How many kids do YOU want? :)

Options

Replies

• mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have 5! 3 girls and 2 boys! Their ages are 13,11,8,7, and 2 and a half. We always wanted 4 but we got a bonus baby and I wouldn't trade him for anything! All five are truly amazing gifts! They inspire me to become healthier so I can be a better mom to them!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 but definitely want at least one girl - I'm very girly! I've told future hubby I won't stop until I get a girl but I really hope I don't end up with 8 boys and still trying for a girl!

My family has three girls then a boy, his family has three boys then three girls. So maybe after three of the same sex, the fourth would be the opposite.

My mom always really wanted a girl. She and my dad got married young and had 3 boys. When my brothers were 11,15 and 19 she accidentally got pregnant with me. The whole pregnancy she wouldnt find out my gender because she was afraid I'd be another boy. She thought she was nuts having a baby at 40 but she finally got her girl.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I want 3: a boy, a girl, and A WITNESS! If I get a boy and a girl in the first 2 tries, I'll probably adopt a third and maaaaaybe a fourth, because there are just so many kids stuck in the foster system who need a home... even within Canada, and especially the older kids. Imagine how hard it is to be 18, ageing out of the system, with no mom or dad or even siblings there to support you as you get through those early years of adulthood and achieve independence.

My girlfriends with kids all say, "Oh, you'll stop at two. After the second one, I couldn't stand the thought of having any more! Two is enough!" I am adamant, though. I want no less than 3. I grew up as the younger of two kids, and it always seemed like we were in direct competition with each other, because there was no tie-breaker. It was always youngest versus eldest, girl versus boy. We're okay now, but I don't want a repeat of that sibling dynamic, when I have kids.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Two---a son (age 20) and a daughter (age 16). Odd fact: both my husband and I come from families with a boy first, and then a girl. My kids also are also almost precisely the years/months apart as my brother and me.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I have 2. one of each... I'd like to have 2 more... one of each again... but God has to send my husband... :)
  • jkt69
    jkt69 Posts: 11
    Options
    I wanted a lot of babies but only 2 older kids lol. I love babies and find them so easy (tiring but very easy to care for) toddlers and older I find a challenge. I have one girl aged 5 and one boy aged 3 1/2.
    Our family is complete =)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I have one girl and one boy. Everyone assumes that I should be done now, because I have it "perfectly balanced".

The problem is that I totally love pregnancy. Yes, I am aware that I am apparently a rare kind of freak.

But I really would like to do it all one more time...

I was doing some research on surrogacy recently, though. I think I could do it! And what better way to do something you love doing (losing some weight, being pregnant, having nice hair and skin....) and giving a gift of a baby to someone? I don't know.... I need to think about it more, but it's a definite possibility.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 but definitely want at least one girl - I'm very girly! I've told future hubby I won't stop until I get a girl but I really hope I don't end up with 8 boys and still trying for a girl!

My family has three girls then a boy, his family has three boys then three girls. So maybe after three of the same sex, the fourth would be the opposite.

My mom always really wanted a girl. She and my dad got married young and had 3 boys. When my brothers were 11,15 and 19 she accidentally got pregnant with me. The whole pregnancy she wouldnt find out my gender because she was afraid I'd be another boy. She thought she was nuts having a baby at 40 but she finally got her girl.

I bet you kept her young, too. My daughter was also born when I was 40, but for whatever reason I never thought it was nuts.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    None. Childfree by choice here.
  • bradybugsmom
    Options
    I have one boy, I would love to have another (preferably another little boy) but would like to be better off financially before we head down that road. My son loves to be in every extra curricular activity available and some of them aren't cheap! My honey is happy with one so I have a feeling that's what we're sticking with.
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    At least 4! Hoping to have them all 2 years apart. However, my husband is wanting 12 boys and 12 girls lol He has his hopes on a football team and cheer leading squad. Unless he decides to have sister wives (not ever happening though) he better start making babies himself! :laugh: Would consider fostering children though. But since I am the only girl out of 6 brothers (2 bio brothers & 4 brother-in-laws), please God, an earnest prayer, let me have at least 1 girl! :heart:
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I only wanted one. My husband wanted two. We were blessed with one. We have the daughter of our hearts.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    None.
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have 0 and i want 0.
    I've been told since i was 18 that i should be settling down, getting married and having children.
    Nnnnoooo Thanks.
    I Love my niece, and have nothing against children, but I don't want any of my own.

Not done with my bachelorette ways, and don't think i ever will be :happy:
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    4 kids would be great!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Probably two-three and an adopted.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i want 3, two girls and a boy. i am very excited to have children one day!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I don't think I want any--I'm much too selfish for children. Of course, people do change--luckily in my case, accidents do not happen, so it would have to be a very premeditated choice.

Jump in the selfish boat with meeeeee. Seriously though, my friend and I were discussing this today. She felt bad about being selfish... I don't feel bad!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    How many do I want? None

I have 3.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have 2. My son is 13 and my daughter is 5-1/2.