Random Compliments... Love them or think they are creepy?

Options

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm an outgoing person and I tend to notice other people around me. My wife on the other hand is one who can walk thru the grocery store oblivious to those around her.

I think if you notice something special or attractive about someone you should speak up; you never know, maybe you just made their day, or week, or month. But it has to be a drive-by style, say it and move on, don't hang around waiting for a response or a reaction, because then you appear to have an ulterior motive, a.k.a. being creepy or trying to pick up a stranger who may not be receptive.

appropriate: eyes, smile, hair, shoes/boots, outfit in general
    no way: body parts
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a compliment anytime from anyone so long as its not something like "I really love the new refridgerator magnet" or "sorry you fell in the shower last thrusday but you looked graceful doing it" coming from a complete stranger. :wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    both
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do what you do sometimes, I send encouragement notes to pals that are not my friends. I have to say that most take it the right way and a few would ignore you or if they are in my friend list they would unfriend me. Only a couple have done that of over a year of me being here so it's a very small percentage.
    I guess some people frown upon saying nice things to them like "you're so nice". Someone actually took this the wrong way and unfriended me.
    Can't win them all. But I don't intend to stop, this world needs more niceness and I'm willing to provide it. You keep doing the same.
    :bigsmile:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I never get compliments but the next time I do i'll let you know!!! I think complimets are great people should give more of them instead of always putting people down!:wink:

What! That is crazy because you are obviously very pretty!
  • jr1985
    Options
    I did have someone ask me one time if they could give me a compliment first. That was kind of weird. What are you supposed to say? No sorry I've had my daily allotment of compliments could you come back tomorrow? That made it rather awkward.

That's funny!
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it at all. And might i add what a lovely smile you have jr1985. See some people just can't help themselves! :smile:
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Random compliments or random acts of kindness...always acceptable to give. If I see someone out who's hair I like or pretty eyes etc...I usually say something...you never know what effect your kindness could have on someone...it could set up a whole chain of positive events to follow. Plus I love when a stranger pays me a compliment...lots of times I'm feeling particularly yuck and someone will make my day with a few kind words...keep up the good work!
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    what are Compliments lol.
    Everyone needs a little creepiness in their life, keeps you on your toes. Just a little not a lot.
  • Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I hate compliments, I always think people are feeling sorry for me or something! Have practiced saying 'thank you' instead of trying to persuade them out of it...
  • jr1985
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it at all. And might i add what a lovely smile you have jr1985. See some people just can't help themselves! :smile:

Why Thank you! BTW... I would totally like to give you a random compliment as well... but given what is visible in your photo... it might come across as creepy if I do :wink:
  • jr1985
    Options
    what are Compliments lol.
    Everyone needs a little creepiness in their life, keeps you on your toes. Just a little not a lot.

Haha... well as long as you don't hid in bushes at midnight and peek out and meow at women walking past... yeah... true story :/
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Why Thank you! BTW... I would totally like to give you a random compliment as well... but given what is visible in your photo... it might come across as creepy if I do :wink:

see everyone does need a little creepiness.
  • jr1985
    Options

see everyone does need a little creepiness.

Touche :flowerforyou:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I get offended if you cross the line. Everyone has a boundry, Ive been told I was" a dime piece" to "Your hot" (who hasnt).
    its the words that come after that:huh: that determine if I delete or block you for beeing creepy:embarassed: . But it definatley wont be for "nice hair or nice body".
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    I love creepy compliments. They make me laugh. :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i have given out a few creepy compliments and some girls/women seem to be cool with that. I also have gotten some creepy comments and for some reason they seem to come from the hottest girls everrr. haha
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i have given out a few creepy compliments and some girls/women seem to be cool with that. I also have gotten some creepy comments and for some reason they seem to come from the hottest girls everrr. haha

thats a good story bro, tell it again
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

thats a good story bro, tell it again

:flowerforyou:
  • jr1985
    Options
    Ok... so what if you really liked some guy's cologne... would it be creepy to say to and ask what kind it was?