Options

Replies

• KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    With Pizza??
    cappacino or hot chocolate
    want soda? chinotto
    or Chianti if you want booze

your pizza is already making this a risk day.
    Workout like mad for this meal and have a proper italian drink

Oh wow, so glad the OP had you on hand to tell her all about her potential 'risk day'. Please tell us more on how awesome your job on the food police force is.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love all the people shaming her for drinking soda. She didn't ask you for your damn opines on whether or not soda is a good/bad thing to have. Or even seek your permission to drink it. I, personally, don't drink soda but you don't see me telling her that it's not good for her. She can drink it if she wants. Take your mother hen selves and shove it. People do what they want, how they want it, on their own terms, and it's really nobody else's damn business when everyone should have full body autonomy and control of their own lives without know-it-alls' unsolicited advice on telling them what they should and should not do.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    NO Competition: Coke Zero all the way! If you were an avid Coke Classic drinker, like Me, and tried Diet Coke...I REFUSED to drink it because it tasted NOTHING like Coke Classic. I even went to Diet Pepsi when I gave up the sugar; then, I saw the Coke Zero commercial and said OK I'll give it a try (because of My brand loyalty). WOW, the taste is exactly like Coke Classic and in fact, I refuse to drink Coke Classic because the taste is so much alike...Coke Zero is even more refreshing, I think.

ETA: For all of you who don't drink soda...so what! I don't eat pork or beef, so what. But if you do, ok. Me, if at 12 AM I am up and want to "snack" I prefer a Coke Zero to WHATEVER you choose.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    With Pizza??
    cappacino or hot chocolate
    want soda? chinotto
    or Chianti if you want booze

your pizza is already making this a risk day.
    Workout like mad for this meal and have a proper italian drink

Oh wow, so glad the OP had you on hand to tell her all about her potential 'risk day'. Please tell us more on how awesome your job in the food police force is.

Thank you! I can not stand the damn food police! Ugh!
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I love all the people shaming her for drinking soda. She didn't ask you for your damn opines on whether or not soda is a good/bad thing to have. Or even seek your permission to drink it. I, personally, don't drink soda but you don't see me telling her that it's not good for her. She can drink it if she wants. Take your mother hen selves and shove it. People do what they want, how they want it, on their own terms, and it's really nobody else's damn business when everyone should have full body autonomy and control of their own lives without know-it-alls' unsolicited advice on telling them what they should and should not do.

*Applause*.
    Someone with some sense, well thank Christ, i was beginning to lose hope. Guess what people? We're all dying really, really slowly, lawl...the goal of most of us here is to make it happen even slower...but i'll be damned if i'm living a boring life and diet soda's awesome and i'm going to drink it...and guess what? I'm having one for you too, lol. What now.
  • rahrah6459
    rahrah6459 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hate Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi

Can tolerate Coke Zero, Pepsi Max and Pepsi One

LOVE Diet Dr Pepper, Diet Root Beer, Sprite Zero and Diet Dr Thunder(Wal-Mart's version of DP)
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Soda is the reason America is the most obese country in the world.

Actually, this happens because people consume too many calories overall.

Yup, but you have to admit soda accounts for a lot of them.

Totally agree ... if everyone logged their calories, they'd probably be shocked at how many calories they drank in a day ...

Im not sure why I even went back to drinking soda ... I quit completely while I was pregnant ... and it's no a MUST have now .. just a nice to have sometimes ..
  • mamabear0222
    Options

Well thank you. I dont even really drink it, like I said maybe one or 2 a month. Just was curious about these 2 products.
    I dont like the taste of aspertame at all ...

And for what it's worth, I totally expected the "soda is bad for you and aspertame is evil" .. it's nothing Im not aware of so I'm not offended :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    go with diet, zero tastes like crap
  • chicken_adobo
    Options
    there's more caffeine in Diet Coke. IIRC, ~80g/bottle for diet coke and ~55g/bottle for Coke Zero.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero contains aspartame and tastes more like regular coke than Diet Coke, which contains saccharine. If you must have soda, you may want to try the Zevia sodas, which contain stevia. They're a little pricey and harder to find, but I'm convinced they're not as bad for you as the others.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I find with coke zero I would get awfully thirsty, and then I would feel like crap about 30-45 minutes after I drank it. Like coming down off of a sugar high. I didn't like it. The longer you go without soda, the less you miss it. If I am thirsty and sip on my husband's Dr. Pepper (my favorite soda of all time), I've found after 4 months that it doesn't taste good to me. Like it's flat or off or something. It just doesn't taste the same, in a bad way.

Mine was not shaming you for soda. If I had to pick between the two, diet coke didn't make me feel like crap like coke zero did. Sorry for not staying on topic though!
  • rferguson0280
    rferguson0280 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *in reply to the people who think Diet Coke and Coke Zero are the same thing just marketed toward different genders.

This is false. The formulas and flavors are different. Yes they are marketed differently but it is because Diet Coke always had the persona of being a "woman's drink", but they are two different drinks. The similarity is that they both contain 0 calories.

In response to original question, people will tell you water is better, but realistically having a soda every now and then is not bad and for me it actually satisfies my sugar craving. I tend to have one a day around dinner time, because that is when I tend to get my sugar craving. I used to drink diet coke in attempt to cut calories, but I switched to Coke Zero and I LOVE it. As a matter of fact most of the Zero line is good.
  • mseraf713
    mseraf713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is the diet version of miserable failure "New Coke" launched in the 80's Coke Zero is the diet version of Coca Cola Classic
  • mamabear0222
    Options
    I find with coke zero I would get awfully thirsty, and then I would feel like crap about 30-45 minutes after I drank it. Like coming down off of a sugar high. I didn't like it. The longer you go without soda, the less you miss it. If I am thirsty and sip on my husband's Dr. Pepper (my favorite soda of all time), I've found after 4 months that it doesn't taste good to me. Like it's flat or off or something. It just doesn't taste the same, in a bad way.

Mine was not shaming you for soda. If I had to pick between the two, diet coke didn't make me feel like crap like coke zero did. Sorry for not staying on topic though!

no offence taken at all!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Soda was invented in 1767. So it's been around for a few hundred years. I'm not so sure we can lay our sudden obesity claim at soda's feet. I much prefer to blame the fact that we have become extremely sedentary, due to advances in technology that allow us to be. Soda currently makes up about 7% of the Average American's daily calories, or a bit under 200 calories a day. While cutting back on soda could certainly help some people, completely eliminating it would not actually have a significant effect on the overall problem.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    for some reason i like the regular diet coke better than coke zero
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Soda was invented in 1767. So it's been around for a few hundred years. I'm not so sure we can lay our sudden obesity claim at soda's feet. I much prefer to blame the fact that we have become extremely sedentary, due to advances in technology that allow us to be. Soda currently makes up about 7% of the Average American's daily calories, or a bit under 200 calories a day. While cutting back on soda could certainly help some people, completely eliminating it would not actually have a significant effect on the overall problem.

^^^ Agreed! I think the higher obesity rates correspond with the start of the technological revolution!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero contains aspartame and tastes more like regular coke than Diet Coke, which contains saccharine. If you must have soda, you may want to try the Zevia sodas, which contain stevia. They're a little pricey and harder to find, but I'm convinced they're not as bad for you as the others.
    Diet Coke doesn't use saccharin, it uses aspartame. Coke Zero uses a mixture of aspartame and acesulfame potassium for sweetness. Also, Diet Coke uses citric acid, while Coke Zero uses potassium citrate.
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Don't drink soda that often but sometimes I have a taste for a Coke. I can't stand any diet sodas but coke zero is decent. I would rather drink a regular coke but coke zero has no calories!