My sister wants another cat she can't afford

Options
1235»

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    XD Whoops, double post, and the quote button isn't working.
  • Improvised
    Options
    Everything she said about her was bad and it's hard to imagine saying things like that about a sibling.

All it sounds like is that you don't have a sibling like the OP's. :P
    I have 8 siblings (more if you count my adopted siblings), and while most of the time things are awesome, sometimes a brother or sister will do stupid things that make people mad, and for better or for worse, things will be said. We're human.
    It sounds like the OP needed to vent, though maybe a public forum isn't the place to do it. You're right that people are free to say their opinion, and I think you don't sound very compassionate (but I don't know you personally, so I'll assume you're having a bad day or something and that you don't usually jump down people's throats for something as minor as an angry forum post). Give the OP a break, who knows what is going on in her life?
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Everything she said about her was bad and it's hard to imagine saying things like that about a sibling.

All it sounds like is that you don't have a sibling like the OP's. :P
    I have 8 siblings (more if you count my adopted siblings), and while most of the time things are awesome, sometimes a brother or sister will do stupid things that make people mad, and for better or for worse, things will be said. We're human.
    It sounds like the OP needed to vent, though maybe a public forum isn't the place to do it. You're right that people are free to say their opinion, and I think you don't sound very compassionate (but I don't know you personally, so I'll assume you're having a bad day or something and that you don't usually jump down people's throats for something as minor as an angry forum post). Give the OP a break, who knows what is going on in her life?

It is compassion for her sister that made me write my first comment. I dont have siblings like that but from the time I was in my late teens to my mid twenties I was a lot mor irresponsie than just getting cats I couldn't afford. As mad as my older siblings got at me they would never have said such bad things about me to a bunch of strangers. They tried talking sense into me but never talked down to me. It is just really hard for me to understand how someone can do that.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 1/2 year old Persian, he has been a HUGE expense with a surgery and now he has a chronic condition. I love cats but even I don't think I will get another one when he passes.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    Actually, I foster for a local rescue. If you can find one in her area and contact them and tell them what is going on and how she treats the animals, most of them keep a DO NOT ADOPT TO list, which they share with other rescues. Or they will put her on a home visit only list and will only adopt if they do a home visit to verify all the animals she currently has are being taken care of

That won't necessarily keep her from responding to one of the many free kitten ads
  • Improvised
    Options
    The ONLY thing I saw that could been seen as rude was that she said "the only reason she isn't knocked up" blah blah blah and so forth. She sounds like a sister who is frusterated with the situation, not horrible. Just my 2 cents. It just seems a little harsh to be calling someone horrible based on a few things she's said when the whole story isn't out there.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    The ONLY thing I saw that could been seen as rude was that she said "the only reason she isn't knocked up" blah blah blah and so forth. She sounds like a sister who is frusterated with the situation, not horrible. Just my 2 cents. It just seems a little harsh to be calling someone horrible based on a few things she's said when the whole story isn't out there.

Yes, the comment about her getting knocked up was rude. There was also this " My sister lived in my mother's basement and would still live there not working if my mother hadn't died. She doesn't bother to get a job until her unemployment runs out and then manages to work long enough to get fired and get more unemployment. " all that just sounds like really crappy things to say about someone. Especially since her sister is not here to defend herself. The whole story isn't out there, I'm guessing the OP is leaving out a lot that her sister would have to say. It would be very hard to do something to continuously get fired from jobs and keep getting unemployment. She would have to do things wrong to get fired which would make getting unemployment difficult. That alone shows the OP is not being competely truthful about the whole thing.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Improvised you're wasting your breath with this lady.

She obviously knows everything about everyone and thinks it's her place to comment on how sibling relations SHOULD work in her her not so humble opinion, when she doesn't even have any. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You didn't grow up in that house so please leave your sarcasm to yourself.

True, mfp is a sarcasm free site. It really should be added to the terms of use.
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Mary... SO WHAT????? She had a rant about her sister... AND?? What's it to you??

As you helpfully pointed out, it's a public forum and she can pretty much rant as she sees fit. People come here and have a moan about unsupportive husbands, interfering mothers and God knows what else. Who are you to tell them that they can't?

If people don't want stuff in their lives to be discussed, they shouldn't post things! That's pretty obvious. Maybe there should be a forum called "I agree totally" where you're not allowed to disagree with someone? Wouldn't that be fun!
  • sasssurf
    sasssurf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I get you. So hard to see people potentially hurting a animal. And really, themselves too. Being a sister to another human who is so thoughtless must be really hard. I speak from experience... I have a delusional brother.

I'd be angry to with your situation. Your sister sounds selfish and lazy. Mmmmmm...... What to do what to do? Private mail if you want to chat more.

Good luck. Sass
  • sasssurf
    Options
    Kara. I concur with you totally

People. The starter of the topic explained herself well in my opinion. She home alone and needed to share her frustration on her feelings of what she knows of her sister.

Would I be right in saying everyone moans. Come on we are all on mfp to support one another. All these situations affect our motivation and eating/ excercise habits.

Calm down!!!!
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Improvised you're wasting your breath with this lady.

She obviously knows everything about everyone and thinks it's her place to comment on how sibling relations SHOULD work in her her not so humble opinion, when she doesn't even have any. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kara,
    Again, you should really learn to read, I'm the youngest of 9. How does that constitute not having any siblings?:huh:
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Mary... SO WHAT????? She had a rant about her sister... AND?? What's it to you??

As you helpfully pointed out, it's a public forum and she can pretty much rant as she sees fit. People come here and have a moan about unsupportive husbands, interfering mothers and God knows what else. Who are you to tell them that they can't?

If people don't want stuff in their lives to be discussed, they shouldn't post things! That's pretty obvious. Maybe there should be a forum called "I agree totally" where you're not allowed to disagree with someone? Wouldn't that be fun!

:smile:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    ^ I agree totally :-P
  • sasssurf
    Options
    Here here to the last 2 posts.