For cryin' out loud. I eat pasta, fast food and ice cream!

Options

Replies

• Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Well said. I cant live off lettuce and nuts I love food,
  • allisonb281
    Options
    I agree. Your annoying.
  • alsmomma
    alsmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    shrinkinjoggl

Joined Apr 2011

Mon 07/16/12 04:38 PM

QUOTE:

Hmmmm...this does seem to be a very sensitive subject to some, doesn't it? One question...what is a macro? Is that my other nutrients (fiber, fat, protein, etc.)?

you got it!! :)

kylTKe

Joined Apr 2012

Mon 07/16/12 04:38 PM

QUOTE:

Hmmmm...this does seem to be a very sensitive subject to some, doesn't it? One question...what is a macro? Is that my other nutrients (fiber, fat, protein, etc.)?

http://www.phfitness.net/2012/03/whats-are-macros.html

Thanks!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just so much anger coming from you on what could have been a simple conversation is all...just don't get it...Never said you where a bad person, or anything as such just that you obviously have issues, that's all. if you get this angered over a simple conversation online with someone you never met, well i hope you can go talk to someone about them. i really do. no one ...online...or else where should have that much control over your anger or any other emotion...at least not for a simple difference in opinions.

I'm sorry. I just get upset when I've already had so much success in weight loss and then to get bombarded with messages with the sentiment that I'm doing it wrong. I've lost almost 60 pounds (most of which before joining MFP) so clearly I must be doing something right. :P

Congratulations on your success so far. I truly hope you reach your ultimate goal.

And when you reach your goal, you'll completely understand what it took to get there. But until you do, you might want to resist the urge to dole out too much advice for everyone else based on what you *think* will get you there from where you are now.
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    If I'm going to try and lose weight /get fit/ I'm putting 110% into it, which for me is about portion control but also making an actual "healthy" lifestyle change and eat foods that are good for my body. Its not just about losing lbs for me.
  • Elite4LifeDono
    Options
    Amen to that! I eat everything I want, every day, just in moderation! And I'm melting the fat off!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like my sweets but I try to make them myself and I am an excellent baker (I worked in an organic bakery for 2.5 years) but some times nothing beats a hostess ding dong (lol I have made those too), or candy bar with almonds. when I do get bakery items I go to the one I used to work at. I have been making my on pizza crust and sauce, and marinara sauce, growing veggies, working on noodles I made egg noodles.
    Also have been buying meat from farm fresh butcher a little out of town the hamburger is so good!
    Anyway I try but some times I fail but if I didn't eat sweets I would go crazy
  • nachobunny
    nachobunny Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SOOO true! I still eat what I want for special treats (like that delicious burrito) but only on days I know I am going to Zumba so I have the calories I need to afford the intake.

I ate cobbler on the 4th - just not 2 cups like I would have before ;)
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Quote;
    Congratulations on your success so far. I truly hope you reach your ultimate goal.

And when you reach your goal, you'll completely understand what it took to get there. But until you do, you might want to resist the urge to dole out too much advice for everyone else based on what you *think* will get you there from where you are now.

I agree 100% you still have much more weight to loose and the closer you get to your goal the more on top of your calories you will have to be. When this happens you may realize that pasta eats up your calories fast! You are evolving and becoming smarter about food choices everyday, just think where you will be 40 pounds from now. Keep up all the hard work you are doing terrific!
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Quote;

I agree 100% you still have much more weight to loose and the closer you get to your goal the more on top of your calories you will have to be. When this happens you may realize that pasta eats up your calories fast! You are evolving and becoming smarter about food choices everyday, just think where you will be 40 pounds from now. Keep up all the hard work you are doing terrific!

Amen to you both!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A normal 2 oz serving of pasta (without a sauce) is about 200 calories. Just how little are other people eating that 200 calories is a big deal?!
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A normal 2 oz serving of pasta (without a sauce) is about 200 calories. Just how little are other people eating that 200 calories is a big deal?!

Yea... and there are 8 servings in a single box of spaghetti. I don't know about you but I can put away a box by myself easily, that's a nice 1600 calories right there (almost all sugars).

So many of us have a mild addiction to carbohydrates. I understand it, but people shouldn't be so proud of their addictive behaviors.
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of seeing "I can't eat pasta. I can't eat fast food. I can't eat ice cream. I can't eat fruit. I can't have this. I can't have that."

Seriously. This is why people don't "diet" because they think they're only going to live on lettuce and nuts.

I eat pasta.
    I drank booze (can't now because I'm pregnant).
    I eat ice cream EVERY DAY. Yes, EVERY SINGLE DAY (and have for 7 months now)
    I eat fast food.
    Heck, I'll even have that 1000 calorie burrito from Chipotle.

And yes! I LOST WEIGHT. And how did I do it?

BY WORKING MY *kitten* OFF.

Did I really want that burrito? You bet I did. But I exercised to earn it.

Do I REALLY eat ice cream EVERY DAY? Sure do. I remember the days I would down half a container of Breyer's. Not anymore. The key is portion control. I get the Skinny Cow. Actually, right now I have full fat, full calorie TRIPLE CHOCOLATE DRUMSTICKS in my freezer. I had one last night, and golly, I made it fit into my plan.

*gasp* PASTA?! OH NO. Yes, I eat pasta and I do regularly. I'll usually have 1.5-2 servings of cheese ravioli WITH sauce PLUS vegetables with butter!

My macros are set at 45-35-20 and I hit them almost every day on point with calories to spare at the end of the day! Today - my macros came all to 0 at the end of the day.

You CAN eat all the "evil" foods. It's not a "diet", it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and the key to a lifestyle change is to enjoy everything you enjoy, but to adapt them in a way to make them fit into your new lifestyle.

THIS is exactly what I am telling EVERYONE!! I am losing because of portion control and exercise. I had Mc Donalds the other night...yup, Grilled chicken, side salad, and a yogurt! and worked it right in.
    AND..I eat alot of ice cream too. It's 100 degrees here!

This makes me wonder if people actually know whats in McDonald's food! Bleh! Even when I was unhealthy and ate whatever I wanted, filled myself up with junk and didn't care, I would NEVER eat McDonalds!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I tell you that I love you? Because I do.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options

Yea... and there are 8 servings in a single box of spaghetti. I don't know about you but I can put away a box by myself easily, that's a nice 1600 calories right there (almost all sugars).

So many of us have a mild addiction to carbohydrates. I understand it, but people shouldn't be so proud of their addictive behaviors.

I can honestly say I've never had an entire box of spaghetti in one sitting. I rarely cook spaghetti, though. I normally have pastas that take up more space in a bowl or on a plate, like penne or bowtie, have it with a pile of vegetables and a protein (chicken, sausage, meatballs, etc.) When I cook lunch for just myself, I usually make about 1.5 oz, but when making dinner for my husband and me, I make about 5 oz since he eats more than I do.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!!! :drinker:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

You might want to resist the urge as well, or at least avoid the condescending tone you adopt in that post.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    487156_10150945839176378_154133584_n.jpg
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What happens at 501?

It rolls over to a new thread.

I get to repost my favorite Meal category:

zKUdK.jpg

p.s. I do not eat "clean", though I do eat a lot of clean food.
    I've lost 30 pounds and 10% bodyfat.
    I lift big. I eat big.
    And to a previous poster... hitting your 30's doesn't make your metabolism slow down. Slowing down and/or eating too little does.
    <--is 37.