Petite girls r u struggling w last 10 pounds??? 5'1" - 5'3"

Options

Replies

• sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yes, I am experiencing the same problem! But I have decided to stop using weight loss as an indicator for weight loss... If that makes any sense? I now go by body measurement. I have been stuck at the same weight for about a month but I am shrinking in measurement and clothing size. So I am guessing my body is becoming more toned and muscular :)
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am stuck on my last four lbs... I lost 13 lbs but have been stuck here for about a month... Although I am happier with the way I look... I still want to lean up more... I just added an extra day of weights so I'm doing 5 to 6 days of exercise a week...
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    well as of yesterday I am down to 115.6...so I was happy to see that...now to stay here and continue....interesting that some people exercised less and lost weight...maybe I am exercising too much?? But i have anxiety if I don't go to the gym :indifferent:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight, but I like to connect with other petite ladies. I am 5"2" (age 34). :flowerforyou:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to see exactly what you're eating... For me to get those last 10 pounds off, I had to REDUCE my exercise (from 4-6 days a week down to 2-3 days), and ELIMINATE grains, breads and sugar.

I'm 5'3.5" and 112 pounds. (Top weight, 145 pounds.) I was stuck at 124 for quite a long time.

I don't eat any grains as I am gluten intolerant ....my Dr does not seem to think I have celiac disease, but I feel better when I don't eat wheat or breads, and my sugar mainly comes from fruit and yogurt. Actually thats how I lost a lot of my weight when I was around 130...stopping breads and whole grains I dropped 10 pounds :happy:
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I'm 5'1" and I try workout and do various sports and cardio. In my blog I want to work up to get my nutrition up to par so that I can try Intermittent Fasting IF. Everyone that has tried it here on MFP says they have really good results and it's supposed to increase lean body mass and remove that last bit of fat. Anyone else here tried it? :huh:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    sort of.. but only because I prefer to eat above my BMR. This has made a huge difference on my metabolism. So since I am small without a lot to lose, I am only around a 250ish calorie deficit. (1/2 pound a week).. so any moments of weakness where I blow it, can undo a weeks worth of deficit pretty easily.

I can't really go by what the scale says either since I lift heavy weights. I've gained about 4 pounds since February but I actually lost 3% body fat and inches everywhere. Make sure you are measuring!

I highly recommend everyone read this post if you're not sure how many calories you should be eating..
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    No more starving myself at 1000 calories anymore!! Its awesome that I can lose eating 1600 everyday!
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi girls i feel your pain!! I've been fighting for those exrta pounds. Thankfully i'm lossing them but slowly what's helping me is to do circuit training and learning to list my body. I eat when i'm hungry, and also am not a believer of eating your excercise calories either starvation mode. I hit my eating cals and try to save some cals. :) Its been hard but we can do it..it takes time Since May i loose 8 pounds began at 120 i'm now at 112, im 5'2 and my goal is 110. With consistency, healthy eating and religios excercise it can be achieved!! :) Feel free to add me!!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes, same. I havve 10lbs to lose and it's hard. I am 5'1.

I managed to lose about 3lbs - then I started craving and eating baked goods and chocolates - so back up I went.

My body seems also to have 'decided' what weight it wants to be.

Well, I know better - I'm going to keep fighting, for at least 5 more years, (until I hit 40)
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I'm 5'1" and I try workout and do various sports and cardio. In my blog I want to work up to get my nutrition up to par so that I can try Intermittent Fasting IF. Everyone that has tried it here on MFP says they have really good results and it's supposed to increase lean body mass and remove that last bit of fat. Anyone else here tried it? :huh:

I use IF on most days, but mostly for convenience and because I like to eat more in the evenings. I wouldn't consider it some magic trick that melts off the fat, its just a useful way to help you meet your calorie goal. There is some evidence that it uses your hormones to your benefit though. I highly recommend reading the Leangains website, and try it for yourself to see if its a good fit.
  • suz4300
    suz4300 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hang in there! I am the same way - 5 foot 3 and not liking me at 126. Try stopping all bread and sugar. don't worry about the other stuff so much. See if that helps. Those calories are much more insidious than the fat, protein and fuit and veggie calories. They are NOTcreated equal.

susan in Davenport, IA
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 111lbs. Currently trying to lose another 4. They are a lot harder to lose /: I have to be really careful with sugar/sodium intake. I've also had to lower my net from 1550 to around 1500 or less to keep losing. Right now my weight has stalled out due to binges and eating so many treats.

Hopefully this doesn't last long. After I get to my goal I am planning on adding muscle!
    Add me, similar people (:
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Those last 10lbs are a pain to lose, but it's not as hard as it seems. Here's what I do when I need to lean out:

- First and foremost, resistance training is a must! (and the weights need to weigh more than your purse!)
    - Fasted morning HIIT cardio 1/2 hr 3 or 4 days per week or after lifting
    - Carb cycle (lower carbs on non lifting days)
    - Eat 6 - 7 meals a day including about 30 - 40grams of lean protein each meal (eat at least 1gm of protein per lb of body weight)
    - Change things up! Your body gets used to doing the same thing over and over again, so don't get into a routine of doing the same exercises and eating the same meals over and over again
    - Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day
    - Keep your macros at 60% protein, 30% complex carbs and 10% good fats to build lean muscle and burn fat
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    5'1" and looking to lose more fat and gain some muscle, I'm already at a healthy weight so I'm not really that bothered if I weigh less or even if I gain weight, so long as what I gain is muscle and what I lose is fat.
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I am finding it very hard to keep that last 10 pounds off again, seems like no matter what I eat or how much exercise I do it creeps up, and 10 pounds is alot to petite girls ..its like 20 pounds to taller people....*sigh*....I don't know what the issue is? I havent changed anything... i've gone from 110 in March to 119.6 today!!! Its very discouraging as I spend everyday at the gym, I feel like this is a big waste of time if I am still gonna gain weight...why should I bother ...anyone else out there having the same issue ?

Yesssss. I'm 5'2, currently 124 (down from 138). I keep going between 123-125, trying to get to 120! I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and eat fairly heathly (no fast food, no soda), I do the "everything in moderation". Considering the "eat more, weight less" option and uping my calories to see if that breaks my plateau.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow nice to see there are so many that have the same problem. This journey has been so long and hard for me. I stared back in Nov at 140-142 and i am now around 125. My goal was 120 but my dr said she doesn't want to see me under 122 ( not sure why, maybe age, who knows) but i can't seem to get under 125 no matter how hard i try. i got to 124.8 a few times but that lasted 1 day and back up. it's been a month at 125 now and i go up to 127 and back down to 125 never under...I know i am falling off track more and that maybe why but i am getting discouraged. no loss again this month :( funny how that works, i started this month at 126.8 and got as low as 124.8 on the 6th and i will see what i end up tomorrow am to close the month off at... i bet it will be126 ... :(
  • aemglenn
    aemglenn Posts: 1
    Options
    try not going by the scale. how do ur clothes fit. i am actually doing the insanity program and they say to do measurements alone because muscle weighs more than fat. the scale can be very deceiving with all the workouts and strength training.
  • continentaldivide
    continentaldivide Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In the last week I started eating a vegetarian dinner most nights and I think I've broken my plateau. I'm 54 and 5' and currently weight 134, hoping to weigh 124 again. I've been as heavy as 170.
  • runner_chick24
    runner_chick24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and struggling. I've gained about ten pounds this year and I can't seem to lose it, no matter how active I am and how much I watch what I eat. I feel like cutting calories is harder for us smaller people because we have less to cut from.
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    I totally have this problem, these last 5-6 pounds are the toughest.