What is you accent?

Options

Replies

• laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    I have a bit of a southern accent. Oddly, my nine year old has taken to speaking in a British accent in the past couple of weeks on and off. Hoping that is a phase, we live in Texas.....
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am from KS, living in New York. I am British/American, my mom's mom is from England, my mom was also born in Kansas. So we carried the accent down the line. And in school, my English teacher never liked how I said words.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm English and my accent really depends on who I'm with =/ If I am hanging out with my friends it's very much a northern accent if it's with strangers I get this standard English accent and no idea where it comes from.
  • AgentWalker008
    Options
    It's a mix of Ramsgate (south east Kent), Norfolk (UK) and Leeds - so I'm a mix of southerner, midlander and northerner.
  • lmrw1959
    lmrw1959 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Minnesooooota
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Chemung County, NY. So whatever that accent is. :-)

I think it's mostly that generic Midwestern US accent, but there are certain words that I say "wrong" and have it in common with others from there. For example, I say bay-gel instead of bah-gel for bagel. Drove my Jewish grandmother from Buffalo up a wall!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Mostly southern USA, unfortunately. But put me in a room for five minutes with anyone with a different accent (or speech impediment) and I will automatically start picking up bits and pieces of it. A very embarrassing trait!

Ditto! I studied in Korea for a while and when I came back I had a Korean twang from being around it so much XD took a while to break.
  • Luxxmundi
    Luxxmundi Posts: 52
    Options
    Mainly English, but as i've lived in wales for the past few years its slowly starting to creep in and merge.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't really have one.. but a small Boston accent probably. My husband has a strong Boston accent. No "R"s ... not sure how he got one.. we grew up in the same town in Northern Mass
    Yup, slight boston accent here. Not nearly as heavy as some people. But people definatly still notice it.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Apparently I have a french accent :-) everybody seem to think it is sexy but I find it terribly ridiculous.....
    I love Irish accents and definitely southern accent is nice
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I'm from NE Ohio; something or other about a northern vowel drift and a Great Lakes accent. My a's are really sharp and drawn out, and I say gosh like "gAAsh." Hahaha.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    mines pretty boring, basically the standard american accent in movies/tv
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood. Ive traveled alot and spent alot of time in differnet areas. People say they can figure out my mood by my tone but mostly my accent. And when I get really mad I have been know to talk in differnet languages, sometime more then one in the same sentence. :laugh:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Southern English. Pretty "posh" but not quite "BBC" English.
    I went to America when I was a teenager and had everyone begging me to say things, it was pretty embarrassing.

For me? Probably a cajun accent.. DAMN.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    boston accent.

i love french canadian ones!
    and british.. and welsh.. and aussie.. mmm anything but southern!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Is southern country mixed with some hillbilly an accent??? :wink:
  • Elle_45
    Elle_45 Posts: 43
    Options
    Southern y'all. I'm from Tennessee.

We were at the Zoo in Chicago and a lady told me "I can't understand a thing you are saying, but I love to hear you talk."
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I lived in Texas for a little bit, but have spent most of my years in California. Sometimes people in CA will ask me if I'm from Texas (surprisingly) because they say they hear some southern in me. Odd. Sometimes I say ya'll too.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Valley...I'm from so cal. It's thick.

Me too girlfriend! I am in Dallas, TX but am a total transplant. I am from Santa Ana, California in Orange County and I am told I talk "just like them girls from LA-guna Beach!" The longer that I live here the sexier a deep south accent sounds...lol. For instance I love the way Maci and her boyfriend Kyle on Teen Mom talk. I think they are so damn cute with their Tennessee accents. I don't know how I ended up a valley girl because I grew up around my grandma and she is from Arkansas and has a thick accent.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Sort of a mild, non-specific British accent, I think might be the best way to describe it.