Favorite Band....Most Hated Band.....

Options

Replies

• 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    Fav! The Jam (Not together anymore)

Least: Nickelback

woohoo! The Jam - fantastic saw them twice before they split :( least fave - too many to mention but tatu the fake lesbians would be one!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

woohoo! The Jam - fantastic saw them twice before they split :( least fave - too many to mention but tatu the fake lesbians would be one!

Saw them in Boston and my friends band (Boys Life) openend for them! Not too many people in the U.S. know about the Jam , except Green Day who obviously got their sound from them lol!
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like Primus, Nevermore, Pantera...mostly metal. I don't like most rap and can't get into Slipknot at all.
  • AlexnEmma2012
    AlexnEmma2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Pearl Jam

Least: To many to name....
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Top: The number 12 looks like you.

Bottom: No need to be hatin'
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Favorite band is Built to Spill
    Never thought about what band I hate the most.
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options

Saw them in Boston and my friends band (Boys Life) openend for them! Not too many people in the U.S. know about the Jam , except Green Day who obviously got their sound from them lol!

ahhh not sure if we are on about the same band! Paul Weller was the lead vocal - they split in 1982!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    Fave: QUEEN

Hated: Kid Rock, Nickleback, Lynerd Skynerd, Journey.anything with Corey Taylor, Gaga, Coldplay, boy bands, Disney girls.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

ahhh not sure if we are on about the same band! Paul Weller was the lead vocal - they split in 1982!

Yeah it was 1980 when they opened for them. LOVE Weller
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Fave: This is difficult because I get bored easily and need variety but the ones I never seem to tire of are The Cure, The Descendants, Pink Floyd, and Nirvana (used to be my all-time fave. Still love their older stuff and songs not played 2309849829084092382347840782 times on the radio. I was gonna marry Kurt... :ohwell: )

HATED: U2 by far~ I know "hate" is a strong word but it's appropriate in this context. They're so high on my hate list that there's not even a close second. So glad that many others on here share my disdain for U2 and Bono!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Favorite is hard. Probably a toss up between The Cure and The Pogues. Least favorite...hmmm. So many to choose from, lol. I always really hated Sugar Ray. More recently, I really can't tolerate Lady Gaga. I'm not trying to be too hip to be in to her, I just honestly can't stand her or her music.

Pogues are awesome. I did get to see them, too.

My favorite for the last few years has been Mischief Brew. I even named my dog, Mischief, after that band.

Most hated: well, Kid Rock still evokes a shudder. or anything emo.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Most hated is easy. Janes Addiction

Favorite....A little harder because my mood always changes.....Lately- Hurt, or Thousand Foot Krutch
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Fave is a tie between the cat empire and the white stripes, also nirvana and tragically hip. I get to see the hip again next friday yay!!!!! Also arctic monkeys, mother mother, rococode, current swell.dammit i can't choose one.

Most hated- any band/musician who buys talent, cannot play an instrument or uses auto-tune
  • Blondefitbarbie
    Options
    Fave is a tie between the cat empire and the white stripes, also nirvana and tragically hip. I get to see the hip again next friday yay!!!!! Also arctic monkeys, mother mother, rococode, current swell.dammit i can't choose one.

Most hated- any band/musician who buys talent, cannot play an instrument or uses auto-tune

^^^^^
    THIS.
    As a singer, nothing annoys me more than someone who is successful/famous for their music and has no legitimate musical talent.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Surprised to see how many Cure fans there are here including myself. We should start a group.

Anyways....

Favorite....Green Day gets my vote. Been following them for over 20+ years.

Least....Too many to name.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Silverchair

Least favorite: Tough one....I'm torn between Coldplay and Pantera. I think I'll go with Pantera just because I have to hear them more often
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Favorite..Phish

Most disliked...too many to mention
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My favorite all time band has to be the Beatles
    My favorite current band is The Black Keys (if you don't know them, check them out on youtube)
    Most hated all time band is Bay City Rollers
    Most hated current band is U2
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Fave - The Bravery (hence my name :smile: )

Least fave - My Chemical Romance - The only song I like of theirs is The Ghost of You. Every other song of theirs is horrible. :angry:
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    My favorite all time band has to be the Beatles
    My favorite current band is The Black Keys (if you don't know them, check them out on youtube)
    Most hated all time band is Bay City Rollers
    Most hated current band is U2

Did you just say The Bay City Rollers?!! I can't believe there is another person on the planet besides myself who knows (or really remembers) who they are... Funny!