Biggest Loser is back :D

Options

Replies

• shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    with all the commercials they do on the show, there shouldn't be that many commercial breaks!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone: sad to see brown go, would rather it had been one of the red team :devil: On the other hand, I wasn't too attached to the brown team. I would've been way more sad to see White or Purple go.

WAY TOO MUCH ADVERTISING for yoplait, ziplock, extra gum, etc. Gimme a break! Every time they are in the kitchen, I know what's coming: a commercial. And Bob and Jillian handle it exactly like any other training tip. Give me a break! Then when the contestents talk about it in those little "solo sessions" where they are in front of the camera talking about their feelings and how they'd never realized it could be so easy to lose weight until they found out about yoplait! haha!

I would like to see more tips and training on food (so long as it doesn't include an advertisment!).

Only if the apple industry pays the network to talk about an apple! I mean seriously, in the beginning they would talk about veggies and fruits and whole grains.....now the only option for a snack is a frozen yogurt/berrie/smoothie mix. Give me a break!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I think the commercials are funny. They are just so gosh darn awkwardly placed. It's kind of like The Truman Show with Jim Carrey. Random, awkward product placement. I giggle every time.

Just to give BL credit, I don't think there was much product placement for the chili they made. That stuff looked awesome!
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It did look yummy. I have tried some of their other recipes and they have been pretty good as well.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Just to give BL credit, I don't think there was much product placement for the chili they made. That stuff looked awesome!

Jennie-O ground turkey much?

I make an awesome chili, too. with 96% lean ground BEEF. So, you know, it has a WHOPPING 10 calories more per serving than if I used 99% fat free Jennie-O turkey. :wink:

The only reason I buy ground turkey vs. very lean ground beef sometimes is because of the price.
  • schlieffen
    Options
    The ad that got me was the ziploc bags. Wow, you can store stuff in them!!! :noway: I never would have thought of that, thanks Biggest Loser! /sarcasm
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    I was so hoping Red Team was going to fall below! Oh well, there's always next week. But I saw that they are weighing in as "singles" so it's anyone's game.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    oh, I didn't catch that, Jason. Let's hope Ms. Red falls below! haha! Actually, it doesn't bother me that she took advantage of her immunity and "threw the weigh-in." I would have done the same. What bugs me about her is that every single competition, she just "has" to win. And then when she said she was disappointed in her husband for only losing 4 lbs! Man, what a loving wife! (sarcasm)

Schlieffen - hahaha! never woulda thought to store stuff in a ziploc! too cute :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    oh, I didn't catch that, Jason. Let's hope Ms. Red falls below! haha! Actually, it doesn't bother me that she took advantage of her immunity and "threw the weigh-in." I would have done the same. What bugs me about her is that every single competition, she just "has" to win. And then when she said she was disappointed in her husband for only losing 4 lbs! Man, what a loving wife! (sarcasm)

Schlieffen - hahaha! never woulda thought to store stuff in a ziploc! too cute :laugh:

:noway: you STORE.....STUFF.....IN...........ZIPLOCK...........BAGS!!! :noway:

whew that is amazing :laugh:
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Mrs. Red--why is there someone on every biggest loser that we love to hate and rejoice to see go. What unkind words come out of her mouth!! Do these people ever think of what millions of people who see and hear them think. Get a little social conscience.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Red--why is there someone on every biggest loser that we love to hate and rejoice to see go. What unkind words come out of her mouth!! Do these people ever think of what millions of people who see and hear them think. Get a little social conscience.

Hey all, been awol from this forum for last little while but have been watching BL.

I totally agree, Mrs Red. I mean how many years have millions of people been watching this show.
    You do not lose just 1 lb or 0 in the beginning. Many weeks in yes, where your body does some plateauing.
    I saw her face, and her expression at that 1st weigh in. I'm 100% sure she drank water as a game play and agree, I think we all would or at least think about it. She even smirked when they called her on it.
    She lied the 1st time, but after the 2nd time (as someone else commented). she had to keep it going, which meant she was digging herself a deeper hole. Bob and Jillian knew it was game play, and the lier couldn't come to reality that she got caught.

Grey team, great bunch of guys. Sam I think will go very far.
    Purple Stephanie will do very well.

I don't see either person from pink doing well, Ashley still has the lazy mentality.

Green, Miggy.. She's one tough woman and should do well. her daughter has problems.

Black. Think they'll be middle of pack, won't stick out much.

White - michael.. ayeee oooh, Big guy, his legs are huge. His mom leaving is probably the best thing for him. Bit of mamma's boy perhaps?

Speaking of legs. Brown team. They are so heavy, and seems that 75% was in their top half, skinny legs in comparison to michael and other big men on BL.

Orange, I'd like to see Daris succeed, and can't wait to see what that guy looks like at makeover when they chop off that hair.

Watch out for O'Neal. I think he'll surprise alot of people. His intensity is awesome in some of those exercises. Especially once he get's a week or two on the ranch under his belt.

My picks this season are :
    Top guy Sam - grey
    Top gal Stephanie - purple.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

I know, that just killed me. .. ."I'm disappointed IN" my husband vs. "I'm disappointed FOR" my husband. Big difference! I know that there have been several marriages created from BL. . .do you think there could be a divorce. . .because, at least with the editing, that relationship seems a bit off to me. (benefit of the doubt due to what can be done with editing.)

Miggy won me back in two ways: crying her eyeballs out and walking the day after surgery. That is a tough cookie.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

:noway: you STORE.....STUFF.....IN...........ZIPLOCK...........BAGS!!! :noway:

whew that is amazing :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    so, I tried to watch the re-run of Tuesday's episode on FLN last night, but it was on at 9 again, so watched all the way through the red weigh in, and then fell asleep again. I just can't stay up that late, when I have to get up early in the morning! I wanted to see Miggy's weigh in and John (I think that's the brown guy's name?) weigh in too. Even though I know brown went home, I still wanted to see the weigh in. He looked nervous when they showed him while the other contestants were weighing in.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    LOL! I'm about to start a TBL drinking game, where you have to take a drink every time they have their stupid commercials! I knew as soon as that girl (Amanda?) lingered at the desert cooler that it was going to be a commercial for Extra Gum/Yoplait Yogurt/Yoplait Smoothies. But I laughed out loud when Bob pulled out the gum and she's talking to the camera about how Extra Sugar-Free Gum is really a great solution for her life! hahah
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Oh, happy day! :bigsmile:
    Someone's scale manipulation and weight loss games bit her in the a**!!! :bigsmile:
    Happy, happy day!!!

But, WHO in the world could stack the teams so unfairly!?!
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    ok, after the first 20 minutes, I didn't see any more of those little in-show promos! So much for my drinking game :wink:

I was shocked at the outcome and who fell below the red line. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen this week's episode, but I was SHOCKED!! Shocked by the numbers on the scale and by the elimination.....

It is really making me wonder if Red girl was actually playing the game or not when she didn't lose on the weeks she had immunity. Maybe some people just can't lose weight the way most people do? I agree with Jillian that calorie deficits make everyone lose weight, so this just doesn't make sense!

Or is it possible that this week's eliminated player wanted to make sure they were lower on the percentage board than another player? Perhaps it was a way to secure someone else's continuation at the ranch. The eliminated player's little speech at the end made me think that might be the case.

What do you guy think?
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :sad: :sad: no Idol or Biggest Loser for me..............I fell asleep!!:brokenheart: :sad:
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    :sad: :sad: no Idol or Biggest Loser for me..............I fell asleep!!:brokenheart: :sad:

Send me a message if you want me to tell you all that happened :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice that during Miggy's weigh in, during her little side interview where they make comments while they're on their way to the scale, Miggy looked like she had a makeover! She had makeup on, her hair down and bangs! She looked so pretty! I wonder if the editing people made a mistake by throwing that in there a few weeks early!

And on the pink daughter, what was that that she had stuck to her ribs during the weigh in? It was just below her sports bra, on her side...didn't look like a mic pack as no one else had one on.

I notice too much of the little stuff. :laugh: