I'm on here more than Facebook

Options

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I am on this site all day at work and several times a day on weekends. I am on facebook twice a week to catch up with family. This is a lot more interesting than FB and I think my time is better spent here.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm on here more than Facebook too. I think it's because I get to learn new things here and that's always fun!

Feel free to add :-)
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I dropped facebook a few months ago, and I think this may be replacing it a little... but with the added bonus of semi-anonymity!
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Facebook is starting to not interest me anymore. I'm on this site more than that one for sure!

exactly this, i rarely get on or post anything there anymore
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Facebook is starting to not interest me anymore. I'm on this site more than that one for sure!

I feel the same way. FB is getting boring.
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to this website. I have never had a drive to want to lose weight/eat healthy//be healthy until I started two weeks ago. I have an iPhone and I'm on here after every meal logging my food. I love the support from people on here. It's more than I get from friends. I am still pretty new and looking for more people to add who have a drive to succeed. So far I'm good on staying with my calorie limit. But excersizing i haven't stuck with yet. I just need to tell myself to just get up at 5:00 no excuses!!

I can relate so precisely with you!! I have been tracking calories for 2 weeks, but only on MFP since Monday. I used to be so bad about facebook I would get annoyed with myself for checking it so frequently. I am definitely addicted to MFP already!

I feel like I get so much more support here too, from people I have never met in my life and probably never will meet, than I do from my own sister whom I talk to multiple times a day.

About getting up at 5:00 - I was like you three days ago. I asked my husband to wake me up at 5:30 when he leaves for work. I surprised myself and actually got out of bed!! I ended up purchasing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred for only $4.00 and streamed it instantly. Therefore I had something new and exciting to work out to, and I had a great reason to wake up today early and work out again that early.

Saturday might be a different story! :laugh:
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    DITTO

FB is neglected now...thank fully...that's part of the reason I got myself into this physical mess

haven't accessed through my iPhone yet but will need to once I'm traveling again
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too. actually your post sounds like I wrote it, I'm in a similar place at the moment and really want to succeed in becoming healthier and more active.
    keep it up!
  • AlexnEmma2012
    AlexnEmma2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I only get on FB to post pics of the kids. Getting way to political, and just way to much idiotic drama. MFP is my new FB...lol...with not as many friends.....so far anyway...
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    me too.my friend told me about mfp. she warned me how addictive this place was. I am finishing glasses of water just so I can tick the water box lol. I always use to log onto FB first thing I got to work but now it's this. I'm getting so much support and can't remember the last time I felt this motivated. Feel free to add me!!!
  • alicialee05
    alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Its much easier to say what's on your mind to MFP friends, and discuss weight loss... my FB friends could care less.
  • hungrybunni
    Options
    facebook... what's that?

I am definitely on here more but I was getting tired of my FB page anyway. It's more interesting here, I get tips about my weightloss, I can actually be open and honest about my weightloss, etc. etc. No one on my FB page even knows I am losing weight.

....you are so right........if any of my FB friends new how much weight I really had to lose I would be horrified...don't think they would be non judgemental like my fitness pal friends x
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am also on here more than facebook now. Though I always have facebook on in another tab.. I'm usually here.
  • fmtmt
    fmtmt Posts: 16
    Options
    Me too!!! It amazes me how friendly everyone is on MVP!
  • fmtmt
    fmtmt Posts: 16
    Options
    ditto!!!
  • hungrybunni
    Options
    sorry smartmom I was trying to reply to your post and haven't figured out how to highlight and quote!!!
  • Tgooge123
    Tgooge123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I'm lurking all day!
  • Wintertexan97
    Wintertexan97 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Definitely on here now more then FB....they seem to have just a ton of ads now....still like to see pics of friends and family....but otherwise this website at least accomplishes something.....a great support system! Anyone..feel free to friend me.
  • sweetybird09
    sweetybird09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had only joined FB like 6 months ago, and this site is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better, I love getting the support from friends, and I log my food and exercise faithfully, its so motivating, plus if you have certain interests you can join a team for that as well....oh I too am on this off and on from morning till bedtime, plus I have the app on my iphone that makes it great if I am out and about and I need to log in something.

I LOVE THIS SITE :love: