There are Two Types of People...

Options

Replies

• Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    I Freeze, Listen, and shove my husband and make him check it out.

LOL This buts half the time he doesnt move >_<
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what a lot of you ladies (and some of you men) expect to do if you found an intruder... if it comes down to hand to hand combat, you are pretty much screwed, even with your knife/bat/frying pan/dog. Unless of course you've been trained in hand to hand combat (go you!) or had close weapons training.

Guns even the playing field (although obviously proper training is still required).

And... who's protecting the children while mom is fighting the bad guy, and who will protect them when mom gets knocked out? Do kids know what to do in that kind of situation? Has it ever been discussed as a family? Drills, rally points, who does what?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<< Here's my answer
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Freeze and listen, THEN go check it out.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I've been trained in hand to hand combat, not really scared to go check things out.

Once I found my Daughters boyfriend trying to sneak in to her window. Should have seen his face when he was looking up at me from the ground. (He's lucky I realized who he was before I stomped him)

So yea, I always check it out.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Definitely freeze and Listen...then shoot as soon as I see a shadow
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm the third...don't give a crap and go back to sleep! Until my dogs give a crap I don't worry.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Which one are you?

When you hear a noise outside late at night, do you:

Freeze and be quiet. Maybe pull the covers over your head, and hold your breath?

Get up and check it out?

I am the "get up and check it out" type....albeit cautiously. I own a commemorative baseball bat for just such occasions. However, living in a second floor condo, the chances of a break in are slim to none. :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what a lot of you ladies (and some of you men) expect to do if you found an intruder... if it comes down to hand to hand combat, you are pretty much screwed, even with your knife/bat/frying pan/dog. Unless of course you've been trained in hand to hand combat (go you!) or had close weapons training.

Guns even the playing field (although obviously proper training is still required).

And... who's protecting the children while mom is fighting the bad guy, and who will protect them when mom gets knocked out? Do kids know what to do in that kind of situation? Has it ever been discussed as a family? Drills, rally points, who does what?

I figure I'll just pull some Turbo Jam moves on 'em. I don't want a gun in my house because my daughter broke into my fireproof box. She can't be trusted, safety or no safety. Our neighborhood is pretty safe, but that's not a bad idea to make sure they know to get the hell out with their cell phones and call 911.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Get up and make a nice cup of coffee and invite the intruder in.
  • third_time_lucky
    third_time_lucky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    haha i freeze, then elbow the other half to go check it out!! if any monsters ever do come to get me they will have to get through my half asleep, butt naked boyfriend thats humouring me to be able to get some sleep first lol
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO - my dogs will bark their fool heads off and scare anything away, then I get up and check it out. Nobody is gonna mess with 2 dogs weighing 70+lbs each. Pity the fool that does! :laugh:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    By the time I am in bed, I am too tired to care. I just go back to sleep and figure if I wake up in the morning it was nothing....

^^this
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I get up & the dog & I go check it out.. The one time it was a dear looking inside the house at us.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Let Apollo (my 110 pound german shepherd) out to check it out while I hide :)

My 1yo german shepard Azula is only 90 pounds, but she makes up for it in spirit! I'd take the lead, but I know she'd have my back.

No need to "make up". The breed standard for a German Shepherd Dog is 30-40 kg/66-88 lbs for a male and 22-32 kg/48-78 lbs for a female.

I think her dad was part Kodiak bear...
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options

child'ns are all growed - no knife, no gun, no bat, just scary old me and 2 big dogs. Ain't got nothin' nobody would want after paying all my son's medical bills and funeral bills, if they wanna come in my house they better beware this momma don't care no more. grinning evilly and they better run cause I rides a broom and cast hexes
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    If the noise keeps on happening, I'll check it out. If it only happens once, then whatever.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Get up and check it out I guess, or just ignore it. There's a bar right down the road from me so it's always pretty noisy around here, no single noises really stand out.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Step 1:

Get out of bed

Step 2:

Grab my Benelli M4 semi-auto shotgun

Step 3:

Open bedroom door to let my two pitbulls downstairs

Step 4:

Listen for the sound of someone running, peeing their pants, screaming in pain, or two pitbulls screaming in pain.

Step 5:

If the latter, come down cocked, locked and ready to rock.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Strap on my man cape and jock strap, grab my glittered baseball bat and uzi and seek out the villains!!

I need more artillery a shotgun +my buddies smith and wesson could hurt some buddy.
    Do they have glitter uzi's?