What is you accent?

Options

Replies

• treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have Salma Hayek's accent ;) ... j/k :laugh: !!!
    Spanish Accent....
    I am from Mexico ... living in WisCOOOnsin....

NIce! I would love to hear it! ;)
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I've lived in Wisconsin most of my life, so I have a nice midwestern accent. I went to college in Georgia for 4 years and I pick up accents easily. I realized living in the south how nasal I sounded, so I backed off my Wisconsin accent and picked up some Georgia/Alabama influences when I'm tired/drunk/excited, or when I get off the phone with my southerners. My favorite Alabamian and I laugh when we tell the story of the first time we met. We seriously had to have a translator (one of my friends who lived in Atlanta and could understand both deep south, and way north). We call my accent "northern belle". And for what accent I love, I'm constantly asking my husband to learn an Aussie accent.
  • Nillia2
    Nillia2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Idk..but I'm curious as to what accent was used in the title of this thread? (what is you accent?)

Well when I saw it I read it in my bajan accent which made me click it lol
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    Mine is British. I speak the Queen's English (but not QUITE like the queen)

Then you don't have an accent!
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Irish..more specifically Galweigan :)

Love that accent- have only heard men with it, do you pronounce your S as Sh? As in Stop would be Shtop
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Southern Maryland has it's own language at times, right along with a somewhat "drawly" accent... My husband's relatives in RI make fun of me, just like I tease them for not pronouncing their "R's". Pretty funny..
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    i am from guam and i can speak the native language but my mother didn't speak to us in chamorro (the language of guam) because she was afraid we would have an accent. so, i don't think i have an accent. however, i have been told by people (not from guam) that i do. to me, i sound like a regular american.

in other news, i can do any accent. it's kind of my talent.

Hafa adai. That's all I know in Guamanian.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    South coast, England. I don't have an accent :(
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Native Texan, here, but you wouldn't know it when hearing me speak. Most people can't detect an accent when I speak, but for some reason, people from the Upper Midwest and parts of New York always tell me I sound as though I'm from the Midwest. People from California say I sound like a Valley Girl, which I really don't like, haha. I just don't have an accent.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    latino accent! ...... and i dont like it, but most people seem to!
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I am from Alabama, and I KNOW I have a southern twang to my voice. When I recently went to Washington State to visit family, all of their friends kept asking me to "Say Something" lol. I thought they were crazy becuase I didn't realize how southern my accent really is. So where are you from? Or what is your accent? And which one's do you think are sexy??

I love and European accent!!!

This is exactly the way it is for me. I live in Louisiana. I have a very country accent and people will giggle and repeat back a word trying to sound like me. It can get irritating and sometimes it feel demeaning like they think I am dumb because I sound like this. What's funny to me is alot of times they don't sound funny to me so I wonder how I sound funny to them.

My favorite accent is Australian. Hands down!! SEXY!!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have a Texas accent. Specifically west texas. Y'all and such with drawl. The more I am trying to be friendly the more it comes out. If I am just being professional there is no sign of it.
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    Canadian ...ehy!

My favorite accent is British.

Really? haha I have the stereotypical 'well spoken' english accent and I hate it! I don't want people to think i'm snobby!
  • trudance4
    trudance4 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am from Northern Ireland and I am from outside Belfast, so I have that kind of accent. It not the same as the southern accent! :)

Trudy x
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Southern....I'm from South Carolina but I love a northern accent!! :smile:
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    North East of England, so its a geordie accent.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Californian, so none. I can't even pretend to have an accent.

me too, zero accent.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a southern accent. Originally from NC. I've been out here in CA for six years now.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Southwestern, I don't notice it, but people from the midwest do. I can tell if someone is from AZ, New Mexico, CO. there is a certain dialect we use rather than an accent.
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    English midlands accent with a slight northern twang on some words and more southern on others.