Grammar police! Your clothes get LOOSE when you LOSE weight.

Options
McLifterPants
McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
You are not "loosing" weight. You are "losing" weight. "Loose" is how your clothes fit when you are successful in this endeavor.

I see this mistake about 100 times per day, and if I didn't get this off my chest now I was afraid that my head would explode :explode:

That is all! You may return to what you were doing :heart:

Replies

• MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    -pets OP- It's okay, I feel your pain. Grad student of lit currently. One day, the whole English-speaking world will learn, or so we can hope.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    their, they're, there :)
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    their, they're, there :)

:flowerforyou:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    sighs............ again this thread?????
  • tanias001
    tanias001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    The scary part is that if enough people adopt the incorrect version, wouldn't it by default become the popular "correct" version over time? *shudder* :sad:
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    sighs............ again this thread?????

You only need 3 dots for an ellipsis.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.

I am shocked by your ignorance.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Something I plan on telling my boyfriend this week:

"You had me at the correct usage of 'you're.'"

haha
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep. "Loosing weight" and "thights" are the most common spelling mistakes on weight loss forums, it seems.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    delete.
  • JMeka
    JMeka Posts: 26
    Options

I second your comment bm99. This level of verbal diarrhoea shocks me at times.
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS! Wow...
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    that is one of my biggest pet peeves people who do the grammar police deal. it really annoys me! of course in my neck of the woods we speak red neck.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    regenboogey.gif
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

^^^^this^^^
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    You are not "loosing" weight. You are "losing" weight. "Loose" is how your clothes fit when you are successful in this endeavor.

I see this mistake about 100 times per day, and if I didn't get this off my chest now I was afraid that my head would explode :explode:

If you were in the UK there would be a problem with the spelling in this paragraph... :laugh:
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options

If you were in the UK there would be a problem with the spelling in this paragraph... :laugh:

Which is odd because they want to include U in everything else :bigsmile:
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    that is one of my biggest pet peeves people who do the grammar police deal. it really annoys me! of course in my neck of the woods we speak red neck.

You can speak redneck and still use proper grammar while typing. I am a fluent speaker of all things redneck as well.
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    BAD GRAMMAR IN THE WEB IS LIKE HAVING BAD BREATH IN RL