• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    marrying my first husband.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I can't call it a mistake EVER.

But the reasons FOR DOING SOMETHING were a mistake. I'll leave it at that.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Spending 4 years in a physically abusive relationship.

Dating the wrong guy and getting date raped at 17.

Hmm, I guess just some poor choices in men in the past.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Every mistake i've made in life has led me to where i am today and i couldn't be happier. I wouldn't change a thing :)
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I always cringe at this question because if you never made a mistake then you never tried something new. Look back on your life and every mistake you made taught you something and made you a better person I am sure. I married a woman that was a "known" cheater I though she would change she didn't but I wouldn't change that because I became a great step dad to her kids and I am still that man today. There is one thing I would change because it had no learning experience to it. I stayed with my ex wife for 1.5 years after I caught her cheating. This only added stress to my step kids lives and there was "no" learning involved there I should have just left when I caught her for the kids sake. They are living with their real dad now and I get to see them every couple of weeks (more than their mother does).

Everything bad that comes around teaches us something.don't focus on the mistake focus on what you learned.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't really regret any of my mistakes because they make me who I am today.

This exactly... I have made some huge ones...

Married at 18. Uneducated and divorced at 23 with two children = really hard life. I learned so much from my mistakes. I worked SO hard to get my education and then to raise and educate my own children. It was hard, but I am successful and happy now (28 years later), and more importantly, my children are happy and successful.

Everyone makes horrible mistakes - even if they don't admit it. The key is to learn from your mistakes and work to change your life for the better. :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I would do a million things differently. But then I think if the consequences it would have on other ares of my life. I'm kind of from the school of thought that everything happens / we make choices for a reason. I just try to take accountability for every decision made no matter how bad...how rash...how whatever ...and learn from it.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How bout you Kim?

Ah Bubble Gum.....you called me out on my own post! lol Can't believe I'm going to put it out there, but my biggest mistake in my life *sigh* *deep breath* was having an affair. I regret it every day and it haunts me. I feel like I've let everyone down, including myself. It's done and over with, but it can't be erased. Never again....

Thanks for sharing that, I know the feeling of letting everyone down.. I know it must weigh heavy on you
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why so negative? Take the more positive path...there are no mistakes, only lessons from which you can learn and apply to life.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    marriage . . . twice . . . I'm a slow learner.
    Marriage... 3 times... slower yet! :laugh:
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Mistaking lust for love, marrying based on this mistake and then learning we have nothing in common.
    Waiting until I was 30 years old before I learned to stand up for myself.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Made a lot of mistakes... don't want to say them in fear of being criticized and judged. Just know that I regret them fully, and will never do them again. :)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Everything I did during my 3 years on Heroin... I'd take back every second of it, if I had the chance... I was the world's ****tiest person... FACT

I can only imagine. I'm glad those years are behind you!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    There's really no such thing as a mistake.... you either learn from the experience, or you don't and you continue in the same pattern.
    That being said, I love the person I've become because of what I've learned from bad experiences with love, life, career, health, etc., and wouldn't take one second back.
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Could not have been said better!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I stupidly and naively married the wrong man at 22 yrs old...........we met in high school, we dated for 6 years, and I KNEW I shouldn't marry him, but he LOVED me, and I got pregnant, and that was that. As a Catholic child (I'm not anymore), I married out of guilt and shame, instead of out of love and respect.

I endured over 25 years with this guy.......who was chemically addicted, psychologically marred, and who refused to get any help. I went down many bad roads with him, which I also regret.

HOWEVER, from that union came two wonderful daughters and a LOT of learning about myself, so all was not lost :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Why so negative? Take the more positive path...there are no mistakes, only lessons from which you can learn and apply to life.

Some of these lessons are hard to take...and just plain suck. LOL
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dropping down to 3-500 cals per day for a year and a half after my car accident.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Not taking school seriously growing up and letting other peoples choices and opinions alter my own. Being promiscuous and trying to hard to get attention from men.

I know they say "Don't call your past mistakes because it makes you who you are today" but having one night stands was just a flat out regret, looking back. (Didn't have many at all, but 1-2 was enough to make me cringe)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Made a lot of mistakes... don't want to say them in fear of being criticized and judged. Just know that I regret them fully, and will never do them again. :)

We all make mistakes...if someone says they didn't, then they are lying. I have yet to meet a perfect person.