Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 69% of males aged 30-44 in your country Global

Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 94% of males aged 30-44 in the world

You're most like someone from Croatia.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    This really has nothing to do with body fat. It's just BMI.

Interesting nonetheless, but it doesn't body composition into account whatsoever.

(Glad they seemed to have changed it - at the start of the thread they seemed to be actually referencing 'body fat' rather than 'BMI')

Also, interesting that if I switched from 29 to 30, I go from higher than 66% of the population in my country to 53%.
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

Me too. :grumble:
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 6kg to become average.
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm most like someone from India apparently. I do like Indian food, dammit I WANT Indian food.

Me too! And me too! Mmmm..... curry
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    According to this I am the FATTEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

I hope I get some kind of prize.

I guess we're tied for first place!

Same here...I am apparently fatter than 97% of women in my country and 100% of women my age globally and I'm most like someone from Tonga...oh and btw...they are at the top of the fat list! Ugh...I WAS feeling better about myself. It's okay though, more motivation to lose for us fatties. :)
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If I lost 45 pounds I would feel pretty good about that website. Until then, I'm going to insist that it's complete rubbish.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    lol, forgot to move it from kilos to lbs the first time and almost had a heart attack. Heheh.

Apparently I am above fat for my place, above fat globally... and I am most like someone from Samoa.. which sounds about right since I am tall and gigantic. And have awesome hair. The end.

Hahahaha! I did too, and about cried!
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well then it seems that by losing weight I'm saving the planet. :)
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    OK... I don't think this thing is right. I have a BMI of 19. It says that I have less body fat than 86% of women 45 - 59, and that I have the body fat of someone from Bangladesh. I feel like I am at a good weight for me. I'm not starving. I just like being thin and healthy.
    I'm most likely from Ethiopia?!?!?! I'm really not THAT skinny...

i would like to point out that you only see the bad stuff in the worst areas on the news. these places don't have 100% of the population startving 100% of the time, ffs!

these countries have cities and lawyers and fast food joints. they have unique and rich cultures.

to assume they are all little wide eyed skeletons sitting in dust, as far as the eye can see, for mile upon mile upon mile? just plain daft! that's like me assuming all americans weigh 300 pounds and wear stetsons.

Give me a break... No one assumed that everyone there is a "little wide eyed skeleton"...those are your words, no one elses.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Very Interesting. I am most like some one from India.
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lol, forgot to move it from kilos to lbs the first time and almost had a heart attack. Heheh.

Apparently I am above fat for my place, above fat globally... and I am most like someone from Samoa.. which sounds about right since I am tall and gigantic. And have awesome hair. The end.

I had the same O.O
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    RIGHT THERE W YOU! i WAS LIKE OH, WELL I WAS FEELING GOOD.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Currently BMI 31. I have a higher BMI than 58% of my country and 89% of the world.

That made me pretty sad, so I decided to put in by beginning weight...

Beginning BMI 40. I used to have a higher BMI than 95% of my country and 100% of the world.

That made me feel much better :wink: .
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    BMI= 23

Most like Austria. My BMI is lower than 77% of women my age in the US, but higher than 60 % of women my age globally.

Very interesting!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Very informative. My only criticism is that BMI is a flawed calculation... people who have a very low body fat % but a lot of muscle (and therefore weigh a lot for their height) end up with a high BMI. My BF has about 5% body fat but his BMI puts him in the overweight/obese category just because he's muscular!

But it's still a helpful article. Sometimes its good to step back and see yourself from a broader perspective. I live in Manhattan, where it seems like all the women my age are supermodels, but according to this article I have a lower BMI than 91% of women in my age group in the US and lower than 70% of women in the world. It's encouraging.
  • Monicaislosingit
    Options
    this is so depressing
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting! I am most like an Ethopian woman age 15-29. Who knew?!?
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This was very cool. I found it very interesting (and pretty shocking/disturbing) that my BMI is lower than 82% of females in my country (USA). I'm most like someone from Lithuania, apparently!