Biggest Loser is back :D

Options

Replies

• shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Hope you don't mind me chiming in on your discussion, but I love the Biggest Loser. Remind me again who "vicky" is that you're comparing contestants to? I've seen most of the seasons but one, so may have missed or forgotten her. I loved Danny last year. He was so sweet. I couldn't believe the before and after at the finale. He looked like a completely different person! I haven't decided who my favorite is yet for this season, but the show is very motivating. Thanks for the great topic!

Vicky was the one on the purple team last season with Coach Mo. She fainted on the beach the first day and was taken to the hospital.

That was Tracey last season. Vickie was on the Couples verison a couple seasons ago with her husband. Her and Heba had an alliance.
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    I love Tuesday nights!!!!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm so bummed - My local NBC channel has decided that KU basketball is more important than the Biggest Loser - Makes me not happy!! They will replay the Biggest Loser it at 1:00 in the morning!!!:cry::sad: So I have to set my DVR and I don't get to watch it until tomorrow, so unfair!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I love Tuesday nights!!!!

Me too...me too!!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm so bummed - My local NBC channel has decided that KU basketball is more important than the Biggest Loser - Makes me not happy!! They will replay the Biggest Loser it at 1:00 in the morning!!!:cry::sad: So I have to set my DVR and I don't get to watch it until tomorrow, so unfair!

I always DVR and watch it the next morning. My husband has control of the remote, and I am getting kids to bed. He doesn't like my "fat people show" I think it just makes him feel guilty. :smile: I am excited to watch it tomorrow though.
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    That's the best part. I usually start watching an hour into the show that way I can fast forward through commercials. :laugh:
  • jaune
    jaune Posts: 29
    Options
    I AGREE
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have come to really love the DVR, now whenever there is a commercial I go to fast forward, even if I have not taped it. Sometimes that is a bummer moment...:blushing:
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    I really don't like the red team!!!! :mad:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :noway: Ooooh I thought Red Husband was going to hit Bob last night! I LOVE the previews for next week.

Red Husband: You called her a liar in front of AMERICA
    Jillian: That's because she LIED!

:laugh: :laugh: Man I can't wait until weigh in to see what she ends up losing/gaining!!!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think that it is going to be the red team that is going to be full of drama this season. I think I like them better than a few of the others. Whew there was lots of drama and emotion this week!
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Argh! They are definitely picking a team for drama every season.:frown:
    I despise the game play aspect, but that isn't what bothered me most...I agree with Bob and Jillian that it is so disprespectful to all the people who didn't make it and everyone there who is working so hard to continuosly throw weigh ins. Isn't the goal of the show to *lose* weight!?!? No one has ever gone 3 weeks and lost less than10 pounds (or whatever her week 1 loss was). Alison's face was priceless. She usually doesn't seem to react but she definitely seemed as upset as Bob and Jillian at the blatant lies that woman was telling. I was screaming at the TV! :laugh: Can't wait for next week! There is no way she goes down to 186 (where they show the scale stopping) 28 pounds in 1 week!?! If she does,she must have been adding weights to her shoes!!!
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying about the red team. Did you all see when Lance snatched his shirt back out of Bobs hands??!! They just seem really ungrateful for the help that Bob & Jillian have been giving them. If I was Lance I would be very embarassed at the way my wife was acting & carrying on.

What about Jillian breaking down Migdalia on the green team and getting through that tough attitude. Jillian may have went over the line saying Migdalia's 9yo daughter is going to end up fat just like her and her mother.
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    I can't wait to see their faces when the Blue Team and Yellow Team show up! :drinker:
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Argh! They are definitely picking a team for drama every season.:frown:
    I despise the game play aspect, but that isn't what bothered me most...I agree with Bob and Jillian that it is so disprespectful to all the people who didn't make it and everyone there who is working so hard to continuosly throw weigh ins. Isn't the goal of the show to *lose* weight!?!? No one has ever gone 3 weeks and lost less than10 pounds (or whatever her week 1 loss was). Alison's face was priceless. She usually doesn't seem to react but she definitely seemed as upset as Bob and Jillian at the blatant lies that woman was telling. I was screaming at the TV! :laugh: Can't wait for next week! There is no way she goes down to 186 (where they show the scale stopping) 28 pounds in 1 week!?! If she does,she must have been adding weights to her shoes!!!

being there is about losing weight of course, but if you dont do what ya gotta do then u end up going home and then u dont have the biggest loser anymore. her # didnt matter this week or last so now she has the opportunity to lose a big # next week and keep them there longer. thats what its about.....staying on the ranch as long as possible. after all, it is just a game. she better just hope that her plotting and scheming doesnt come back to bite her in the *kitten* this week. lol, what if they get immunity again this week!!! its only week 3, personalities are just starting to come out so who knows what people are gonna be like. the person to be pist at is the white guy, not the red team. the white guy needs it more than anyone because hes soooo big and unhealthy and hes not really even doing anything.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    the red team is definitely "in it to win it" - she's throwing weigh ins, and if she thinks she's fooling Bob, Jillian, the show, the viewers, they are sadly mistaken. If Bob and Jillian said NOTHING we would all still know she was doing it. They just drink a TON of water before the weigh in to counter-act their real weight loss results.. I'm sure we'll see some "shocking" results next week when she loses a ton of weight. I was proud of the gray team for keeping the integrity (sp) of the weight loss - keep doing your best through the whole show. I think that's why one of my favorite contestants was Tara, since she ALWAYS worked at it. She didn't throw weigh ins, and that's something to be proud of. I liked the point Ali made, had gray team switched the red team would have been screwed- and she would have gone home. Too bad they didn't do that.
  • moonflower
    moonflower Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A big "I agree!" with Mina. The gray team definitely won my respect this week for their work ethic. They had immunity and could have slacked off to save the big numbers for next week, but they are in it to change their lives. I also agreed with their assessment of Michael on the white team. I was thinking the same thing watching him in the workout room. He doesn't really have his heart in it yet, and making the excuses for aches and pains, and everyone else being so flexible was just nonsense, Especially when the twin (sorry I forget his name...John, Jim?) weighs almost as much as Michael and is icing his knees down daily so that he can keep working away at it. It's funny, because when the show first started I really thought I would end up rooting for the white team because he was the biggest contestant. But now he's coming across as kind of spoiled. I hope the gray team's message wakes him up and really motivates him to get in the game and start fighting like he means it. And I thought Jillian was brave to tackle the green team. Personally, I think they're kind of scary (attitude)! LOL! My DVR cut off before the next week's previews so I missed that part. Darn!
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    Question...I just started watching this show with last year's season (the one with Shay, Danny, etc.) and
    have become addicted to it.

I can find some episodes on youtube, but why hasn't NBC come out with a dvd set from the previous
    seasons?

I'd probably use all of my vacation time, lock myself in my house and watch all of the seasons non-stop
    until I've seen them all.

Doug
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sometimes Bravo or Fox Reality Channel will show marathons of past seasons...
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Question...I just started watching this show with last year's season (the one with Shay, Danny, etc.) and
    have become addicted to it.

I can find some episodes on youtube, but why hasn't NBC come out with a dvd set from the previous
    seasons?

I'd probably use all of my vacation time, lock myself in my house and watch all of the seasons non-stop
    until I've seen them all.

Doug

I've been wondering the same thing and looking everywhere for them!