Grammar police! Your clothes get LOOSE when you LOSE weight.

Options

Replies

• SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Everyone put their pissy pants on!

Or just slip out of them and wave them over your head:bigsmile:

You way sounds much more fun!!!
    *slips the pants off*
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    that is one of my biggest pet peeves people who do the grammar police deal. it really annoys me! of course in my neck of the woods we speak red neck.

You can speak redneck and still use proper grammar while typing. I am a fluent speaker of all things redneck as well.

I concur with this statement. Though I do frequently use "y'all". But seeing as that is the correct spelling for the local colloquial term...
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.

I am shocked by your ignorance.

I do believe English is spelled with a capital "e" every time. It's not like earth, which can be "earth" if you're talking about the soil or "Earth" if you're talking about the planet. Additionally, "some english" doesn't express a complete thought. Does this mean the language? The people?

Second, before you criticize people for their grammar, the first person pronoun is "I" not "i" and sentences should begin with capital letters.

Third, where does the English language come from, if not from England?

You just rocked my world a little bit! :love:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Okay, yes, it is annoying to read grammatical errors, and yes it is irritating to have to decipher what someone is trying to say, but seriously...not everyone can be perfect at everything. Those people who can't spell, don't understand the grammar rules, are too busy to worry about it, or just plain don't care have other God-given talents and gifts to fulfill their purpose in life. And having other people harp on them about their grammar and spelling isn't going to change the fact that God didn't put them on this earth to practice proper grammar. He has much bigger plans for them!

If I don't believe in God can I still harp on them?:tongue:
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.

I am shocked by your ignorance.

I do believe English is spelled with a capital "e" every time. It's not like earth, which can be "earth" if you're talking about the soil or "Earth" if you're talking about the planet. Additionally, "some english" doesn't express a complete thought. Does this mean the language? The people?

Second, before you criticize people for their grammar, the first person pronoun is "I" not "i" and sentences should begin with capital letters.

Third, where does the English language come from, if not from England?

You just rocked my world a little bit! :love:

I just love telling people that my bad grammar is because I speak English not American, since most of them haven't been there I can get away with so much :smile:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Grammar mistakes on the Internet are like Catholic bears. Everyone has one.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    you seeing that mistake so often is just as annoying as seeing this thread over and over.

just sayin! lol
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We all can not be as perfect as you or have as much time on our hands...JEEZE LOL
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    You are not "loosing" weight. You are "losing" weight. "Loose" is how your clothes fit when you are successful in this endeavor.

I see this mistake about 100 times per day, and if I didn't get this off my chest now I was afraid that my head would explode :explode:

That is all! You may return to what you were doing :heart:

LMFAO!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    their, they're, there :)

:laugh:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Everyone put their pissy pants on!

Or just slip out of them and wave them over your head:bigsmile:

You way sounds much more fun!!!
    *slips the pants off*

Yippeeee! It's Panty Waving Monday!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My clothes get LOOSE when i drink too much tequila.

I like where this is going...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    thisthreadagain.jpg \m/
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    . I would love to meet the OP.....Never met perfection before.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    The scary part is that if enough people adopt the incorrect version, wouldn't it by default become the popular "correct" version over time? *shudder* :sad:

Like "nauseated" and "nauseous." I hate it when people say "I feel nauseous." No, you don't. You're nauseated. So many people misuse it, that it's considered correct to use either one, which makes me crazy.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    English spelling is so erratic that it's no surprise that even native English speakers do it so erratically. "Lose" rhymes with "choose," so I'm neither shocked nor appalled that people write things like "I choose to loose weight." Blame the Great Vowel Shift and don't get your knickers in a twist. :wink:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    In any case, this is a thread for the spelling police, not the grammar police.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Borrrrrrriiiingggggggggggggg Thread!!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options

When I was a kid my father pay me 5 cents for every grammar mistake I could find in the newspaper.... my mother for several reasons hated that he did that. BTW I grew up speaking Spanish.

Your father is a genius.