5'8" Ladies? Weight goal?

Options

Replies

• nalanisheils
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 like many ladies on here. My goal is 170. I have a large frame and carry my weight in my hips, thighs and boobs. I look back at pics of me pre-babies at 175 and think I look awesome. That is my goal, 68 lbs from where I am now. Once I'm anywhere close I'll re-evaluate .
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Im 5 ft 9 and I think I currently weigh from 136 - 138.

I think my aim at the moment is to get my body fat lower, I need to learn to not worry about the scale (As everyone keeps telling me) My goal for 2014 is to lose body fat and build lots of muscle, I am starting on my arms, then stomach, then thighs - Profile pic is of me now only just really starting to lift
  • jsbrooke
    jsbrooke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "last 5-10" land where focusing on lowering body fat seems a more sustaining goal. Has anyone had success with yoga as a part of the pie?
  • juniormints74
    juniormints74 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a small frame...125 lbs./130 lbs. is most comfortable for me, so I'm aiming to get back down to that.
  • sleepawaycamp
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently just under 160. My highest weight was around 190 and my lowest about 140. I'm gonna try to go even lower to about 120.
  • xmarykaterose
    xmarykaterose Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8.5 and my current weight is 140... goal weight is 125. :)
  • pastpoisons
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently I weigh 155 and I want to weight around 130
  • lauranordersvu
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I want to get back down to 58kgs, this is the weight I feel my best at :) I'm currently closer to 70kg. (Fluctuate from about 67-70kgs depending on when I weigh myself etc.)

So in pounds my goal weight is : 127
    and my current weight is: 152
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 199, and I want to get down to 150...And we'll see how I feel then. I'm doing better at keeping track of my meals, now I just need to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet. lol
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" currently weigh 112,5 lbs. My goal is 110. I know it might seem low but i am one of those people that look better at smaller weight :)
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am just a little over 5'7'' and my goal weight is 130 lbs for now. Anything around 125 would be nice for summer as well. :)
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5ft 7 and I would be happy at 147 - 154lb.

Some peoples goals seem very low - I know everyone has different body composition, but I was 126lb when I was 16 years old, but at that time I was rowing 6 days a week & burning huge amounts of calories. My mother thought I had an eating disorder, because I was very thin and I had lost any 'curves' I had. Even I felt too thin at that stage. I can't imagine my weight being even lower than 126lb

I'm now 36 and although I want to slim down & tone up - I really hope I can hang on to some hips & boobs.
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    5'8". 150 for now, 140 eventually...
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Another vote for 160. I'd be way too skinny at 140!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Another vote for 160. I'd be way too skinny at 140!

Ditto! I'm aiming for somewhere between 160 and 170, or a UK 12-14 (I think that's a US 8-10?). I'm built like a tank and build muscle comparatively easily for a girl, so my actual weight may be higher than it looks.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5ft 7 and I would be happy at 147 - 154lb.

Some peoples goals seem very low - I know everyone has different body composition, but I was 126lb when I was 16 years old, but at that time I was rowing 6 days a week & burning huge amounts of calories. My mother thought I had an eating disorder, because I was very thin and I had lost any 'curves' I had. Even I felt too thin at that stage. I can't imagine my weight being even lower than 126lb

I'm now 36 and although I want to slim down & tone up - I really hope I can hang on to some hips & boobs.

Most people who are aiming for a relatively low goal are anywhere from 18 to 25.
    Of course when you get a little older it's normal that a higher weight is perfectly fine and healthy for you.
    But for me for example, I weigh 146 and my doctor tells me that I am still a little too fat and that I do need to lose weight.
    And I see that. I am way chubbier than other girls at my age and height.

I also noticed that for example in America, the standard of being "thin" is way different than in many other countries.
    I studied a year abroad in America and there I was considered thin. I gained a good 10 pounds and when I came back to germany, I was simply considered FAT and unhealthy (and I mean by social standards as well as my doctors point of view).
  • ottilieziv
    ottilieziv Posts: 5 Member
    Options

It is amazing how much we all vary in body shape and composition - I'm only trimming a few lbs to get my bf% down to a good level to start a slow lean bulk (5' 9" and aged 34, aiming for 126lb and currently 128lb from a max of 138) and while I may not ever have much in the way of boobage I've always had a substantial butt and hips. This was true even when I was at my lightest ever (about 107lbs) when I was suffering from a major depressive episode around the age of 20. I'm a pretty muscular mesomorph, so I'm a long way from being boney - I can see a few ribs but not much else, it's all hidden under muscle :tongue:
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I`m currently at 145, and aiming for 135! I was at that weight last year and looked my best, it`s just so hard getting back to it.
  • missfirework_
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7 and a half, currently 142.8Ibs & my goal is 112Ibs. Long way to go!
  • XLMACX
    XLMACX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8.5 weight 162 goal to get too 133, I got to 136 before but even at that weight I was still size 12 on bottom half grrrr x