How many kids do YOU want? :)

Options

Replies

• Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Considering we've had infertility problems (my husband and I), I'd settle on just having one. Ideally though, I'd love 3 - in any mixture I could get them - boys, girls, or boys and girls. Wouldn't matter to me! :) I like this thread!
  • fatima147
    fatima147 Posts: 85
    Options
    i would love to have 3, i girl and 2 twin boys! can have 4 but i wont be able to handle!! ;)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    one is enough for me, he's amazing.
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would love to have 2 children. A boy and a girl, but whatever I am blessed to have would make me happy. DH and I are trying to have a child so whatever happens, happens.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Ideally, I'd love 7. Stopping just short of that though.
  • halhix
    halhix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We have 6 daughters. I wouldn't mind having another little one. However, to keep my wife sane, I'm fixed. :happy:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I wanted one, I ended up with 3. The second oops turned out to be twins. :laugh:

I love em all though. Our house is organized chaos. :drinker:
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    I have 7, 4 boys and 3 girls........boy, girl, boy girl, boy, girl, boy.....They are all grown now, youngest will be 25 this year, oldest will be 44........I was scorned after my third, but so glad that I accepted the challenge to care for all that were sent....I love each one, and can not imagine how life could have been without them all..... My joy! Each one a special individual adding many gifts and talents to our troubled world!!!

I wouldn't have traded my experiences for all the money in the world......I am indeed rich, not in the temporal sense, but rich beyond measure.

This brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful :flowerforyou:
  • Teresa3612
    Teresa3612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have two "kids," ages 22 and 24, both boys. Or should I say men? I am ready for grandchildren that I can spoil rotten and then send home:laugh:

I always wanted a little girl, but I think God knew what he was doing. If we had a daughter, my husband would have spoiled her rotten. He already does it with our nieces.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys- 8 and 3. I would love to try for a girl in a cpl years. But if it's not, 3 is it lol.
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    hlp423:
    none ;D I'm 37 and people STILL tell me " Oh, you will change your mind some day!!". I've been hearing this since I was 12 years old. Maybe by the time Im 60 people will stop saying it lol.

I feel your pain! I also knew from a young age I didn't want children, but people are adamant you'll change your mind. It really offends some people to think that a woman never wants kids!
  • HondaGuy30102
    Options
    Awwe... My heart goes out to you. I've seen some couples try for years, and when it finally happens it's the greatest feeling ever. Trying without results can be devastating, and sometimes discouraging. But keep at it and your prayers will be answered. Stay strong! I wish you and your partner all the best. :)

But trying is just so much fun...... ;)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    We just have our son, it would have been nice to try for another, but my health issues would make it dangerous for both me and the baby if we were to try again... All well, I find delight in other peoples babies and I'm pretty much bulletproof now to those scornful women who preach to me about how wrong it is to raise a single child... Lol, there are more out there than you may think.

There's always adoption.
  • mrsmarion2b
    Options
    I have one (3 months old) and that's it, I am done! No more!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Between 0-2. But I got at least 7+ years maybe before I even think about having at least one.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    ZERO!!!! :drinker:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    2 girls. before i had kid 4.....after my tiny napolion kept me up last night 0.....lol :bigsmile:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    ZERO.

I have a cat and want a dog or two.
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    my husband and i want 4<3 and were halfway there lol we have twins a boy and a girl that will be 3yrs old in august .
    yes their a handful and i may be a little crazy but i want two more lol. love them so much
    ;-)
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I wanted four or five kids initially, but I have three little girls. Four, two, and nine months. I always wanted little girls, and I wanted them to be close in age as my brother and I are five years apart. I would have liked to have a little boy as well, but it's not gonna happen. My husband got snipped!

Also, we're both in school working on our undergraduate degrees and I don't think we would want to start back over in five or six years. My mom joked that I was young enough to be on a reality show if we kept going, but it sure gets expensive lol