheese. SO GOOD!! I've been on a total Mexican food kick lately and it's all because of the taco seasoning + greek yogurt!

The entire meal:
    235 calories
    37 protein
    11 carbs
    2 sugar
    7 fat
    3 fiber

^^Sounds yummy! Must try
  • Brilynn492
    Brilynn492 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thanks!
  • BatwomanAlice
    Options
    I can't stand a lot of plain greek yogurt, but I am hooked on the oikos pots! Vanilla flavour is wonderful! just mix in some fruit and voula!
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I mix it with a serving of cereal any kind you like... yummy
  • Mojoman02
    Options
    I stopped eating the flavored yogurt when I discovered it had as much sugar as a candy bar! I love Greek Yogurt! I usually add fruit and a little sweetener. I also have made dips from Greek yogurt.....add dill, garlic, onion....whatever you like, and you have a high protein dip for all of your veggies!
  • poundsfallingoff
    Options
    My favorite way to eat plain greek yogurt is I sautee green and yellow zucchini with red onion, grape tomato, mushrooms and red bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil (yes it has braggig rights!) sesoned with garlic, paprika and thyme and then I mix in about a half cup of yogurt....very yummy!!!!
  • countrygirl7mels
    Options
    I usually have 1 cup plain greek yogurt, add one scoop vanilla or strawberry whey protein, and 1/2 cup thawed (frozen) blueberries. Sometimes I add Muesli. It is so good. I eat it for lunch, and it fills me up. *very high in protein*
  • tracywintn
    Options
    Don't know if this has been said yet...but I use the drink drops (mio, cyrystal light etc) in the plain non-fat greek yogurt
  • Mojoman02
    Options
    My favorite way to eat plain greek yogurt is I sautee green and yellow zucchini with red onion, grape tomato, mushrooms and red bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil (yes it has braggig rights!) sesoned with garlic, paprika and thyme and then I mix in about a half cup of yogurt....very yummy!!!!

Thanks for the idea! Sounds yummy!!
  • princ3ss21
    Options
    It's not going to help cut your fat/sugar but fat free Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of peanut butter is to die for!!
  • AnyankaSigrun
    Options
    We add the sugar free Toscani syrups to Greek yogurt.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with fresh berries and 1/4 cup of Special K Almond cereal on top for crunch. LOVE this.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all of the replies but..........try different brands of plain greek yogurt to find what you like. My favorite is Fage. I add my own fruit and sometimes a packet of splenda (depending on the fruit).
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when you reduce the sugar in your diet (including "fake" sugars), you will begin to taste the real sweetness in foods. Adding in fake sugar isn't healthy or a viable long-term solution.

When I cut out sugar I was able to eat Greek yogurt plain and have it taste sweet to me. :)

Ohh sooo true! ... when I cut back on sugars I can even taste the sugar in a sip of skimmed milk !

also.. I can now taste SALT in some red wines!

weird..

I know what you mean! I taste salt in soda which is why I haven't had soda in years except in very rare occasions. I taste it in everything! And sugar - definitely noticed a change in my tastes since cutting most of the processed stuff out, icing used to be too sugary for me well now the cake itself just doesn't look appetizing cuz it tastes entirely too sweet to me! And now dark chocolate takes care of a sweet craving and milk chocolate just tastes wrong. Interesting how taste buds change as you adjust your diet.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I used some banana pudding (powder) in my oatmeal with some walnuts!!! YUMMO
    Hi guys!

Recently I tried switching low fat yogurt (which contains a lot of sugar) by plain greek yogourt (which contains a lot of protein and very few sugar). The problem is : I just hate the taste of plain greek yogurt! But I kinda find a way to eat it : I mix half a cup of plain greek yogurt with a bit of sugar free jello powder and lots of fruits. It's yummy!

My favorite mix by now : Plain greek yogurt + some raspberry flavored sugar free jello + raspberries and strawberries.

I mix it with fat free/sugar free pudding. Any kind and it is...wait for it....amazing!