Favorite Band....Most Hated Band.....

Options

Replies

• emmamma
    emmamma Posts: 6
    Options
    Favorite(s): Queen, Aerosmith, Journey, Disney movie songs, Owl City, Bon Iver (yay famous local band!), Pendulum, Rob Swire, most underground and underrated dubstep and EDM, N*SYNC, Mumford and Sons, Camo & Krooked, the list goes on!

Least: One Direction (with a passion), Nickelback (with less of a passion), Justin Bieber, most country and modern rap, Disney artists like Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers (are they still around?), and this list goes on, as well.
  • Matthewgd24
    Options
    if anyone wants to listen to a really good, newer album- The Smashing Pumpkins "Oceania" is just phenomenal
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Fave is a tie between the cat empire and the white stripes, also nirvana and tragically hip. I get to see the hip again next friday yay!!!!! Also arctic monkeys, mother mother, rococode, current swell.dammit i can't choose one.

Most hated- any band/musician who buys talent, cannot play an instrument or uses auto-tune

^^^^^
    THIS.
    As a singer, nothing annoys me more than someone who is successful/famous for their music and has no legitimate musical talent.
    Agree 100%!!! If someone's "talent" is dependent on an engineer or software and they can't play/sing their stuff live, they ain't musicians.
  • Dollface_Mama
    Options
    Favorite:Metallica or Pink Floyd.
    Most Hated: Lady Gag Gag.

Lady Gag Gag lmao!!

Favorite would have to be ReHab or Five Finger Death Punch!

Least favorite....wow so much music sucks these days cant honestly pick just on, My Chemical Romance sucks pretty bad. I'm more into underground hip hop and there are lots of crappy ones there lol
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    BTW one other some of you should check out.....Some of his stuff is pretty unique. AND he got Neil Young to sign off his music for the first time ever.......And after one listen

Redlight King

Good stuff-saw him live too, and was EXCELLENT!!
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just because they hold so many memories for me Oasis is always gonna be my favorite
    Creed, Nickleback and Godsmack make me wanna slash tires I hate them so bad...
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fave of all time: Nine Inch Nails
    Fave of the moment: Ok Go
    Most hated all time: Coldplay and Nickelback
    Most hated at the moment: all the fake 'pop rock' that's out there at the moment.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Favourite: Tool

Runners up: Pearl Jam, Counting Crows, Bright Eyes, Alabama 3

Least: I dunno, I hate loads of stuff. Katy Perry and Beyonce really get on my tits. And Metallica... not because they're bad, they're not, the music is often really good but I can't stand the way the guy sings, I find the growling a tad stupid. Oh and Iron Maiden for a similar reason, horrible screechy warbly voice.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Can't really narrow down a favorite... I like Queen, Suneohair, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gackt...

Most hated would have to be Hinder though. That song Lips of an Angel... :grumble:
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Tough to choose a favorite!!!! Hmmmm....

All Time Favorites: The Beatles, Queen, Foo Fighters, Minus The Bear

Most Hated: Nickelback, U2 (late 90s to present), The Black Eyed Peas (if you consider them a band. A band of idiots).
  • crazyjlyn
    crazyjlyn Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Favorite= THEORY OF A DEAD MAN!!!!!!

Hated = Ummmmm, no idea
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    if anyone wants to listen to a really good, newer album- The Smashing Pumpkins "Oceania" is just phenomenal

Big Pumpkins and Chili Peppers fan :)
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fave...the Ramones or A7X

Hated...NIckleback or U2. It's a toss up.
  • BethBruce19
    Options
    I love the Foo Fighters but I HATE Coldplay!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Fave: The Jimi Hendrix Experience (going back a bit, I know ...), Queen and Floyd are OK too.

Hated: Another vote for Nickleback and anyone with a vocalist that sings like he's constipated in leui of actual emotion.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Favorite is hard. Probably a toss up between The Cure and The Pogues. Least favorite...hmmm. So many to choose from, lol. I always really hated Sugar Ray. More recently, I really can't tolerate Lady Gaga. I'm not trying to be too hip to be in to her, I just honestly can't stand her or her music.

Yes!! I love The Pogues and Flogging Molly!

We went and saw Flogging Molly last month. :) We saw them years ago at Warped Tour, but they only got to play for like 20 minutes. Got to meet one of the guitarist (the younger...and super hot...one) and get a big hug. Plus he licked my ear.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Death to all the U2 haters!:laugh:

No, but seriously, several months ago there was thread for people to name their top 5 bands/musicians and a lot of the people named U2 (including myself) on their list so it's kinda odd seeing them so disliked in this thread. But that's your prerogative, of course!:smile:
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to choose only one of each, but if I have to do it then my favorite is Morrissey and I hate Depeche Mode because Dave Gahan makes me want to bash my head against a wall. I can't stand that guy.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Fave- Queen and Springsteen , least - Journey, just tired of hearing them played on my channel all the time
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My god seriously I will NOT give up posting this.

You MUST listen to HURT

How we End Up Alone
    Abuse of Sid
    Rapture
    House Carpenter

The list goes on.......^^^^some of those should be on an ALL TIME best list!!!!!!!