Random Compliments... Love them or think they are creepy?

Options

Replies

• sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love them!!

And I'm totally the type of person to give random compliments!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Depends who's giving the compliment, honestly.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Love them...I've worked hard at losing weight, & appreciate when someone pays me a compliment :)
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Compliments are fine as long as they aren't crude. I appreciate the comments people have taken the time to send me because they have all been very kind. Makes a girl feel good :)
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i usually love them unless the person looks like a weirdo or the compliment is something like ...

"(random compliment)...wanna see my penis?" etc.
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It depends on who it is and how it is said, honestly.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I love giving and receiving compliments like that. I especially love giving them. You never know, you might be the only person to say something nice to someone. I told an older lady that she looked stunning and I thought she was going to cry. She was so surprised and touched to have someone say that to her. She did look fantastic! She has white hair and blue eyes so the white and blue outfit she was wearing just looked amazing.

Everybody else can call me a creeper but there are some who I'm pretty sure appreciate it.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've been known to send random messages to people, both on MFP and online dating sites... even tell them in real life, just random things like "Your red hair is amazing! I love it!" Or " That is an awesome beard!" And that is it... I'm not trying to hit on them necessarily and don't even expect to get any kind of reply back... (What can I say, I have a thing for Gingers and lumberjacks :wink: )

Do you like it when you get a random compliment like that? or Do you think it's creepy? I always thought it was fine but then lately friends have been telling me I'm going to be labeled as the town creeper if I keep telling every ginger in town that I love their hair. The only time I think it's creepy to get a random compliment personally is if they go for something awkward... like my boobs or something.

So what's the verdict? Like getting them or think they are creepy?

I think this is absolutely fantastic, and I hope you NEVER stop!
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    i appreciate them and I really like giving them. Its always nice to hear good things about yourself. Theres far too much criticism in this society, it makes for a refreshing change! :wink:
  • Carrie3B
    Carrie3B Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I give random complements all the time. But mostly to women! I know that it usually makes my day if I get a random complement at the store or when I'm out--I like to share the love!! :-)

PS--if it's a crude complement or from a weirdo, then I just blow it off. It takes a lot to offend me!
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If I don't know the person it is creepy...verrrryyy creeeeeppppy.

If I know the person then it could go either way depending on the person and what was said.

Course I am paranoid and anti-social *laff*
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I give random compliments lots, and people just stare at me like im a freak lol
    I dont understand how you cannot like a random compliment! If its from a stranger, its better becuase friends/family tend to lie to make you feel better.
    Thats just my thought though.

:)
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If i got a random compliment, I would instantly suspect a set up.

This is how I feel too.
    But, almost 2 weeks ago I got a random message from someone on here complementing me on my legs. I thought it was sweet. We now talk all the time. :blushing:
  • CStone17
    CStone17 Posts: 37
    Options
    It's weird to think there are people out there who don't know they're really pretty, so I figure I might as well tell them. It's not usually super random, like someone I've just been introduced to and don't actually know yet so they aren't freaked out entirely but also hopefully won't think it's the bias of our yet-unfounded relationship. I definitely compliment beards, too. Gotta keep men growing 'em so I can find me a lumberjack, too!

I've never gotten a random compliment, though. I hate to say it for fear of sounding shallow, but that spurs me to work harder. Someday I want someone to see me and think I look good enough to say something.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I love them :) they always make me smile. I get complimented a lot on my neon hair flowers.
    I also try compliment people a lot.... it almost always brings a smile to his or her face :)
    We never know what kind of day someone is having. Someone could be having a horrible day, and saying something nice about them may be just what they need to hear. It could make them feel better. I always hope I made that person's day a little brighter. And I really mean EVERY single compliment I give
  • Jamers1213
    Jamers1213 Posts: 16
    Options
    Depends on who is doing the complimenting...creeper or not? Still, it's nice to be complimented in some way!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Depends on who is doing the complimenting...creeper or not? Still, it's nice to be complimented in some way!

see previous post where C=A+Y
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It depends on who they are from. I used to work at a full serve gas station, and the regulars weren't used to a girl working there so I was always getiing compliments. But they were usually from gross old guys or just people over 30 in general. Since i ws 17-19 at the time, it was offputting and it just made me feel weird.
    Now, on the rare times it was from someone nearer to my age..HAPPINESS! it makes me feel really good about myself.

25846456.png

So in about 11 years you become one of the 'creepy' people over 30...HA HA HA HA. Then You'll have about 50-60 years to ponder that you are now part of the creepy older generation.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I've been known to send random messages to people, both on MFP and online dating sites... even tell them in real life, just random things like "Your red hair is amazing! I love it!" Or " That is an awesome beard!" And that is it... I'm not trying to hit on them necessarily and don't even expect to get any kind of reply back... (What can I say, I have a thing for Gingers and lumberjacks :wink: )

Do you like it when you get a random compliment like that? or Do you think it's creepy? I always thought it was fine but then lately friends have been telling me I'm going to be labeled as the town creeper if I keep telling every ginger in town that I love their hair. The only time I think it's creepy to get a random compliment personally is if they go for something awkward... like my boobs or something.

So what's the verdict? Like getting them or think they are creepy?
    We could be related! If I see something that I find atractive about someone they will be told wether I know them or not.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love it. I guess it would depend on the delivery, LOL, if it felt "creepy."