What's your BIGGEST MISTAKE??

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    dating my ex....and if i could go back i wouldn't do it!!! seeing the downward spiral him and his sister(my ex best friend) took me on...not cool...i am happier, healthier and sexier without them in my life!!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    How bout you Kim?

Ah Bubble Gum.....you called me out on my own post! lol Can't believe I'm going to put it out there, but my biggest mistake in my life *sigh* *deep breath* was having an affair. I regret it every day and it haunts me. I feel like I've let everyone down, including myself. It's done and over with, but it can't be erased. Never again....

I think it's safe to say that most people have demons in their closet. You made a bad decision but for some reason that is what you needed at that time. I'm sure it caused a lot of grief but as long as it taught you something about yourself and helped etch out who you are today - all is not lost.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Made a lot of mistakes... don't want to say them in fear of being criticized and judged. Just know that I regret them fully, and will never do them again. :)

We all make mistakes...if someone says they didn't, then they are lying. I have yet to meet a perfect person.

• tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    alcohol
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Not leaving the ex sooner.
    Thought for the kids staying was best. It wasn't.
    She is still a cheating pothead and drunk. /rant
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    How bout you Kim?

Ah Bubble Gum.....you called me out on my own post! lol Can't believe I'm going to put it out there, but my biggest mistake in my life *sigh* *deep breath* was having an affair. I regret it every day and it haunts me. I feel like I've let everyone down, including myself. It's done and over with, but it can't be erased. Never again....

I think it's safe to say that most people have demons in their closet. You made a bad decision but for some reason that is what you needed at that time. I'm sure it caused a lot of grief but as long as it taught you something about yourself and helped etch out who you are today - all is not lost.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done it...but no one else wanted to throw it out there. I didn't want to either, but it is my answer to my own question. It has caused a lot of pain and a lot of crying, yet is in the past. It taught me a couple of things and I am thankful every day my husband believes in me enough to stand by me and stick with me. It was my hardest lesson learned and I will never go down that path again.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I don't really think I have any mistakes. I sometimes wonder if my life would be better if I had done things differently. But my experiences, good and bad, make me who I am. And I like who I am. None of my "mistakes" are things that can't be undone, so I have no regrets.

Sorry I was too lazy to read other people's responses before posting. I'm sure I'm not the first to post something to this tune. I guess that was a mistake. :P
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I don't really think I have any mistakes. I sometimes wonder if my life would be better if I had done things differently. But my experiences, good and bad, make me who I am. And I like who I am. None of my "mistakes" are things that can't be undone, so I have no regrets.

Sorry I was too lazy to read other people's responses before posting. I'm sure I'm not the first to post something to this tune. I guess that was a mistake. :P
    LOL.....thanks for sharing your 'first mistake' with us! :)
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I'd say it was not making fitness and health more of a priority when I was younger. I wish I'd have made changes sooner in life!

me too!~
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    All the time I spent over the years hanging out with friends and drinking, instead of with family. Ultimately led to my EX's affair and our divorce. :(
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I've made plenty of mistakes but the one I wish I could change would be to go back and keep trying in recovery, and not give up and relapse. I'm in recovery again and I'm doing well, but around the time I relapsed years ago, I relapsed really badly, I was sectioned and my little sister developed anorexia shortly after. I know it's an illness and someone can't MAKE you ill but children copy those they aspire to be like, I played such a big part in her illness because she watched me and then copied what I was doing. So if I could go back and change anything, I would take away the pain from her life. It's been a long few months but she's finally moving in the right direction:)
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Barely making it through college because I thought I *HAD* to work a full time job while being in school. I did not enjoy my college years, got poor grades, and my health suffered.

I regret assuming that my parents always knew what was best for me, and I regret not knowing how to say "No" to them. My mom has bullyed me into making some of the worst decisions of my life.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Mine wasn't so much a mistake as something missed.... I was in love with my best friend and never told him. I was too afraid I would lose him and the friendship wouldn't survive. Fast forward 20 years and we've both married other people and lost each other anyway... I wish I would've just told him.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Getting into an argument on a forum with a nincumpoop..................which made me look like a nincumpoop:)
  • curvykim78
    Options
    Getting into an argument on a forum with a nincumpoop..................which made me look like a nincumpoop:)

HAHA You see this everyday on these threads!~
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have SO many things... Highschool, college, my first credit card....

But my biggest mistake was a relationship. I don't regret the relationship itself so much, because I learned SO much from it. I regret allowing him to make me feel differently about myself. Before I met him, I was outgoing, thin, loved being around people and having a good time. But he told me otherwise. I believed him when he told me that I had no friends, that no one cared about me but him, that I was a loser, that i was worthless, that I was fat, and ugly. I knew better, but the more he told me these things, the more I believed him. Which led me to gaining close to 100 pounds, and the worst depression I have ever been in my life.

I finally broke the cycle and got out. The habits I built during that dark time in my life have been harder to break. But I learned so much from that experience. Not just about him, and who he really was, but about life and most importantly, about myself. I'm not worthless, and I have lots of people that care about me. I am stronger than I ever knew. I left him and all his bull****, and I have lost over 70 pounds. I found myself again, and continue to learn, and struggle, and discover more about myself everyday.

Or, maybe I should just scratch that whole relationship...
  • p_e_wright
    p_e_wright Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh this is really got me thinking... and many of the things I have done (and continue to do) have caused pain to myself and others. Do I think they are mistakes? Not sure, some yes, but I can see why I did what I do most of the time. I would like to think that I work hard towards forgiving myself for the past and learning from the situations that I come across where I have to make choices..

I think there is a nicer way of asking this which could be:

What is the biggest lesson you have learned ?

What do you guys think?

I like this!
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    For the most part I'd have to say every "mistake" I've made in my life has made me who I am today. I got pregnant at 16, now technically that was a "mistake" but now I have an amazing daughter that I really don't regret, not even a little bit! I've been in bad relationships, abusive, possesive, controlling, but they've made me stronger and realize when I have a good one!

I wish I would have started exercising earlier, but again it makes me want it more now, makes me realize how terrible it feels to be fat and lazy and unhealthy and now I want it so bad! If I'd never known the bad I might not appreciate the good as much!

But one mistake I did make, that I think I will regret for the rest of my life, is fighting with my cousin. We were best friends in the whole wide world. We rode our horses together, shopping, movies, girly stuff, talked about boys and crushes, and stuff. We hung out ALL THE TIME. We got in a stupid fight, I dont' even remember what about. We didn't talk for months, and then she died :( I will never get that time back with her, over something so stupid. I don't even know what it was!! It kills me, and I think about it all the time (10 years later!) I miss her everyday and wish I could take back that time, but I can't. Live everyday like it's your last!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I have one.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1. Going to college a. I have student loans I can't pay back, and b. 2 degrees useless degrees
    2. Having a baby

Really? You regret having a baby?? So sad for that poor child. You should think about adoption if you really feel that way.