There are Two Types of People...

Options

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Freeze and listen.... hear nothing, get curious, then go check it out.

this
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i just open my window and scream "STFU people are sleeping here!"
  • aridge08
    aridge08 Posts: 16
    Options
    Freeze, try to pretend like I am dead, I get really hot under the blanket and I am trying not to breath and then I finally get up and see what it is
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Freeze, listen, go back to sleep.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Roll on the other side and keep sleeping. I live in an apartment building located on a major street. If I got bothered by every strange noise I hear, I wouldn't be getting any sleep at all.
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Grumble about noisy dogs
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I usually just think "the hell with it" and go back to sleep.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm both... first I freez, then I have to get up to check it out :)
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Freeze and listen. If it's not normal noise I make hubs check it out. If hubs is not home, grab the gun and go into the nursery where my 2 sons sleep, barricade the door, then call the police. If intruder is in the hall, announce that I am armed and if need be, shoot.

I'm not Rambo and I have 2 kids whose safety has to be priority #1.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I get up and check it out after having my wife pester me and not let me go back to sleep for about ten minutes...
  • ladyace15
    ladyace15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I freeze, try to wake my husband, sit up, try to wake my husband, listen, try to wake my husband, actually get him up, he goes to check, comes back and lays down, I ask are you sure ten times, get up and go check again, check my knives, make sure my kids are fine, go to the bathroom and head back into bed!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Freeze & aim! :mad:
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'll freeze for a minute and pray I didn't really hear anything- If I hear it again I get up. I have a kid and I'm always terrified an intruder would come in the house and take her. I know- I have anxiety issues... so sue me! Ha! I've never taken karate before, but you could bet I would kick someone's @ss if they were to break in and I'm there. I work off of adrenaline. :)
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Depends at the noise... if it is my neighbors yelling again, or the dogs, ignore it... the sound of someone screaming, get up and check... A demonic sound of someone saying "I know your in there, come out come out" and it is coming from my front door, or near a window... Grab bat, sword gun or something and hide :laugh:
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I usually freeze, listen, and if I hear it again...... THEN i'm going for the gun and going to check it out.... :noway:
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I make someone else get up and check it out!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Which one are you?

When you hear a noise outside late at night, do you:

Freeze and be quiet. Maybe pull the covers over your head, and hold your breath?

Get up and check it out?

See below.
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm both. Freeze for a moment then grab my big *kitten* knife and go hunting....
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Which one are you?

When you hear a noise outside late at night, do you:

Freeze and be quiet. Maybe pull the covers over your head, and hold your breath?

Get up and check it out?

I grab my big-*kitten* knife and go check it out - I have a 7yo to protect.
  • stonegirldancing
    stonegirldancing Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Freeze & listen.