Coke Zero vs Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer Coke Zero over Diet Coke. The taste is much closer to that of regular Coke.
  • mreed911
    mreed911 Posts: 25
    Options
    Diet sodas are just as bad if not worse than regular sugared sodas. Diet coke has the nasty sweet n low kind of after taste though and I can't stand that. coke zero tastes more like regular coke.

Just as bad? Really?

ZERO sugar. Sure, some effects SIMILAR to sugar and not as good for you as water, but for someone caffeine-addicted who's going to handle that separately, MUCH better.

That said, I like both but prefer Coke Zero. My preference, though, is Diet Pepsi or Dr. Pepper 10.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I think Diet Coke is horrible! I am a pepsi person myself, but both diets are unbearable. If I had to choose I would choose Zero. However I have found Diet Dr. Pepper to be almost as close to the real thing. Diet A&W is the best for me! Taste just like the real deal!!

I totally agree about the Diet Dr. Pepper. I need to buy some.
    I prefer Diet Coke over Coke Zero anyday. I can't really explain it. I don't mind a Coke Zero every now and then.
  • mandinus
    mandinus Posts: 1
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried Zevia? It's a 0 calorie soda that is sweetened with Stevia instead of sweetener!
  • barbielovesgym
    Options
    Diet sodas are just as bad if not worse than regular sugared sodas.

THIS! Too bad more people don't do their research!
  • jamielr1987
    jamielr1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing myself. As a former avid sweet tea drinker (I live in the south), I only drink coffee, milk and water at home/work, but if I go out to eat and order something spicy or anytime I eat pizza, I will go for the diet Coke. I will have to try Coke Zero now. One of my co-workers drinks several cans of it a day, but I think a couple glasses a month won't hurt me...(not anymore than stepping outside without sunscreen for a few minutes, breathing in air when I'm in the city, smelling the toxins in a salon once a month, etc.)
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I also hate Diet Coke and think Coke Zero is much closer to the original Coke. :) Pepsi Max (the Pepsi equivalent of Coke Zero) is also much closer to Pepsi than Diet Pepsi.
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    coke zero, diet sodas are yucko
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I prefer Coke Zero and the Cherry Coke Zero. But, I also sometimes switch to Pepsi Max.
  • KAR1015
    KAR1015 Posts: 1
    Options
    Since you only drink it a few times per month, I recommend Diet Pepsi with Cherry. The cherry flavor is not over the top. I think it's one of the best diet drinks, and I agree that diet coke/diet pepsi is just no good. Good luck!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I try to drink water mostly but I do prefer Coke Zero over Diet Coke. Sadly when you eat out and would like a soda the choices are limited to Diet Coke except for a few places. I also like Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Sprite. I can't stand regular sodas now. They are too sweet for me it seems.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas are just as bad if not worse than regular sugared sodas.

THIS! Too bad more people don't do their research!

too bad more people don't stop listening to bad information.
  • Lynn625
    Lynn625 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I prefer to drink Diet Coke over Coke Zero. Coke Zero has a much sweeter taste. The taste of Coke Zero is closer to Coke Classic than Diet Coke.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Actually they are not the same. Coke zero has more caffeine than diet coke. And there is a distinct taste difference.

Sorry, but you've got it backward on the caffeine.
    I actually have a can of Diet Coke and a bottle of Coke Zero sitting here and it's the other way around.
    Coke Zero has 57 mg. in 20 fl. oz. = 2.85 mg. per ounce.
    Diet Coke has 46 mg. in 12 fl. oz. = 3.83 mg per ounce.

Ingredients are a bit different, too, but only slightly.
    Diet Coke: Water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, citric acid, caffeine.
    Coke Zero: Water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium, caffeine.
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from my own experience that Diet Coke was making me sick. I was having a lot of problems with my fine motor skills -- to the point that I was having trouble typing. I did a little research and decided to cut out all diet drinks. In less than two weeks the symptoms disappeared. I have been off Diet Coke for several months now, and I have noticed that I don't crave as many sweets. Water is the best zero calorie drink out there! Don't swap one bad habit for another.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Try virgils real cola zero.. its stevia sweetened no caffeine and only 5 mg of sodium :) sold at ur local health food store. :)

If ur a dr pepper, diet rootbeer, or diet cream soda fans there are versions of those too that are good. :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    they are identical products.

it's marketing that has created coke zero...diet coke has a more feminine brand perception, whereas coke zero is aimed at men in general.

This, and it actually answer's the OP's questions, without the unsubstantiated claims about the evils of diet soft drinks. :)
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    With Pizza??
    cappacino or hot chocolate
    want soda? chinotto
    or Chianti if you want booze

your pizza is already making this a risk day.
    Workout like mad for this meal and have a proper italian drink
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    With Pizza??
    cappacino or hot chocolate
    want soda? chinotto
    or Chianti if you want booze

your pizza is already making this a risk day.
    Workout like mad for this meal and have a proper italian drink

I make a great homemade low cal pizza ... wanted something "soda like" to go with it ...
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I find with coke zero I would get awfully thirsty, and then I would feel like crap about 30-45 minutes after I drank it. Like coming down off of a sugar high. I didn't like it. The longer you go without soda, the less you miss it. If I am thirsty and sip on my husband's Dr. Pepper (my favorite soda of all time), I've found after 4 months that it doesn't taste good to me. Like it's flat or off or something. It just doesn't taste the same, in a bad way.