Coke Zero vs Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Any Pepsi/Coke products suck in my opinion. They make me feel cracked out and go to the bathroom. Plus all the weird chemicals.

I've switched over to Sparkling waters, Izze bottled drinks, & organic all natural sodas that contain no preservatives or other yuck. I LOVE carbonation but want to drink something a bit healthier. Works great so far.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Coke zero, all day long. I don't drink a lot of soda, I do water and crystal light primarily, but when I WANT a coke zero, you better clear out of my way and make it happen :)
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You would probably like coke zero better coz it tastes more like the real thing :) I LOVE Diet Coke, because it doesnt taste like the real thing! lol

^^^^^ This!!! There's something about that weird Diet Coke taste that I love! I used to be a total addict. But now I'm down to a few cans a month.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I can't stand diet coke but I can tolerate Vanilla Coke Zero. I used to drink cokes all of the time though. I am trying to only drink 2-3 of the vanilla coke zeros a week and only when I've had at least 8 glasses of water. I'm able to drink water with the Brita water bottle. Before I couldn't stand the taste of water.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    pepsi max is awesome if you want a really good diet cola. i prefer it to full sugar.

screw the people that say it's unhealthy. everything is these days. do what you want, ignore everyone else.
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Water all day every day!! Gave up soda completely 4 months ago. Never looking back!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I think they both taste like crap. I don't drink very much soda, but I've found Dr. Pepper 10 to be a good choice when I do drink one.
  • sckayce09
    sckayce09 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm not sure about Coke but i know Pepsi One does not have aspertame like Diet sodas do. and it has 0 calories! Pepsi one is sweetened with Splenda.
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Diet coke is an acquired taste. Once you get used to it then drinking reg coke or even coke zero tastes really sweet. If you want to get something that tastes closer to reg coke then go coke zero.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Diet sodas are just as bad if not worse than regular sugared sodas. Diet coke has the nasty sweet n low kind of after taste though and I can't stand that. coke zero tastes more like regular coke.

Why is it worse to have a diet soda with no calories or 'real' sugar than a full-fat soda which contains about six spoons full of sugar in it and averages out at about 130 calories a can?
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    they are identical products.

it's marketing that has created coke zero...diet coke has a more feminine brand perception, whereas coke zero is aimed at men in general.

Um, pretty sure that's not correct. I drank Diet Coke for years and now drink Coke Zero. They taste NOTHING the same, and Coke Zero tastes pretty close to the real Coke.
  • jasonthekidd
    Options
    Soda = bad for you. Doesn't matter what brand, color, taste, etc... Soda is the reason America is the most obese country in the world. The faster everyone quits, the faster we will all be healthy. I say ban all soft drinks.
  • IronPlayground
    Options
    Soda is the reason America is the most obese country in the world.

Actually, this happens because people consume too many calories overall.
  • jasonthekidd
    Options

Yup, but you have to admit soda accounts for a lot of them.
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For a diet soda, I'd recommend trying Blue Sky.
    They have some organic flavors, and the calorie free flavors use stevia (a natural no calorie sweetner)
    I think they tasted pretty good, and they have a cola flavor. :3
  • IronPlayground
    Options

Yup, but you have to admit soda accounts for a lot of them.

Yes, most heavy soda drinkers would cut a significant amount of calories out of their day by sticking to maybe one soda a day or eliminating it all together.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love my cancer causing sugar substitutes. Out of the two, I prefer Diet Coke. Coke Zero reminds me of Pepsi Max-the taste is different, but I can't really put my finger on why. Diet Mountain Dew is my favorite.

And I have to say, drinking diet soda is not what made me fat. Consuming massive quantities of baked goods and desserts and eating like my husband played the largest roles in that.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    coke zero tastes WAY better than diet coke. tastes much more like regular coke. love cherry coke zero!
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    Didnt read all this but I looked at the ingredients one time between coke zero and diet coke and they were exactly the same. SO I dont see any difference. I thought at the time coke zero would have splenda instead of nutrasweet. I cant have nutrasweet due to severe reactions i have (epileptic convulsions). when I saw they were the same ingredients I had to put it down as both have nutrasweet.

Kathie
  • BakeRunLive
    Options
    If I were you, I would stick to water. Diet sodas have artificial sweeteners that trick the body into thinking that it is getting sugar, so the body releases insulin, which can cause fat storage.