There are Two Types of People...

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Depends on the noise.

If it's the sound of a bottle opening, I will investigate.

If it's the sound of a knife stabbing into flesh amidst a cacophony of pain-addled shrieks, I'll probably stay put.

This.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Check it out!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I get up grab my mini Drako AK47 with the 30 round clip and go looking for something to shoot. If it is somewhere else, I grab my Remmington shotgun with 00 buckshot, with a round already racked in for good measure and go looking for something to shoot. BTW the sound of a shotgun getting racked is a sound that will instill fear into most men and women, however, I would rather not give my position away. I would rather them if they are there to just see the flash and hear the boom before they go to meet their maker. Just saying.

Translation = I have a small penis.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    wait to see what kind of reaction my animals make first.. then probably turn the outside lights on
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Depends on the noise.

If it's the sound of a bottle opening, I will investigate.

If it's the sound of a knife stabbing into flesh amidst a cacophony of pain-addled shrieks, I'll probably stay put.

This.

Wrong choice - if they're distracted by stabbing someone else, you can get the drop on them. If you wait, they'll get around to you eventually.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I get up grab my mini Drako AK47 with the 30 round clip and go looking for something to shoot. If it is somewhere else, I grab my Remmington shotgun with 00 buckshot, with a round already racked in for good measure and go looking for something to shoot. BTW the sound of a shotgun getting racked is a sound that will instill fear into most men and women, however, I would rather not give my position away. I would rather them if they are there to just see the flash and hear the boom before they go to meet their maker. Just saying.

Translation = I have a small penis.

Seriously. A firearm isn't a toy and only severely sick people would ever hope to use it on another human.

By the way, in most states you must tell the intruder that you are armed (or rack the shotgun) and let them run away or at least not shoot them in the back. Would you really rather kill another human if the noise would make them run away? Come on now.

I am a huge believer in everyone being armed and defending your home and family but you MUST be responsible! A weapon IS a big deal and you should treat it with respect.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Let Apollo (my 110 pound german shepherd) out to check it out while I hide :)

My 1yo german shepard Azula is only 90 pounds, but she makes up for it in spirit! I'd take the lead, but I know she'd have my back.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I freeze and listen...then i get my kitchen knives ready and look out the window. This is why I want a gun.

Exactly me too!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My dogs know when there are rabbits in the back yard, so I know they'd hear an intruder. Whether they barked or not, if I heard something, I'd definitely sneak around the house and try to figure it out myself. One of my fosters was barking her head off at 2 am. I got up to see what she was barking at and heard something run across the cellar door that's at the back of the house. I never saw anything, and everything was locked, so I didn't call the police. Found out weeks later it was a friend of my 13 yr old trying to see if she could come out! 2 am? REALLY?!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I check it out.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I would say get up and check it out, but Gus-Gus the super Chihuahua has already caught the bad guy and is holding him till the cops get there. :laugh: :drinker:
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I ignore it and go back to sleep... unless it's a peeper and them I give them a show. LOL
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options

AK47? Doesn't anyone buy American anymore?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Get my .38 and check it out
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I have a 100lb rottweiler/german shepard named Lola who takes care of all those noises. If not her, then I roll over and ask my husband to do it.

Usually, Lola has it covered.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Which one are you?

When you hear a noise outside late at night, do you:

Freeze and be quiet. Maybe pull the covers over your head, and hold your breath?

Get up and get the gun to check it out?

fixed that for you..

^^^
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    mak my hubbie go check wile i load the gun?:bigsmile:
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Get up and check it out with some type of hard object in my hand
  • MissMel1984
    Options
    I Freeze, Listen, and shove my husband and make him check it out.

Same here!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    i just open my window and scream "STFU people are sleeping here!"

LMBO That would be something my son would do. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: