• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    . :laugh: Same with Orange son, cut his hair & he'd lose 3lbs. :tongue:

LOL - I was thinking the same thing!!! -
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I agree with Nelski - I felt for Migdalia, if she wanted to be home with husband before he was deployed overseas, BUT, then why be on the show?! Give someone else that WANTS to be there a chance!! Red team wife was just deceitful and mean. I think that's why I can't stand her. Knew they'd give that check mark for immunity to her too... I liked what Jillian said, She HAD to lose some this week... Probably couldn't drink 18 pounds of water! LOL! So happy that Michael lost 15 pounds! Way to go! and I think my fav team is definitely the Gray team- I just want to hug those guys, they are so cute and I would be so proud if they were my family - they have the integrity to take it to the end, I also liked the little purple gal- can't recall her name. I think she did a wonderful job sticking to it, just wish we saw more of her on the show, instead of the beastly red "lady." As for the green team, I hope that Miggy can befriend some housemates, so that she knows people are out there rooting for her and her daughter to succeed. That's what I want for people on the show- I want them to lose weight. I think her "underdog" attitude wasn't really serving her very well- she is stronger and better than that. I think she just didn't want Migdalia to show any "weakness" to the enemy. I think her daughter has more heart and spirit and soul than that red team ever dreamt of having. COURAGE!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    so...which team do you guys think is going to be the ones to come back the yellow or the other ones (I think they were blue??)
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    When red team won immunity, I was so mad!!!! Then in the challenge they were neck and neck with gray and I was screaming, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and then gray won and all was right again with the world. As for the green team. I think
    they should have made an exception and sent them both home! Red team is playing the game, but the green team is just full of attitude! I was hoping that Miggy would've gotten the last vote. I think Migdelia would've done better without her mother there to tell her "Don't cry, don't let them see you cry." That's the root of her problem right there. She bottles up everything and it reflects on the scale.

I think blue team is going to be the one to come back to the ranch. Can't wait for next week!!!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Red team is stupid. As if the rest of the country doesn't think southerners are stupid enough already. Thanks, guys. Way to represent. Why don't you knock out a few teeth, smoke some meth, and then go talk to your local news field reporter about how the "tornader that flipped mah trailer sounded lak a freight train!" while you're at it?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SturgeonGal
    Options
    On last weeks show there was a Recipie that Curtis Stone made of Chicken Catchatore.... Did anyone happen to write it down or have a healthy recipie like it... I can't find it on the web site and I think it might be something my family would enjoy.... I know this is indirectly related to the show... LOL

Thanks ...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    On last weeks show there was a Recipie that Curtis Stone made of Chicken Catchatore.... Did anyone happen to write it down or have a healthy recipie like it... I can't find it on the web site and I think it might be something my family would enjoy.... I know this is indirectly related to the show... LOL

Thanks ...

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-660-Weight-Loss-Examiner~y2010m1d19-Curtis-Stones-Biggest-Loser-chicken-cacciatore-recipe

Chicken Cacciatore

(from The Biggest Loser, season 9)

2 teaspoons olive oil
    Four 4-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 cup onion, sliced thin
    1 clove garlic, chopped fine
    1 red bell pepper, cut into medium dice
    2 cups button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
    1/4 cup red wine
    2 cups Muir Glen diced fire roasted tomatoes (sodium free)
    1 sprig thyme
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
    1 tablespoon chopped parsley
    5 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
    1 cup steamed brown rice to serve

Heat a large saucepot over medium high heat and add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan.

Season the chicken with pepper and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate and add the remaining oil to the pan.

Saute the onions for 3 minutes stirring constantly, then add the garlic and bell peppers. Cook the garlic and peppers for 2 minutes and add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 4 minutes stirring often. Add the red wine and allow to reduce until almost dry. Add the tomatoes to the pot and stir well. Add the thyme, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to the simmer and reduce heat to low.

Add the chicken back to the sauce and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in all but one pinch of the parsley.

To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of brown rice onto the center of a serving plate. Place one portion of chicken on top of the rice and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over the chicken, repeat with remaining plates. Sprinkle a little of the chopped olives and remaining parsley over each plate of chicken and serve.

Makes 4 servings.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    YUMMM that recipe looks so good i'll be making that soon.

For those of you who can't get enough TBL here is a link to Tara Costa's blog about the episode, she blogs each week, always interesting to read from the perspective of a person who has been through it.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/01/27/taras-biggest-loser-blog-drama-at-the-weigh-in/
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I lied- there aren't re-runs of shows on GSN, they're on FLN. oops! Sorry!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I hope Miggy and the red team get into a brawl at 24 hr fitness next week.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    The only thing missing is he's just not crazy enough to be my father. :tongue: And also, I can't understand half of what my dad says these days. He speaks in garbled southern old man speak a lot of the time. "Okay, dad!" *smile and nod*

That just made me laugh! "Garbled southern old man speak"! :laugh: :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The only thing missing is he's just not crazy enough to be my father. :tongue: And also, I can't understand half of what my dad says these days. He speaks in garbled southern old man speak a lot of the time. "Okay, dad!" *smile and nod*

That just made me laugh! "Garbled southern old man speak"! :laugh: :laugh:

It's the only way to describe it, really. God only knows what I've agreed to in conversations with him over the last few years. :laugh:
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I'm a little worried that one of the dads is going to have to leave the show from a heart attack or something- I hate the previews that make you worry! ;(
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm a little worried that one of the dads is going to have to leave the show from a heart attack or something- I hate the previews that make you worry! ;(
    I hope it's nothing too serious and it's usually not, they just like to leave us hanging like that so we watch next week's episode.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I know it's for the drama effect - but they showed the ambulance, and then they said there would be no elimination that week, and everyone was in tears, and then Ali asked if anyone had any comments or anything they'd like to say... just didn't sound like there would be good news, and I really like all the dad's on there, with the exception of the red team. But I would never wish a health problem on anyone, and regardless of how I feel about that red team (I don't think the husband is HALF as conniving as the wife), they are still parents to children, and I wouldn't want their kids to be without a parent.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    I thought she said there would be *no deliberation* so one of the single member teams must drop below? Just what I thought I heard.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    just wasn't sure if it was that, or for a medical reason someone left (not of their own choosing).
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    I figured that "no deliberation" comment meant that it was either Brown, White, Green, or Purple (the teams with only one player left). I don't think it was purple b/c I thought I saw her there crying in line with the others while Alison was saying to say your goodbyes. Hope it wasn't Michael because he seems to have gotten in gear this week. I feel bad for him b/c I can sense that he really doesn't want to do this. He'd rather be home on the couch with a pizza... : / I can relate.

As for red team, I agree with everyone here and LOL'd at the comment about southern people talking to reporters about the tornado soundin like a freight train! hahahha! too funny! However, to be honest, I would have done the same as her - drank a bunch of water before the weigh-in where I had immunity. I just would've owned it at the weigh-in instead of lying to everyone. You know how bad it sucks, lying. You have to keep building and building on the lie to preserve your appearance of "integrity," meanwhile you just dig the hole deeper and deeper! Felt bad for her husband b/c if my husband were lying, I'd defend him to the world, knowing full well he was lying. I'm real damn sick of them winning challenges tho. Once they had immunity from the card challenge, they shouldn't have acted like they just HAD to win the next challenge - give other people a chance, sheesh!

I felt bad for green b/c they are obviously tough and great competitors! Their big weakness is that attitude.

LOVE the grey team and wish those guys were in my family! I do hope one of them wins the title.

Felt so sorry for purple, lapping everyone and never getting a damn check mark! Poor thing! But she will be the better for it and will last a long time, I think. She is already looking great!
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    oh, and I figured the ambulance was for Michael or Jim - not sure why I assumed that, something must've made me think that...
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    I really want RED team gone!!! I agree with Jillian, she is lying about playing the "game".:mad: