Random Compliments... Love them or think they are creepy?

Options

Replies

• jeffsinkw
    jeffsinkw Posts: 16
    Options
    Depends on what is said. Personally I like compliments so unless someone says something vulgar then I don't mind.
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I never get compliments but the next time I do i'll let you know!!! I think complimets are great people should give more of them instead of always putting people down!:wink:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Not creepy at all, male or female.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Bring it on:flowerforyou:
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Usually I love random compliments. Sometimes I get a little creeped out when it's someone three times my age hollering at me when I walk down the street. Ha, but as long as I feel safe I enjoy getting them.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think random compliments are great. I might be taken aback at first because nowadays they are so rare, but after the initial shock wears off, they make my day. :happy:

THIS ^^ !!

It's funny I saw this thread - I saw a woman in the grocery store the other day and I really wanted to tell her she has GREAT legs but didn't because I thought it would sound funny. I mean, this woman had strong, muscular, perfect legs - and she was wearing a pair of short exercise-type shorts to show them off so it was obvious she had worked for those legs. Now I kind of wish I had said something! :ohwell:
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It's even better when it's random .
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    :heart: LOVE THEM!:heart:

unless like you said... it's about my boobs or something....otherwise, BRING 'EM! :tongue:

I'm like you, though... if I notice something that stands out or I see something pretty or whatever, I compliment or make a comment. Here, in person, wherever. I think some people might take it the wrong way sometimes... okay, well, mainly guys who think I'm hitting on them! LOL but I'm not...
  • mariannerenoir
    Options
    Well, generally depends. If it comes from a man three times my age, wearing a creepy trenchcoat, well, yeah, that's not that cool.

Bust most of the times they are very nice. I mean most people don't really give random compliments these days. I have to admit that I really can't take them - I blush and start to say meaningless sentences and such :-D
    In my opinion a compliment or a smile doesn't cost anything but they really can boost someone's day. And that's awesome.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time accepting a compliment. But I don't think it's creepy.

I think it makes someone day better! Society is so focused on negative things the most random or unsolicted compliments are the best!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I did have someone ask me one time if they could give me a compliment first. That was kind of weird. What are you supposed to say? No sorry I've had my daily allotment of compliments could you come back tomorrow? That made it rather awkward.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    haha I think random compliments are great :-P I like to send people messages with random compliments, too, so I guess I'd be considered a creep by some! LOL!!
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Most of the time I love them. :heart:

But every once in a while it makes my skin crawl.:noway:

All depends on what is said.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time too!

I work at a grocery store and sometimes I HAVE to tell women how beautiful their hair is or whatever. I usually say: HAIR ENVY! I'm very jealous. You have lovely hair.

Something like that. Very light hearted and then quickly change the subject.

I can't help myself. I love complimenting people and when I see things I like I have to mention it. Men too! Men LOVE it when I compliment their beards. Haha. Most men anyway.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    the Creepiness of a compliment is directly relative to how Attractive You find the giver of the compliment.

C = A+Y

While I know this is ture for people hittiing on you... would you also say it applies to someone who is abviously not trying to hit on you, just give you a compliment? Like a little old lady at the grocery store?

I would say this usually applies to women getting compliments from men. at least for me I have no problem taking a compliment from anyone male or female, young or old, beautiful or hideous, etc...
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on the person giving them.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I usually like them! If the person giving them is creepy, I might feel uneasy, but for the most part random compliments make my day!
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I don't mind random compliments, I just don't take them extremely seriously. People are just havin fun, being flirty, so it's all good :smile:

now, constantly repeated random compliments from the same person can get creepy ...
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If its a nice compliment, then I love them like "you have really pretty eyes" or "I love your red hair" thats cool by me, but creeper compliments like " nice boobs" or "man you have. Nice *kitten*" move along creep-o
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Depends on the intent,,,but usually love them!! :-)