What is you accent?

Options

Replies

• comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    West of Scotland accent here and proud of it :)
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Canadian ...ehy!

My favorite accent is British.

Really? haha I have the stereotypical 'well spoken' english accent and I hate it! I don't want people to think i'm snobby!

I love a 'well spoken" British accent. I watch a lot of PBS..
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Western Canadian. I don't think I have an accent, but last time I was seeing my friends in Seattle they were convinced I had an Irish accent. Go figure seeing as I have no Irish heritage

For me, my favorite accent is Australian
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Maine with a little South Carolina
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I love Austrailian and Irish accents!
    Mine is Eastern PA - just a touch of Philly where i used to live
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :drinker: hi from the north of england well its bang right in the middle of the country im from stockport im a stopfordian ... its sort of bit like a yorkshire accents im not a manccunian as in corronation street eeee up loove is more my accent we miss words out of sentences sp its up street not up the street lol x
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in New York (The Bronx and lived in Queens) and pretty much lived there all my life up until 2 years ago. I currently reside in Florida and everyone here tells me I have a hardcore New "Yawker" accent. They really seem to get a kick out of telling me to say things like "water" "stairs" etc..

Your accent=pure awesome:wink:

^^ Haha thanks! I tried for a bit to tone it down, but I have finally just accepted the fact that "r's" pretty much will never exist in anything I have to say :tongue:
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    From Illinois, I have a bit of a midwestern accent. I don't even know how to explain it.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i'm in the yorkshire area of the uk, surrounded by strong accents, but i'm actually from the south east uk, so compared, i sound terribly posh apparently! even my hubby comments on it sometimes! lol
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    umm, jersey.
  • strangewebby
    Options
    I was raised by a southern dad and a northern mom and was surrounded by the different accents that make up the Army. People always complimented me on my "weird" accent because I sounded different from everyone. I moved to North Carolina when I was 11 and slowly picked up a southern accent. Now that I have lived in North Dakota for a few years I've picked up a mid-west accent mixed with my southern. So no matter where I go they make fun of me. But the joke's on them because the more they mock me the more they pick it up themselves.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've got a really weird accent that comes out differently in different situations. I come from the west Midlands so I've got a brummy twang but then lived in Lancashire for 12 years so I've got Lancashire vowels. now I live in south Staffordshire so I've got a bit of yam yam in me as well lol
  • redhead1234567890
    Options
    in canadian but i supposedly have an english accent, my parent are jamaican and i'm guessing that it's just a weak jamaican, but i met this old woman once, an she was going to kill herself trying to convince me that its and english one, even when i told her my heritage......(english as in england, not american)
    it was funny though
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    South African accent - speak Afrikaans as well, so I tend to still roll my RRRRR's and make weird GGGGGGGG sounds.

Constantly asked where in NZ or OZ am I from ? weird.....

I think I am losing it now, been here in the UK for 6 yrs now, slowly converting to a British one, sounding a bit posh lately, I'd say old chap !
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    VERY southern, lol ughhhhh :noway:
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What is an American "non-accent"?

I think when people say American non-accent they mean the type of American dialect you here on tv or movies. "normal American" but when you go to different parts of the US like New England, the south or the northern states near the Canadian border the dialect is much different. It's own lingo and everything.

I'm from New England - New Hampshire specifically. I don't usually have the accent that goes with it. Unless I'm really excited and then I lose the "r's". And the phrases come out sometimes. Like whadareyastupidorsomethin? On the east coast that's one word. LOL I have a lot of the terminolgy still. I use "wicked" a lot. When Idahoans use it they do it "wrong". Here its and adjective. "That mountain is wicked!" Where I'm from its an adverb. So I'm thinking...wicked what? Wicked high? Wicked dangerous? Wicked fun? I don't understand. :)
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm from Bawstin but I do not have an accent. The rest of you have funny accents that i find wicked awesome :)
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    I'm Canadian so a Canadian accent it is. Actually to be honest, I don't know what a Canadian accent sounds like! I think its cause I believe everyone here talks normally and I grew up with it.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I sound like the guy with the backwards hat in this video, we're from the same town. My voice is a little higher-pitched and girlier though lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9fkDXBD2M&feature=plcp
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    Canadian ...ehy!

My favorite accent is British.

Really? haha I have the stereotypical 'well spoken' english accent and I hate it! I don't want people to think i'm snobby!

I love a 'well spoken" British accent. I watch a lot of PBS..

I googled PBS and the only british show I could see was Mr Bean haha