Public Restrooms

Options

Replies

• rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I sit on the toilet. Like a normal person. I have yet to get any infection or disease. Silly people.
    I concur.
  • mrp0905
    mrp0905 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If I have to use a public restroom I keep wipes in my purse to wipe the seat down before I sit. I think hovering just runs took much of a chance of peeing on the seat and leaving it for the next person :(
  • tiffygrl12
    tiffygrl12 Posts: 40
    Options
    Just sit and use the toilet folks! (hoverers just splash urine all over everything and while urine is sterile and has no germs, the idea is just gross).

THIS. You have NO idea how pathetic it is to have to clean a hoverers pee off a toilet seat before I sit. I shouldn't have to do that.

And, for heavens sake. FLUSH!! I have NO idea what advantage there is to leaving your crap sitting in the toilet.

I disagree. I hover but I don't get urine on the seat. It might because I'm short but I've never had a splashing issue and aiming isn't really that hard.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just sit and use the toilet folks! (hoverers just splash urine all over everything and while urine is sterile and has no germs, the idea is just gross).

THIS. You have NO idea how pathetic it is to have to clean a hoverers pee off a toilet seat before I sit. I shouldn't have to do that.

And, for heavens sake. FLUSH!! I have NO idea what advantage there is to leaving your crap sitting in the toilet.

I disagree. I hover but I don't get urine on the seat. It might because I'm short but I've never had a splashing issue and aiming isn't really that hard,

About 75% of the time I use a public toilet there is at least one droplet of pee on the seat. It's disgusting. So obviously, for most hoverers, it is fairly difficult.
  • tiffygrl12
    Options

I disagree. I hover but I don't get urine on the seat. It might because I'm short but I've never had a splashing issue and aiming isn't really that hard,

About 75% of the time I use a public toilet there is at least one droplet of pee on the seat. It's disgusting. So obviously, for most hoverers, it is fairly difficult.

Sometimes when i use the bathroom after my sister at home there a drop on the toilet. It doesn't always have to be a hoverer some people just need to go through potty training again.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Sometimes when i use the bathroom after my sister at home there a drop on the toilet. It doesn't always have to be a hoverer some people just need to go through potty training again.

There's no need to get all defensive about it. I wasn't saying anything about you personally.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    MUST have an *kitten* gasket of some kind...
  • tiffygrl12
    Options

There's no need to get all defensive about it. I wasn't saying anything about you personally.

I just don't want people to see urine/blood on a toilet seat and think' hover' because it's something anyone can do.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    omg.....seriously?

it's a crapper.....you have no idea of the crap you pick up during the day on your hands, clothes, shoes....

oh and if your toothbrush is in the same room as the toilet at home......there is going to be fecal matter on it....
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    Studies show that the first stall as soon as you walk in is the least used...so I always use first stall...and you gotta hover man. And you flush with your foot..I refuse to touch anything!

Exactly this. Every time.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    This thread is shat.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I sit on the toilet. Like a normal person. I have yet to get any infection or disease. Silly people.
    Totally! If I dont have to go REALLLY super bad, I will wipe of the seat with toilet paper, but I totally cant HOVER?!?! It goes everywhere!! LOL
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Well said. Tho as I've been to India more than once western bathrooms hold no fear for me.:laugh:
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I avoid at all costs sitting down in public bathrooms but when I have to I hover for sure and flush with a foot!
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    "No doubt about it, there could be a witch's brew of germs wherever you turn in public restrooms. Many people consider toilet seats to be public enemy No. 1 -- the playground for organisms responsible for STDs like chlamydia or gonorrhea. But before you panic, the toilet seat is not a common vehicle for transmitting infections to humans. Many disease-causing organisms can survive for only a short time on the surface of the seat, and for an infection to occur, the germs would have to be transferred from the toilet seat to your urethral or genital tract, or through a cut or sore on the buttocks or thighs, which is possible but very unlikely."

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/what-can-you-catch-in-restrooms
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I still wipe it down though.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Studies show that the first stall as soon as you walk in is the least used...so I always use first stall...and you gotta hover man. And you flush with your foot..I refuse to touch anything!

YEP! Hover and use that first stall! Just make sure you get your toilet paper first unless you want a pretty good workout due to the t.p. tearing at every single square and you are stuck in a squatted position trying to grasp at every square you can because that public bathroom t.p. just seems to be designed that way! lol ;)
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Agree. As for the not touching anything. Just wash your hands with soap.

Studies show less than half of men wash their hands after using the rest room. So those little bowls of mints at restaurants? Are shown to have urine on them. Unless the mints are wrapped, just say no to breath freshening!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Indian bathrooms (outside of western hotels) don't have seats!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm fat, I can't squat. And if I could I wouldn't be this fat. I just sit and get it over with. It's my *kitten* not my face so I'm fine with it. Plus, I live in one of the least occupied states in the union. Not like there are many people here to use before me.