Coke Zero vs Diet Coke

Options
Does anyone know what the main difference is between these 2 products?

I lovvvveeeee Coke. The real stuff though. Although I dont have to touch it and will be just fine.
In fact I only drink it once or twice a month maybe.

I was thinking if I was going to drink it once in a while, I might try Coke Zero. I dont like Diet Coke or any diet pop at all.

What is the taste difference like?

I might just skip it all together and stick to water ... but water and pizza just doesnt do it for me lol

Replies

• mrsjrwest
    mrsjrwest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I personally like Coke Zero much more than Diet Coke. It still isn't full sugar flavor, but much closer. I drink very little pop, and would prefer to stay away from artificial sweeteners as much as possible. When I can, I get unsweetened stuff at restaurants and use packets of Truvia I bring along myself. That said, I do drink diet beverages now in my weight control efforts.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas are just as bad if not worse than regular sugared sodas. Diet coke has the nasty sweet n low kind of after taste though and I can't stand that. coke zero tastes more like regular coke.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think Diet Coke is horrible! I am a pepsi person myself, but both diets are unbearable. If I had to choose I would choose Zero. However I have found Diet Dr. Pepper to be almost as close to the real thing. Diet A&W is the best for me! Taste just like the real deal!!
  • Flamingalah
    Options
    You would probably like coke zero better coz it tastes more like the real thing :) I LOVE Diet Coke, because it doesnt taste like the real thing! lol
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well they both are crap....meaning you shouldn't drink either. Anything with artificial sweetners will just enhance food cravings, plus they can cause cancer......is it really worth it to drink diet sodas. But to give you the answer you initially asked for....it would be coke zero. I miss the stuff like crazy, but I love myself more....so I don't drink it anymore.
  • TinaS88
    Options
    **In reply to the diet is worse then the regular

Yes, there is an argument that Diet Soda can be "worse" because the "fake sugar" makes you crave the real stuff. I think it comes down to self control. I use Splenda in my coffee ( I drink about 3 cups a day) and yeah I do crave sugar but I think it's more that I was ADDICTED to soda (seriously, like a 12 pack every 2 days). I can drink a diet and be ok now for the most part.
  • LaneyRZ
    LaneyRZ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I HAAAAATED diet drinks before I started eating right. Coke Zero was the first diet drink I actually liked. I still can't stand the flavor of Diet Coke, but I'll take a Zero any day!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I never liked Diet coke (nasty , imho) . it has a horrible after taste.

I LOVE Coke Zero and Dr. Pepper 10 (think that's the name). It's new and taste more like the real dr. pepper.
  • TinaS88
    Options
    Well they both are crap....meaning you shouldn't drink either. Anything with artificial sweetners will just enhance food cravings, plus they can cause cancer......is it really worth it to drink diet sodas. But to give you the answer you initially asked for....it would be coke zero. I miss the stuff like crazy, but I love myself more....so I don't drink it anymore.

Sadly, what doesn't cause cancer anymore? I want to be able to fully be free from soda one day, switching to diet is def. better then drinking the real stuff all the time. One step at a time :)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Coke is bad because its got loads of sugar in it. It would be best to leave it alone and replace it with anything. Not only does sugar help us to put on weight it can also be addictive making it hard for some of us to regulate how much we consume. Even if this isn't the case it is full of sugar and if you want to loose weight I would seriously ditch it and replace it with anything that hasn't got sugar it - even perhaps the stuff that kept us going for the last few thousand years - water lol . I hae diet coke and i do like it - as someone else said though it is full of crap and although I like the taste I feel better when I haven't drank any.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    water:smile:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero all the way! It's way better than Diet Coke. Coke Zero tastes very close to the real thing (to me).
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    they are identical products.

it's marketing that has created coke zero...diet coke has a more feminine brand perception, whereas coke zero is aimed at men in general.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    The difference is Coke Zero is marketed towards men. That's it.

It's suppose to sound less girly :-)
  • FULTZ10
    FULTZ10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Coke zero is so much better, but as far as diet pops go I prefer Diet Mt. Dew, even over most regular pops. Dr. Pepper 10 is also a great choice.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    coke zero tastes much better. diet coke has that diet taste
  • tanialovesgary
    Options
    Coke zero all the way yummo
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A lot of folks on here are going to tell you not to drink either. I know they are both bad for me but every now and then I want something carbonated so my favorites are:

Diet Sunkist - tastes almost exactly like original.

Coke Zero

Sprite Zero - I like to add a little crystal light.
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Diet Coke everyday, but for the last couple of years I only drink one can a week, and now it's just a special treat. If I really need that carbonation fix, I'll have sparkling water.

I prefer Coke Zero. I feel like it doesn't have the aftertaste that Diet Coke does, but of course everyone is different.

I agree with the above on Diet Dr. Pepper and A&W tasting a lot like the real thing.