What is you accent?

Options
britcurl
britcurl Posts: 110 Member
I am from Alabama, and I KNOW I have a southern twang to my voice. When I recently went to Washington State to visit family, all of their friends kept asking me to "Say Something" lol. I thought they were crazy becuase I didn't realize how southern my accent really is. So where are you from? Or what is your accent? And which one's do you think are sexy??

I love and European accent!!!

Replies

• britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No one wants to play :(
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I don't really have one.. but a small Boston accent probably. My husband has a strong Boston accent. No "R"s ... not sure how he got one.. we grew up in the same town in Northern Mass
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    An American non-accent... No one can really place me unless I am really excited.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm from Alabama too. I grew up in a very rural area of Alabama, and obviously I sound very "Southern".

I was visiting family in Northern California last summer and everywhere I went people would smile and ask "So, where are you from, because you are not from around here!"

Most people said they thought it was "cute" or "charming" , however, my husband and SIL didn't get asked this. And they grew up in Alabama too!
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Mais, it's cajun sha
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have a British accent. More specifically, southern. A little west country, a little cockney and because I've been living in the north a few years now, a hint of Yorkshire.

I love all accents, but I have a thing for Americans. I don't even know why. My first boyfriend was American, so I guess it links back to that.
  • jennynewbury
    jennynewbury Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welsh :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I have a Dublin accent
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Valley...I'm from so cal. It's thick.
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Options
    I am from KY and have a southern/country accent. Even people from KY sometimes ask where I am from. I don't like it so I try to cover it up, but it comes out when I am drunk or extremely tired. Most people think it's cute, but I think it's annoying.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Toronto-Canadian, eh!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm from Mn, but I don't think I have the stereotypical Minnesota accent "Dont'ch know"
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Mine is British. I speak the Queen's English (but not QUITE like the queen)
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I from Alabama too! When I leave the state I can definitely tell that I have one, but sometimes people that live in AL don't think that I am from here. :huh:
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Californian, so none. I can't even pretend to have an accent.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Mostly southern USA, unfortunately. But put me in a room for five minutes with anyone with a different accent (or speech impediment) and I will automatically start picking up bits and pieces of it. A very embarrassing trait!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    West Coast Canadian. Probably very similar to people from Washington State, in the USA.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Since I´m from Iceland I would say european accent. I have never thought about this.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    haha I'm from Alabama too! So I know what you mean!! In Alabama I got called a yankee a lot because they didn't think I had a bad southern accent but now that I live in Oklahoma I get made fun of ALL the time!!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm a Canadian. But some people have said I have an accent but they've yet to identify which one. But I have a few American friends who used to ask me to speak French which was always funny.