Public Restrooms

Options
12346»

Replies

• SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I sit on the toilet. Like a normal person. I have yet to get any infection or disease. Silly people.

This! Although I only use public restrooms if I absolutely have to go and can't hold it anymore!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Indian bathrooms (outside of western hotels) don't have seats!

It's not just India, a lot of bathrooms in France & Italy are of the squat type. As I learned when we inter-railed round Europe years ago. My OH had been before & knew what to expect & didn't warn me. I'd had a couple of glasses of wine, needed the bathroom, found it and was faced with a hole in the floor with 2 porcelaine footpads. Took me a while to work that one out!:laugh:
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    I thought you were SUPPOSED TO flush with your foot. That's why they make it a little kick-bar thing. no?

Hilarious! "kick-bar" That's exactly what it looks like. Every time I flush with my foot I'm going to pretend I'm kick starting a motorcycle!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Do you lay down toliet paper or the annoying flappy seat cover on the seat or do you go "without protection?"

wow. everything people say about the forum people is TRUE.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Gotta hover? Lol. Practice squats?

Hover for sure! Foot flush if not automatic!
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use the flappy toilet seat covers but if their isn't any I use toilet paper
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    squat-1.jpg
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use a cover, sometimes I just wipe if off first. I never use a cover at the gym.....the thing will stick all over my *kitten*! I am not afraid of my legs contracting a disease. Nothing but my legs/butt cheeks touch. I'm more likely to get a disease from a handrail. Obviously many of you have never traveled to a third world country. You'd never survive it mentally. lol
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Hovering and using your foot to flush are DISGUSTING! At least if you do that junk wipe down the seat and the handle after you do so. Stop getting pee on the seat and stop getting everything on the bottom of your shoe on the handle. GROSS!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Oh and people who hover piss me off. Pissing all over the damn seat. Thanks a lot.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use a cover, sometimes I just wipe if off first. I never use a cover at the gym.....the thing will stick all over my *kitten*! I am not afraid of my legs contracting a disease. Nothing but my legs/butt cheeks touch. I'm more likely to get a disease from a handrail. Obviously many of you have never traveled to a third world country. You'd never survive it mentally. lol

I don't think the OP should be allowed outside of the country, do you?
  • sizzle92
    Options

I didn't read enough of the thread/their posts to make that decision. :laugh:
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Studies show that the first stall as soon as you walk in is the least used...so I always use first stall...and you gotta hover man. And you flush with your foot..I refuse to touch anything!

Me too! strengthen those quads! And after washing your hands, use the paper towel to open the door!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the public bathroom looks like. I usually use a seat cover if they are available or two seat covers if the bathroom looks pretty grungy. If there are no seat covers and the bathroom looks pretty grungy, I'll use toilet paper to cover the seat. I use my hand to flush though and I don't use any paper products to open the doors or turn on the faucet. I'm not sure why I started using the seat covers anyway. When I was growing up we didn't have indoor plumbing. We had an outhouse and that thing was anything but sanitary and we hardly ever got sick even with not washing our hands after going to the bathroom.
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I didn't read enough of the thread/their posts to make that decision. :laugh:

Lol, I just asked the question. It was a random thought.
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    I wipe it off with a little paper then sit my *kitten* down. I look back on where I have been in the Military and realize that I have had worse. LOL
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Studies show that the first stall as soon as you walk in is the least used...so I always use first stall...and you gotta hover man. And you flush with your foot..I refuse to touch anything!

Me too! strengthen those quads! And after washing your hands, use the paper towel to open the door!

That study is for suckers.

A newer study showed that no one goes right on the floor in the middle of the stall, so that's what I do.
    This way I don't have to whipe a seat nor touch anything dirty.
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    I definitely use public toilet seat protection everytime!