Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and a little cinnamon. It makes a divine veggie dip
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I usually put mine into recipes.. Right now I'm munching a chicken salad:

5-6oz of plain greek yogurt
    4oz chicken - I generally boil or bake it, depending on what else I'm eating that week.. and then let it cool down
    1/2 of an apple
    Spices - I always mix it around differently, right now I've got 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1 tsp of oregano bc i'm addicted to it atm
    I also added 2 strips of bacon because I'm a jerk who loves bacon

Mix all that up & you're done :smile:
    It makes two or three servings depending on how much you eat - I've slammed the whole thing at once before though lol

For the entire recipe, this worked out to 310 calories, 22g carbs, 29g of protein, and 13g of fat (without bacon it would've been 4g of fat and 18g protein)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is with all natural peanut butter in it! Natural and Protein packed!
  • Ashleyanne271
    Ashleyanne271 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I put half a banana (mushed) with a tsp of honey in mine. AMAZING!!!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I like mine with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of turbinado sugar. I like the crunchy texture and the little bit of sweetness.

Sounds tasty!
  • pagraham1971
    pagraham1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt topped with some frozen (thawed) mixed berries and a sprinkling of homemade peanut butter granola....yum!!!
  • sscrivener2013
    Options
    You could also try mixing it with honey, granola and cranberries as well. I find that helps.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    awesome..tips peops..will be trying them out for sure
  • krouch17
    krouch17 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I add a little bit of peanut butter!
  • jax71868
    jax71868 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I add Stevia and some fresh fruit to Greek yogurt.
  • kyazuh
    kyazuh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I add about a tsp of sugar free jam (All-fruit) to the yogurt with the fruit,and that helps.

I frequently add jam to my yogurt when i don't have any fruit.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've done something similar too...so those greek yogurt cups with the fruit/honey are delicious, but have you ever really looked at the nutrition label? Yikes! they have a crazy amount of sugar.

What I've done to spice up plain greek yogurt is add a bit of low sugar preserves or jam. It was lower calorie too if I remember right.
  • leaner426
    Options
    I microwave frozen blueberries for a couple minutes, then mix in lowfat plain greek yogurt. It's very good. If I want it sweeter I put in a tiny bit of real sugar.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use the plain in my morning smoothie with vanilla protein powder, orange and pineapple. YUM!
  • Tsbboo
    Tsbboo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    so agree, I buy my yogurt with fat and sugar for the few calories extra it is more satisfying and has more calcium in it which make me feel better about what I'm eating
  • Kim_SFB
    Kim_SFB Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use it frequently as "sour cream ".
  • marelu29
    Options
    I just don't like Greek yogurt. The consistency is just too thick for me. It gives me shivers just thinking about it.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take a teaspoon or two of sugar free chocolate pudding mix and stir it right in.
  • smithcarola
    smithcarola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like to get the vanilla flavored greek yogurt and add blackberries or any other kind of fruit or berry.