body fat %

Options
12346»

Replies

• littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 17 - 21% would be good with me! I'm a lady, for reference.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm at 19% and my husband is at 17% - right where we wanna be
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I am at 16% and was trying to get to 10-12% before trying to put on some muscles. I am almost at my goal weight and Im still pretty far from being that low on body fat.

Started at 28% though so I cant complain too much.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 22 and want to be between 17 & 18!!!
  • ugmf12
    ugmf12 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    23% working to 20-21%
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm at 30% (look like the 26% photo though) but would love to be at 18%. Originally my goal was 21% but those pictures showed me that I really want the 18%.

I'd like my guy to be at 13-16%. Either would do and would make me extremely happy. :blushing:
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Think im around 9-10% (not sure my calipers will be here on saturday), I want to be about 7-8%

If that's actually you in the profile photo....you are doing great!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I haven't been measured, but I hope to do it at my school's gym sometime soon. I want to be about 19%.

I don't know how measurements can give an accurate number. If I measure my leg, how does the calculator know if I am measuring fat or muscle? Just doesn't make sense to me. I know several of you said that it is accurate for you, but the logic doesn't work out for me.

Also, even though I look at those pics and want to be a 19, the whole thing seems kind of messed up for women. Some gals store fat in their boobage, and that doesn't get pinched by calipers...and it shouldn't count anyway, right. Not that I have any fat there at all. But I've known large chested women who got dunked in the pool to measure their body fat and it came out really high even though the rest of their bodies were very muscle-y. Seems like boobage would distort the number significantly.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Mines 27% but I look a lot better than that pic. I would like to be closer to 20%. My extra weight is in my legs, I suppose that makes a big difference in how you look at different percentages.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

...or this nifty calculator I found that takes your measurements and averages the various body fat measurement systems to give you a pretty close estimation. http://www.gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html
    Thanks! When I get home from work, I will take my measurements.

No prob! I take my measurements once a month and use that same calculator, pretty accurate as far as I can tell.
    I did it! I am exactly 20% body fat.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm at 17% right now. I'm content with that. I'd be happy to get down to about 15% for my competition next year.