For cryin' out loud. I eat pasta, fast food and ice cream!

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    And for the record, I'm well aware that I don't eat "clean."

I am a single woman who lives alone and I find when I buy everything "clean", a lot of stuff goes to waste because I can't consume it all in a reasonable amount of time. I can't tell you how much money I have lost by throwing away fresh fruits and vegetables, gallons of milk, loaves of bread because they turned rotten and moldy. I'd rather eat as "well" as I can without wasting money.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. I wasn't happy with just losing weight, I wanted to decrease my body fat%. I can't eat whatever I want, that's my lifestyle
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I lost and maintained my weight with exercise, Mt. Dew, Burger King big kid meals and bagels and cream cheese through out my twenties and into my early 30's. It can be done and very successfully but make no mistake your health is suffering because of it.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of seeing "I can't eat pasta. I can't eat fast food. I can't eat ice cream. I can't eat fruit. I can't have this. I can't have that."

Seriously. This is why people don't "diet" because they think they're only going to live on lettuce and nuts.

I eat pasta.
    I drank booze (can't now because I'm pregnant).
    I eat ice cream EVERY DAY. Yes, EVERY SINGLE DAY (and have for 7 months now)
    I eat fast food.
    Heck, I'll even have that 1000 calorie burrito from Chipotle.

And yes! I LOST WEIGHT. And how did I do it?

BY WORKING MY *kitten* OFF.

Did I really want that burrito? You bet I did. But I exercised to earn it.

Do I REALLY eat ice cream EVERY DAY? Sure do. I remember the days I would down half a container of Breyer's. Not anymore. The key is portion control. I get the Skinny Cow. Actually, right now I have full fat, full calorie TRIPLE CHOCOLATE DRUMSTICKS in my freezer. I had one last night, and golly, I made it fit into my plan.

*gasp* PASTA?! OH NO. Yes, I eat pasta and I do regularly. I'll usually have 1.5-2 servings of cheese ravioli WITH sauce PLUS vegetables with butter!

My macros are set at 45-35-20 and I hit them almost every day on point with calories to spare at the end of the day! Today - my macros came all to 0 at the end of the day.

You CAN eat all the "evil" foods. It's not a "diet", it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and the key to a lifestyle change is to enjoy everything you enjoy, but to adapt them in a way to make them fit into your new lifestyle.

Yes you do, and I enjoyed taking a peak at your food diary. I exercise to get a satasfying amount of food, and hardly feel deprived. I do stick to my calorie limit 95% of the time because I don't like to lose momentum. So far I've been losing 10 pounds a month eating between 1600-1800 calories a day.
    However some people need to set themselves boundrys and I respect that. Some people have binge reflexes and if helps them to ban certain trigger foods that thats good that they have found something that works for them.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    Good for you, skinny doesn't mean heathy though ... Just sayin' ...

Exactly! Yes, you can lose weight if you burn off more calories than you eat, but if you eat foods with tons of chemicals and trans fat and junk basically, your body will show it. You may not have a giant butt to show for it, but your heart and liver will still be compromised. Junk is ok every now and then. Giving it up completely will only make you want it more, but be responsible. Giving up a snack never hurt anyone.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I am absolutely in LOVE with the fresh pasta from the farmer's market...I eat pizza and ice cream and candy.....IN MODERATION WITH EXERCISE!!!

I know people doing that HCG diet and fasting and all kinds of crap who lose then gain or don't lose at all. Quit Messing up your body and eat to fuel the engine!
  • Brunchstress
    Options
    But those aren't clean foods,therefore you're destroying your health

Exactly. Its not about just being within your calorie range. It's about being healthy, too. At least for me it is!

But if I only eat 100% healthy foods, I can't meet my calorie goals. So I gotta eat a mixture of healthy and not-so-healthy-but-okay-in-moderation foods. >.<

Do you eat nuts? Avocado? Whole grains? There are plenty of high calorie healthy whole food options.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I agree with weeblex.
    Your post made you sound a bit mean. Just saying

P.s. this lifestyle may work for you now in your twenties. In your forties, or even thirties your body, hormones, kids may change your ability to eat whatever you want. I'm saying this from personal experience.
    Hopefully, you'll never have those issues. Good luck to you.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Well, and that's why you're stuck only losing 69 pounds.
    Hey, wait a second! Actually, that's very good progress.

Anyway, like I was saying......:smokin:
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have gotten wise enough to know these sort of topics always turn into a "healthy food vs. junk food" debate with about an equal amount of people on both sides so I won't go there.

I do agree with you totally that if you deprive yourself of the tasty, delicious things in life, life in general sucks and you are doomed to fail. That being said, personally I will (try like hell) to never eat an item off a fast food menu again. Why? Cause it's crap. So even if it fits in my regimen calorie wise, it's not what I want to put in my body. Whomever wants to throw science at me about "a calorie is a calorie" can - I won't agree. it's just a personal choice I have made.

To each his own - if it works for you - great - Chipotle away!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    And also for the record, the Chipotle, the fast food, etc... that's not stuff I eat everyday. And I would NEVER eat that stuff everyday. I actually didn't really eat fast food for months because I stopped eating meat, so my options were limited. Now that I'm pregnant, I got some cravings I haven't had in a long time. And goshdarnit, I really like the Daily Double from McDonald's, so once a week, I may splurge and get one.
  • Brunchstress
    Options
    It depends on your goals. I wasn't happy with just losing weight, I wanted to decrease my body fat%. I can't eat whatever I want, that's my lifestyle

That's why you look so DAMN good! :)
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I lost and maintained my weight with exercise, Mt. Dew, Burger King big kid meals and bagels and cream cheese through out my twenties and into my early 30's. It can be done and very successfully but make no mistake your health is suffering because of it.

LMAO No accounting for taste, BK Kids, I prefer the happy meals :bigsmile:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Not everyone wants to spend their life eating clean and that is their prerogative. You can be healthy if you eat unhealthy foods in MODERATION. I am going to still enjoy the food that I like, but I eat lots more fruits and veggies, use a lot less butter or sauce and stick to lean meats as much as possible. What good is it to be healthy if I'm miserable because I cut out everything I love to eat?

One thing though, I cut down my drinking A LOT. I used to drink 5 or 6 drinks out with my friends 1-2 times per week. Now I have no more than 2 drinks and I only go out once a month IF that. And I don't miss the hangovers or feeling like crap!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Makes sense to me!! I hope to add some of my comfort foods back into my diet once I up my exercise. :drinker:
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm with you, well except the pasta, I don't like it, we still have a once a week trip to Mickie D's we just make sure we've built up the calories.

If I wanted to eat fruits and nuts I'd become a squirrel :smile:

hahahaha @ squirrel!! Luv that and totall agree. We have decieded to earn those guilty pleasures and to deny yourself is setting yourself up.
  • butterflimom32
    Options
    Not everyone's body is made up where they can lose weight by counting calories or using portion control. I am under a doctor's care, several actually. No matter what I do, I cannot lose weight by diet and exercise alone.

I lost my first 60 pounds last year with light exercise and by eating meals that were low in sugar and low in carbs.
    I lost 7 pounds just last week with a 30g of carbs limit daily. I am never hungry, never craving, and feel so much better. My joints are hurting less now and my BP is already regulating.

This, like your "diet" is not for everyone either.
    Each individual is different.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I made it my goal when I started this healthy journey to not completely cut out anything.

I want to live this way for the rest of my life. That would mean no ice cream......FOREVER.

Nope, not gonna happen.
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    totally agree with original post.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    But those aren't clean foods,therefore you're destroying your health

Exactly. Its not about just being within your calorie range. It's about being healthy, too. At least for me it is!

But if I only eat 100% healthy foods, I can't meet my calorie goals. So I gotta eat a mixture of healthy and not-so-healthy-but-okay-in-moderation foods. >.<

Do you eat nuts? Avocado? Whole grains? There are plenty of high calorie healthy whole food options.

Nuts and whole grains, yes. Avocado...not very much. I eat half of my calories at breakfast and lunch and save the other half for dinner and a snack because when I go to work, I have no idea what my mom is going to make for dinner so I gotta make sure I have enough calories allotted in case it's something bigger. Most of the time it isn't. Although one night after going to the gym after work I had 700 calories left to eat in the evening and I had no idea what to do. I got to eat about 400 of them and gave up. XD